Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

MMO Construction Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by cookimage, Apr 22, 2013.

1. 3dd3

3dd3

Looks good, so what your getting is a pack of files that creates a server on your computer? like xampp?

Also for total noobs at programming how easy is it to add characters and enemies to the game? Say you model a enemey and animate it so frames 1-20 is attack 21-30 death 31-40 run and so on.. what would you do to import the character? Are there any systems to make this easyier so you just select what animatio frames are attck..run idle and it does it all for you?

thanks

2. cookimage

cookimage

You can create a server anywhere you like, on a cloud system as well. If you watch the demo video of the bootcamp we did a while ago you can see how easy it is to do.

The tools are being developed with non- programers as well as programers in mind. For those that don't want to delf into programing to get things done like you said adding enemies and other mobs for instance, there will eb a easy UI editor inside Unity where you can just drag and drop you mob prefabs that has their animation on and then specify what animations to play for say idel and so on. For combat and abilities you will just specify what animation to play at what time during combat. We will be working on that specific system in the next week after we finalize the UI layout for the whole tool.

3. sooms

sooms

Hi David.

The quadrants have no set geographical size, but are rather based on number of nodes in a quad tree section. This number can be changed without touching the pre-compiled server code. The updates for players are sent every 0.1 seconds when a player is moving/turning and every 5 seconds if no change is detected. These settings can be opened up to be changed easily in Unity is that is wanted. For mobs it is a pretty similar system, but changing the update time for them is a bit trickier. I will have to think about that one.

Generally the system is very efficient at sending and receiving data, I have not seen any issues so far but haven't done major stress tests lately.

4. david55527

david55527

Thanks guys :) sounds great. Will definitely be purchasing once it's released.

5. VladTepes

VladTepes

Great work, really. I will purchasing when you release it.

Do you have a month when you release it ?

Thanks

6. cookimage

cookimage

We will release Alpha end of this month, Beta will be January 2014 and full release in spring 2014. For alpha release you can purchase it now to get in by Pledging on our MMO Neo's Land website. There is two options to pledge :

$70 Atavism Pledge will give you Alpha access end of this month plus access to the game when it comes out.
    $340 Developers Package will give you Alpha access end of this month , plus game access and rewards as well as all assets we will be releasing to the Unity asset store for free worth over $3000.

www.neosland.com

7. chengysogood

chengysogood

Is there a finalized price for the kit release on the asset store? The $70 pledge gives early access as well as access once the kit is released right?

8. cookimage

cookimage

The $70 give early access as well as access when kit is final released, as you get the starter pack license. On our website and at the first post in this forum there is a final release pricing for each license.

9. Nostre

Nostre

Why are you announcing your product here in a big way to buy your early game and you remove the possibility to your future client to be safe inside by removing the option from buying your future Mmo kit in Unity store.

That not a question to help Indies anymore but just dollars.

The day you disappear who is fault (Unity) for all this publicity and the lost of all this money?

You punch my point Chiapet1021 only for money not for indies.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  10. chiapet1021

chiapet1021

The MMO kit is still in pre-alpha, so it's not offered in the Unity store yet. You can't sell an unfinished asset via the Unity store. The current Paypal pledge option is to get early access to the engine while it is still in development.

Besides, many developers offer their assets both on their own websites and via the Unity store, since Unity takes a percentage of the sale for integration with the store.

I don't see how this is bad for anyone. Once the engine is ready for full release, I'm sure it will be available via the Unity store.

11. cookimage

cookimage

As already been stated, we are only selling access to alpha version and beta on our own website. Those also come with our Neo's Land content. Same system as what Shroud of The Avatar has done with their in game content. Once the engine is ready for open release we will be posting it in the Unity asset store at the regular price that's stated on our website. As you know you can't post a product on the asset store until its a full release. If you don't know yet, a engine like this goes for allot of money, we have spend a huge amount of money developing this and if we had to charge the full amount what other do for a similar engine the price would be in the thousand and not as cheap as you can get it now. So we are helping indie developers get into the MMO market by getting them access to the engine with a slow progression to grow their game and license as they do well with their game.

12. Nostre

Nostre

Well for the first time you said you will put the your complete Mmokit on Unity store not just only a little starter to impose people to go to your store to buy the number 1, number 2, number number 3.

You know you move this money a little high, you take this money from indies to make your game en resell the same kit to the same indies.

But ouf ... if you disappear the same indies got a can

13. chiapet1021

chiapet1021

I think perhaps it's due to the language barrier here, but NeoJac (cookimage) has never stated that the kit would only be available through their website. You are the first person posting here who has assumed (incorrectly) that that would be the case. Again, the initial pledge via Paypal option is for access to the engine before it is complete.

If NeoJac delivers on their proposed product--a fully functional MMO kit that requires no programming for standard features--I fail to see how $70 is high. MrSkeletarik's "Ultimate MMORPG Kit" is $50, but it uses Photon Cloud and relies on a Master Client to serve as the "server", making his kit much less robust when it comes to load balancing and fault tolerance. The Atavism engine is supposed to give you the ability to distribute server functions over multiple machines.

I don't understand your complaint here. Isn't it always a risk to purchase an asset from any developer when it comes to support?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  14. Nostre

Nostre

Do you really want this?

15. Nostre

Nostre

Are you shur about that!!!!!
    Here is the basic licensing:

NeoJac offers the following licenses for Atavism. Licenses are determined by the number of concurrent users (users online at the same time) participating with the platform. Licenses can be upgraded as your game's success improves. This allows for a "pay as when you need it" and not have to worry about those royalty percentages riding on your efforts.

The Base Build License will be purchased at the Unity3D Store. Base<-----------------------------------------
    All other licenses will be purchased here. Each license is an upgrade, of which must be paid separately.

STARTER LICENSE $45 (USD)

100 Concurrent Users
    This code will be purchased at the Unity3D Store and is required for all of the other licenses. All of the server code is compiled, with exception to configuration files. This build allows for developers to quickly develop a MMO within Unity3D by using the GUI (Graphical User Interface).
    Base Build Licenses includes: Chat, Quests, Skill System, Basic Combat, Pets, Mob Spawning, Factions, and more to come.

VETERAN LICENSE + $120 (USD)

450 Concurrent Users
    The Veteran Build License allows for customization of the Atavism Information Game System (AGIS) files; however, the Core Server Files are compiled. Developers will be able to provide some uniqueness and greater flexibility to their games.
    More information for packages will be provided at a later time.

EXPERT LICENSE + $235 (USD)

1500 Concurrent Users
    The Expert Build License is of the Veteran Build, but with up to 1,000 Concurrent Users.

LEGENDARY LICENSE + $600 (USD)

Unlimited Concurrent Users

FULL SOURCE CODE Contact Us

Well is this a fake?

16. chiapet1021

chiapet1021

Nostre,

I don't appreciate you acting so hostile. I will not continue to respond to you if you are going to post in this manner.

That being said, I think I see why you are concerned, but I think you are misunderstanding. Remember that this server engine is not built within Unity. What you are purchasing for Unity (either directly from NeoJac's website or in the future, from the Unity Asset Store) is an asset for the Unity client that allows you to interact with the engine. The actual gameplay functionality is supposed to be coded in Python, and the base engine is coded in Java.

I believe that is why you would only buy the base level license through the Unity Store. Any updates to licensing for concurrent users and changes to server-side gameplay systems would all be done on the server side, so you'd have to program that outside of Unity.

Hope that clears up your concerns.

17. nixter

nixter

Re: comparing the Atavism client to MrSkeletarik's "Ultimate MMORPG Kit"

U.M.K. at least has a demo. Not an impressive one, but it's playable.

There has been no information about the Atavism client. What language it's in, what features it has, how customizable it is. Zero information.

I can certainly understand some people's skepticism and wait-and-see attitude. I hope that changes, but it's going to require NeoJac to be more communicative.

18. Nostre

Nostre

You are 4 or 5 guy or one whit different name talking about this kit, and changing what is going on about it and the way it's suppose to work, and asking money about it from a asset store who sell asset for game, not asking to make a game.

You are completely changing the word every time to play the buyer to buy on your store and give your money without protection because you program a Port or a IP address outside of Unity big deal.

the tool who cost money is Uma that come from Unity client and is free.
    the rest is asset and...

19. chiapet1021

chiapet1021

I'm definitely not disputing that we don't know enough about Atavism to make a good judgment on its efficacy yet. That's why I said "if they deliver on their proposed product" as a qualifier in my previous post. Truth be told, the engine is not nearly as far along as I thought it was, but that wasn't made apparent to me until after several probing questions about what server features were implemented. Almost no authoritative server functionality (e.g., terrain management, movement/collision management) is in just yet, but from what I was told on the Atavism forums, they are finally beginning work on such features.

BTW, going to the forums at www.atavismonline.com will give you more information on the engine than you find here. Per info on those forums, the server source code is Java (which will be unavailable without a huge licensing fee, it sounds like), with gameplay systems implemented via Python.

Again, I acknowledge that much is still unknown and unproven, but the potential is still there. MrSkeletarik's kit is fine for a smaller multiplayer game, maybe something similar to a Neverwinter Nights or NWN persistent world, but I have doubts about it being robust enough of a solution for a more full-fledged MMO situation. I did read that he was planning on including a version of the kit that uses Photon Server in the future. If that's the case, though, I'll be interested in seeing how he implements the gameplay systems like spells, since they would need to be done within Photon Server itself (C#, I believe?).

20. chiapet1021

chiapet1021

Let's be clear. I'm me. I don't represent nor am I affiliated with NeoJac in any way, and I haven't even bought the alpha access to the kit yet. If you go to the Atavism Online forums, you'll find my posts (ChiaPet) actually are pretty probing with respect to the Atavism engine's progress and capabilities. In fact, it was through my questions that it finally came to light that authoritative server features are currently pretty much non-existent at this point, but the developers have stated they are now working on those features.

And with that, I'm done talking to you, Nostre. Feel free to post again, but if you're still going to continue with that tone, don't expect a response (unless I'm feeling extra "feed the troll"-y).

21. cookimage

cookimage

Please stop trolling or ill have to report you. You have only done 10 posts in the forums and most of them are in our post. If you don't want the product no one is asking you to buy it. I am pretty sure you haven't been to our website to look through anything there or the forums. As for upping up and leaving, if you do some research on the web you will see we have been around since 2007 so I don't think we are just going to leave. Especially if we have other products that has been selling in the Unity asset store for over a year now.

22. cookimage

cookimage

thanks for your post, yes I totally agree we haven't been pushing allot of information yet as we first wanted to finalize things before we do that. That is going to be changing very fast in the weeks to come. As for a demo, when the alpha comes out end of this month we will have a demo with it which will help developers to use the package. Here is a link to our website with some additional information for those that haven't seen it yet.

Atavism Platform Architecture

23. Nostre

Nostre

Like I said I already open account on your website 3 month ago and check all you asset and software, where you company is situated, phone number everything legal.

If you think I troll than report me.
    me I will start by using this:http://www.opc.gouv.qc.ca/en/consumer/complaint-against-merchant/how-to-file/

24. chengysogood

chengysogood

after the early release gets released at the end of this month will we still be able to pledge the $70 to get access before the official launch or will that option be removed?

25. cookimage

cookimage

You will still have that option until January, which is when Beta gets released.

26. VicToMeyeZR

VicToMeyeZR

I am confused by this. Can you please clarify?
    Is it 1000 or 1500?

27. chiapet1021

chiapet1021

I'll let cookimage confirm, but I believe it is 1500. When they first released the proposed CCU limits for the license tiers, there was a lot of feedback from readers on this thread saying that the user thresholds seemed too low. As a result, NeoJac immediately increased the CCU limits. I'm guessing that "1,000" wasn't updated to 1,500 by mistake.

28. cookimage

cookimage

Lol great catch ill fix that right away, yes it is 1500. Thanks.

29. Java

Java

Whats the ETA for this?

30. VicToMeyeZR

VicToMeyeZR

Roger.. Cool. I thought that was the case, but thought I would bring it up just in case. Can't wait to see what you come up with in the next few months. :)

31. cookimage

cookimage

Closed Alpha Release is end of this month.

32. cookimage

cookimage

Sneak peek at our new Interface for the Atavism Engine. You will see on the left different categories then second column is a list of plugins you can choose from and then the inspector to the right. There will be different plugins for everything. This system also allows other assets that's on the Unity store to be integrated into the Atavism UI for ease of use. It can just be added as a plugin. So for those who will be coding their own plugins, we will have a plugin for adding it right into Atavism Interface as well to make things easy.

$screen1.png

33. 3D Omelette Studio

3D Omelette Studio

nice,

do the $70 Atavism plan plagers already have access to some sort of the engine already? or everyone will have it until the end of this month when the closed alpha starts?

also do you guys have any info on the actual features will the closed alpha have? ie: server side collisions, voxel terrain, seamless world, level up system, inventory, skill system etc......
    will be nice to have a list of the actual working features the engine will have for closed alpha release.

or will only be a simple connection client server?

please talk to us more explicitly, share your thoughts more broadly. we are hungry for info about this kit :)

thanks

34. chiapet1021

chiapet1021

Wow, that interface looks very slick! Is that screenshot for the editor extension within Unity or is it a separate interface outside of Unity for the Atavism engine management?

35. cookimage

cookimage

Closed Alpha starts end of the months for those who has pledged, no access yet to anything as we finalize stuff. We will be announcing what features will be available next week Wednesday for the Alpha release. There will definitely be more features than just a simple connection client side.

That is the editor extension within Unity. We want to make it as user friendly for non coders as possible, it will also allow coders to add their own plugins very easily to this interface and even sell their plugins to other users.

36. chiapet1021

chiapet1021

Very cool! It's definitely more intuitive and streamlined than the previous demo video that sooms narrated. :) Good to see more information on progress and features. Please keep up that trend. :)

37. cookimage

cookimage

Yes thanks, lol always when we are the most quiet we are the hardest at work hehe

38. VicToMeyeZR

VicToMeyeZR

Wow. Just from that pic it appears you have put in a TON of thought into the structure. I am very excited to see it perform. :)

39. jonkuze

jonkuze

well you guys sold me on this MMO Kit with this interface! really nice job! I had some spare cash in my PayPal so I just pledged for Neo'sLand and Look forward to the Early Access of your MMO Kit, looks like alot of Fun to Play with and potentially make a good game with it. Thanks guys for creating something like this. I'm sure with all the MMORPG topics and interest on Unity Forums this Kit is going to sell out like crazy upon release! Make sure to have a good support team on stand by lol!

40. cookimage

cookimage

Thanks, yes hopefully we will be ready with support. We have 3 programers in the team at the moment working, luckily i am not a programer lol as there is so much work to get done for them hehe

41. mmarsyada

mmarsyada

Really looking forward to this Kit, so much so that I just pledged on your site! Best of luck your venture, and looking forward to release!

Mike Marsyada

42. cookimage

cookimage

Thank you, yes it certainly will make it easier to develop a MMO game

43. 3D Omelette Studio

3D Omelette Studio

i got some spare $70 ready that are burning my hand, dont know where to put them, and not sure if they can hold still in my hand

so do not know if i can wait that long until the end of the month. :)
    hopefully wont be any more delays, cuz this release was programmed for Oct after the kickstarter, then moved for Nov, so now until the end of the month to not say it willl be Dec.

so i hope the money will still hold that long. lol

44. cookimage

cookimage

Lol we are also very excited to get this out as fast as possible! I hope we get it out in time for you as well as its going to be one of those tools you can live without.

45. cookimage

cookimage

For those interested in the $340 pledge Package on our Neo's Land website which gives you Alpha access to the closed alpha which starts end of this month. Here is a starting list of items which will also be included into the package, do note all these assets wont be available by end of this month but from now till January they will be made available as we add them to the asset store. They are assets we are developing for the MMO game Neo's Land.

Currently we have the following assets scheduled to be added to the package:
    - We have 4 races that will be using the UMA Character system with new textures and mesh detail
    - We have over 30 different clothing sets for characters
    - There will be over 60 different armor sets
    - 200 plus high quality icons to be used for items/GUI and so forth
    - 50 plus in game modular housing parts
    - 15 different mobs creatures plus animations
    - 20 different weapons
    More to be added as well, at the end the package will be worth well over $3000.

If you have an idea for a mob you want to add to this package which would work with our RPG Fantasy Neo's Land MMO game as well, join us Fridays on Twitch channel where Rbeek our Lead concept artist does concept art live using ideas from the community that's there.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  46. chengysogood

chengysogood

Only about a week left in this month.. are you guys still on track to release the alpha access? Have you guys posted the feature list and details for the alpha release yet? I feel like a lot of people are following this closely, need more updates!!

47. cookimage

cookimage

Yip we are still on track, looking at release on Friday 29. Confirmed items in the alpha release will be so far:

- Character creation plugin
    - Login system
    - Instance creation plugin
    - Mouse control system similar to most MMO games like Wow
    - Quest Creation Plugin
    - Skill Creation Plugin
    - Abilities Plugin
    - In game chat system
    - Database management Plugin
    - Tab Targeting Plugin (combat similar to WoW)

48. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Hello Iam confused. I read the thread. Read a lot about Kickstarter, Pre-Alpha 45 USD vs 70USD...

Can someone please dump it down for me?

What do I need to do / pay and where to get your MMO Software?

Thanks

49. cookimage

cookimage

Hi there, if you want to get into the closed alpha version of Atavism you can pledge on our MMO game site called Neo's Land. There is two pledge types that's on the left hand side of home page.

-$70 Atavism Pledge gives you access to closed alpha on 29 November 2013 with Starter License Pack and access to the MMO game we are making when the game is released.
    -$340 Developers Pledge gives you access to closed alpha on 29 November 2013 with veteran License Pack as well as all assets we develop for the MMO game worth over $3000

MMO Website: www.neosland.com

If you would rather wait you can get the normal Licenses which is the $45 ones and up on our Atavism Website in January which will give you access to closed beta end of January.

50. 3D Omelette Studio

3D Omelette Studio

great news, i am glad you guys still on track for Nov 29th.

pretty much nailed it on the alpha startup features, mostly basic mmo features, altho missing a couple of important /must have:
    player groups, friends, guilds, achievements, and player factions and races, but I assume those will probably come later on?

Now, i am curious about the server side collisions, i have read the atavism forums, and i think i seen some info that this was also going to be implemented by alpha release? is this true? or is this something you guys have not worked on? or wont work on at all?

thanks again for the updates, looking forward for Now 29

regards.