Search Unity

Mixamo Access is now FREE for a limited time!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by elmar1028, Oct 6, 2015.

1. elmar1028

elmar1028

ZenMicro, Shushustorm, kittik and 5 others like this.
  2. Trexug

Trexug

This is great. Thanks for the heads up :)

3. elmar1028

elmar1028

I will just download everything I see and use it later.
    I will do hundreds of various characters and save them all on my hard drive and will use them when needed :p

Ryiah likes this.
  4. N1warhead

N1warhead

Ba hahaha :p

5. Teo

Teo

Interesting.. enjoy while is free.. I guess Adobe Fuse CC will not be so cheap :)

6. goat

goat

Thanks.

7. RichardKain

RichardKain

Yeah, I'm adding a whole bunch of animations to my "library." I would also strongly advise everyone who's interested to grab a copy of Fuse, and cook up a small library of characters to use. I created one character, and seeing him with all of these animations applied to him is insane. Having that particular feature free for a limited time is a huge boon. You could construct a "cast" of characters, and have everything you need for a fairly capable animated film.

8. darkhog

darkhog

Eh, I've always preferred MakeHuman, then finetuning & animating it in Blender (it exports armature/skeleton automatically), but I'm the weird one.

ChrisSch likes this.
  9. Mixamo_Jeanette

Mixamo_Jeanette

Hey guys! Jeanette from Mixamo/Adobe here. I want to say that while these decisions haven't been fully fleshed out yet we have never intended to take away free Fuse rigs. I wouldn't worry about making hundreds of characters now. If you get Fuse 1.3 now you will retain free auto-rigging for them. Auto-rigging is just a necessary part for Fuse, in our eyes, so we probably will not limit it or turn it off in any way again. That said - disclaimer that I don't make those decisions so it could happen, but very very unlikely.

ImpossibleRobert and Acissathar like this.
  10. elmar1028

elmar1028

So if I have auto-fuse installed even after offer finishes, I can still auto-rig and create characters?

11. nipoco

nipoco

Adobe bought Mixamo?

Seems I was living under a rock...

Shushustorm and Tomnnn like this.
  12. Nubz

Nubz

Am i the only one that notices there is a bunch of models suddenly not there though?

Tomnnn likes this.
  13. Kondor0

Kondor0

You are not the only one, everything FREE except for a lot of content we removed.

That said, is still a pretty good offer.

14. Tomnnn

Tomnnn

Yea, who saw this coming? I guess photoshop and the like have templates for some things, but mixamo!? Isn't that just a large selection of presets?

That's priceless. I don't plan on using this software ever, but I'm glad I can still enjoy it.

15. kittik

kittik

Is there some "Download all" button I am missing on the downloads page? After selecting all, I am having to download animation after animation. There must be an easier way.

16. Nubz

Nubz

2 they gave me free just a week ago are even gone lol.

17. Tomnnn

Tomnnn

Maybe they're watching you and they know you have them already. They're concerned for your HD.

Shushustorm likes this.
  18. goat

goat

Their models if you don't like that style really are not attractive. I am busy getting the free animations, well most of them. Even then most of the genres are not complete enough to made an realistic action game based off of them but if they ever expand to complete the action genres there already it will save a bit of money. How many different animations do we need of a gun being shot anyway?

19. goat

goat

You ever try creating one of those animations? Or someone that is being shot at in those animations? Or in real life? You are doing it the easy way, just don't let your clicking finger become muscle bound or too smart.

Spoken_OS and elmar1028 like this.
  20. LaneFox

LaneFox

Choose the packs. Queue them for download. Download all of the whole packs.

Takes like 5 minutes.

elmar1028 likes this.
  21. goat

goat

And you can create you own themed packs.

22. Kondor0

Kondor0

By the way, we could use more people creating content for Fuse. The clothes selection is pretty limited right now.

angrypenguin and TonyLi like this.
  23. TonyLi

TonyLi

Hopefully this will happen after the dust settles with Adobe. I think a lot of artists are sitting on the sidelines until they know what's going on, and also whether they can charge for content or not. I'm very willing to pay for good additional Fuse content.

angrypenguin likes this.
  24. goat

goat

It looks like Adobe is trying to expand into Poser and DAZ's market.

Tomnnn likes this.
  25. tiggus

tiggus

Fuse seems pretty awesome to me, been playing with it a lot lately. Also if you haven't seen this workflow article check it out, curious if others are doing something similar for custom clothing with fuse:

http://www.hallowsdeep.com/clothing-workflow/

26. Hormic

Hormic

The animations are attached to a certain char, so is it also possible to use this animations with different chars which are different in size and gender?
    And how long do you think will this offer lasts? I have absolutely no time the upcoming week, and will be very disappointed if i will miss this opportunity therefore.

27. elmar1028

elmar1028

I was able to retarget animations on different mixamo characters. But I am not sure if it will work on non-mixamo models.

28. Hormic

Hormic

-thanks, how did you do that? I use only mixamo (fuse) chars.

and another noob question:
    is it possible to make small adjustements to the animation directly in unity?
    for example to avoid that the hand is going into the clothes on some frames or similar.

29. elmar1028

elmar1028

See Animation Retargeting
    Nope. You need a 3D modelling software in order to modify animations

Hormic likes this.
  30. 00christian00

00christian00

Yes, you can do it in Unity when you define the mecanim avatar. You can set the maximum range of motion of the limbs.

Hormic and elmar1028 like this.
  31. elmar1028

elmar1028

Really? Where can I find such setting?

32. 00christian00

00christian00

http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/MuscleDefinitions.html
    Muscle definition of mecanim. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to do retargeting and mecanim would be pointless.
    There is the settings at the bottom and there is other settings under "per muscle settings" if you expand each section(click the triangle).

It's a pain to setup as there is no preview so it's: set, try on playback and retry endlessly until you find the right one.

elmar1028 and Hormic like this.
  33. Hormic

Hormic

goat likes this.
  34. Shushustorm

Shushustorm

ZenMicro likes this.