Search Unity

military base enviroment

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by mben, Jan 26, 2015.

1. mben

mben

hi, here share some screens of the enviroment i am working at moment, just finish the first stage of texturing the terrain, please feel free to comment any feedback is appreciate, the final goal is make a military base in the middle of some desert area.

in this moment i am fight to reduce the drawcalls number for the terrain, rocks and vegetation,
    the final proyect will avaliable for free soon

thanks by your comment in advance.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  2. Abdul hakim

Abdul hakim

nice, but i only see the terrain and mountain some proops will make it more beutiful

3. mben

mben

Thanks @Abdul hakim by your feedback, yes the project is on early stage of development, in this time i am creting the rocks and textures from the terrain, that rocks need more work, look very weird, the final goal is have a full military base to fullfit any game style, fps, or stealth game.
    Thanks, more updates incoming soon.

Abdul hakim likes this.
  4. asad_asm

asad_asm

CPU optimisation can be achieved by reducing Draw Calls count by Draw Call Batching. But Draw Call batching only possible with objects sharing same material.

Material Converter helps you to prepare a shared material from two or more identical materials which differ only in textures and colours. It combines different textures into a texture atlas that can be used by shared material.It auto remaps mesh's uv into texture atlas.

Material converter is available in the assetstore http://u3d.as/3fn
    Also visit http://support.spinoffstudio.com/Material_Converter.html

5. mben

mben

some new cactus and rocks

6. zoxmax1

zoxmax1

it is looking better, but need more job for terrain

7. Sykoo

Sykoo

Looks pretty coll atm!

8. mben

mben

some little updates

any feedback is welcome thanks!

9. wbakunis

wbakunis

Looks quite interesting. When do you plan on adding the actual bunkers / buildings?

10. mben

mben

hi! @Sykoo @wbakunis thanks by your feedback here are some pics in advance.

the development take time because i want the all enviroment dont take more than 50 60 draw calls, so far almost all is on atlas.

anyone please feel free to comment, thanks!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  11. wbakunis

wbakunis

Wow, you made some great progress. Are you making all these models yourself?

12. mben

mben

hi! @wbakunis, yes this buildings are just for test look and sizes, the final buildings with have more detail.
    right now the stage of development is find and match texture style. of all enviroment.

13. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

This looks very good! When it's finished you should try and add a nice lighting environment and put it up to the asset store. Have a feeling this would sell very well!

14. mben

mben

Hi @Whiteleaf acctually i will post this for free on my site soon, because i will post the files to share to everybody trought all the making procces so stay tune, i link to download will came soon next week.

Thanks everybody and leave feedback please.

15. mben

mben

two new buildings and a new texture on the building type hangar

please anybody feel free to comment, and stay tune the next week i share this for free, best regards!