Search Unity

Metro plugin dependencies

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Appboy, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Appboy

Appboy

Hi

I'm trying to build a Metro plugin and it's working, but it requires adding all of my plugin dlls dependencies in the Metro plugin folder, which then adds them to the resulting project. Is there a way to make those dependencies able to be provided after the fact, once the project is built? (i.e. so the user can use nuget to manage them)

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Hi,

I don't think that's possible. Unity needs to compile your scripts, and to do that, it has to resolve the dependencies.

3. Appboy

Appboy

Hmmm - is there any way they could use the dependencies but then not place them in the resulting windows store/phone project?

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Well, you can always delete them, if you are sure that you put them back when the Visual Studio solution is built. However, that sounds like a tricky thing to do, and I'm not sure whether it's worth the effort - you'd still have to distribute the DLLs in the Unity project, and if you manage the ones in Visual Studio project with NuGet, they may easily go out of sync and produce hard to solve problems.