Search Unity

Meteor Crush - My first fully featured, finished game.

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Master-Frog, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Master-Frog

Master-Frog

ScreenShot01.jpeg ScreenShot03.jpeg

TRY THE GAME!

I just finished my first complete game, Meteor Crush. It was a bumpy road going from "done" to "finished", in terms of getting feedback and fixing little bugs that hid until the last minute. No, it's not the greatest game ever made but it's far from the worst.

If anybody wants to check it out, I have it up on Kongregate.

Thanks for taking a peek, hopefully the next time I post a game it'll be something awesome.

2. raiden

raiden

I played your game, and I have to say I really liked it. I'm kinda a retro fan anyway, so this was right up my ally. :)

A few little critiques, the score rollup could be faster, I noticed it was continuing to roll for some time even after I completed a wave, also it could be intentional, but the volcano level, the background looked pink, maybe missing a texture in the material? Last thing, the bosses seemed a little easy, especially if I had weapon upgrades. Maybe throw in some random speeds? faster weapons?

Anywho, great job :), I had fun playing your game.

-Raiden

Master-Frog likes this.
  3. Master-Frog

Master-Frog

Thanks, I've realized that shooting games are not easy to balance. I see why in the old days they had one hit deaths and why bullet hell has eclipsed the genre. It's this weird dynamic where if the normal weapon is strong enough, a special weapon is too strong... and inversely, if the special weapon is perfect, the standard weapon is underpowered. If they're the same, why put in special weapons? And so on.

Basically, the focus should be on dodging not shooting. I made a shooting game without dodging... If that makes sense. The bosses are just bags of HP, the only way they can be harder is more HP and dropping more stuff on you... which if they throw more than you can shoot, it breaks.

You can only move in 1 dimension, so the gameplay is 1.5D in a way. I dunno, I'm glad that people have said nice things about it because I can see all the flaws.

But I appreciate the kind words and the suggestions!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  4. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

Cool start! A little bit faster would be awesome (for me, or maybe a item which can be activated, such as the turbo button on old machines) I would love to see a mobile version of the game though! :cool:

I wonder if it would be worth using the new Network features in 5.1 and make a multiplayer out of the game. Could be really fun to compete against each other :)

Master-Frog likes this.