Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Metamorphic – an innovative 3D first person puzzler for iOS!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by macdude2, Feb 22, 2015.

1. macdude2

macdude2

Introducing Metamorphic!

After nearly three years of (very sporadic) development, I am excited to finally announce my second game: Metamorphic! As this is really the first time I've published information about this game whatsoever, I would really appreciate any feedback either about the game or the trailer itself (I'm relatively new to creation process of both). Check out the trailer below, hope you enjoy it!

Edit: Realized I really wanted answers to a few questions:
    1. Would you buy it for $3-4? If not, why not? Perhaps a different price?
    2. Can you understand the mechanic through the video? Does the game generally seem entertaining?
    3. Any recommendations on how to make the trailer more appealing? I personally feel like the resolution isn't what I'd like – unfortunately this is do to my old computer – but is there anything else you would recommend?

I would really appreciate any advice, I'm really trying to make the game the best it can be, if theres something glaringly obvious that's wrong, please let me know! Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  2. Sykoo

Sykoo

Why is the trailer Private?

3. macdude2

macdude2

My bad, first time publishing a video…

4. Moeen

Moeen

Woah, that looks great. Slightly reminiscent of portal :)

5. Sykoo

Sykoo

Haha I know that feeling ^^
    It's fine now though. It looks great, keep it up!

6. macdude2

macdude2

Thanks for the thoughts, would either of you mind answering the few questions I've posted? Much appreciated!

7. carking1996

carking1996

1) I'd pay $10
    2) Yes, it's neat
    3) I think it's very nice already

8. Moeen

Moeen

haha, I'm really quite stingy when it comes to buying games however $3-4 really isn't Bad.
    IMHO your trailer doesn't really suggest a story and I found myself slightly lost. Additionally the music could be Improved. Perhaps, and this is just a suggestion, maybe have one trailer which makes use of effects and cutscenes etc. and doesn't give away much about the game but draws interest, and another trailer which is majority gameplay. I hope I helped and wasn't too cryptic or critical :D

9. TheRaider

TheRaider

1)depends on platform
    2)I think i got it, but it didn't seem that interesting
    3)trailer looks okay and graphics look good, but the game doesn't look fun. I agree it has a portal feel about it. I think it could do with a clearer explanation via a voice over.

10. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

TheRaider pretty much covered it.
    A couple other small comments. the first part of the trailer with the final fantasy looking character really didn't tie into the rest of the portal like trailer. So that was a little confusing.
    The wheels on the blue - buggy chair thing were pretty low resolution. If this was intentional, sorry for mentioning it, but I just thought I'd list it since I noticed it.
    I really dig the UI. Though I've never been one who comments on UI simply because I've only been able to critique UI after several hours of playing a game - at which time more efficient UI / control schemes become apparent.

11. macdude2

macdude2

Ok, thanks for the comments! I do realize that it would probably be better to have a story oriented trailer as well as a gameplay oriented one, I can definitely see how it's confusing at the moment. The UI has been tricky, not sure it's even in its final form layout wise. As far as the car, the low resolution is only necessary because of the way I'm doing the cube to car morph, but I do agree it's aestetically displeasing. Now that I think about though, I don't think it would be too difficult to polish up, I'll see what I can do. I've been bogged down recently as far as work goes, unfortunately, but I'm hoping to get back too it soon. I'll definitely update here though.