Metal Impact - MMO Game Development Invite

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by Heartbrake, Feb 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snortop

snortop

yes i used a rigidbody at that time. but i had the movement forward on it transform.forward.
    I though a rigidbody would be best, so have collision and all that.

Now i have removed the rigidbody and use Vector3.forward. and transform.Translate for forward movement.
    It now moving in a straight line as i wanted it.
    And colision works aswell. But it dosent seem to impact the boxes as i have a Eplosionforce on the impact.
    upload
    http://vrb.goodluckwith.us/project/car/WebPlayer.html
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  2. Chris Aoki

Chris Aoki

You need to use an onTriggerEnter event when the bullets hit the boxes, then apply the force to the box in the direction the bullets came from.
  3. Heartbrake

Heartbrake

Your not busy by any chance are you?.. I mean, you can join the project!
    =3
  4. snortop

snortop

Im using this in a OnTriggerEvent already whit the Addexpolsion code
  5. Chris Aoki

Chris Aoki

I don't do unityscript, (C# only) however looking at that it doesn't look correct, what is that script attached to?

Working on my on personal project, however it might slow down later this month while I'm waiting for art assets.
  6. Heartbrake

Heartbrake

Let me ask, what is the best coding for a game (or in this case and MMO)?
  7. Chris Aoki

Chris Aoki

Whatever you are comfortable with, I use C# in unity since I've done C, C++ and Java coding in the past so it was more familiar to me, also C# can be used outside of unity to do other things, (like make your own engine).
  8. Chris Aoki

Chris Aoki

double post oops.
  9. Heartbrake

Heartbrake

Oh, alrighty.
    ^^
  10. Heartbrake

Heartbrake

Here's something I really haven't shared with anyone on here. These are 2 simple drawing of a new "Boss" car for the game. Every map has its own boss car, when this Boss car is destroyed, it appears after 24 hours again on the map. Boss cars are 10 levels stronger then the mobs on the map and their resistance are off the scale. But if you manage to best it using cover and other forms of maneuverable tricks, they can release extremely good items for you to use or maybe sale when destroyed! One image is a simple concept which I will be turning into a 3D model, and the other is a mock-up battle verses 2 additional cars:

[​IMG]
    Description
    Infernoses (In-fer-no-ses) is a retro styled custom built firetruck who will appear in the game as a Boss car of a metropolis city that might more likely be in control of the Police in the game. It's special weapon is a massive flamethrower that is built right into its very latter! It will fry you to a crisp if you get too close, but at a distance, it will launch highly incinerating fireballs that not only will damage your car, but set them ablaze when hit!

[​IMG]
    Description
    An F1 car and a hotrod dragster are just 2 of the many unlucky drivers to find Infernoses!
    D=
  11. rik338

rik338

Looks creative, i like.
  12. Traverity

Traverity

The vehicle does not look like a boss in comparison to the other vehicles. Either scale the vehicle or make it look more menacing.
  13. Heartbrake

Heartbrake

Well yeah, but then that wound be fully cloning Twisted Metal, lol! Twisted Metal is well known for creating over-sized boss cars. What we want are realistic cars to go with the realistic map/world of the map look they are in. As in, in real life your not going to see a car driving down the road that is the size 6 houses, even if it was a tank.

(Trust me, I wanted to make this car massive because I love the retro look so much!)
  14. Traverity

Traverity

You could give it a lift-kit, you could give it additional armor, you could give it a series of flamethrowers that mindlessly shoot streams of fire into the sky as it went. The size of the vehicle is not the only thing you can change in order to make it appear more boss-like.
  15. Heartbrake

Heartbrake

D=
    I love the way your Nekokitty mind thinks!
    I will make a note of that and tell my concept artist about adding those stuff! I see where you are going, like making the car look somewhat scary at the sometime.
    =3
  16. yellowbronco

yellowbronco

wow, cant wait to play it
  17. Traverity

Traverity

For the record, I'm not a nekokitty. Neko=猫=cat So saying nekokitty means you're saying catkitty. Which doesn't make much sense haha.
  18. Heartbrake

Heartbrake

o_O
    I was hoping you would let me know the definition to that, my sister draws a lot and she draws these kinds of anime characters in your avatar too. She's a professional digital artist though. But that is why I know your avatar is a neko-whatever, lol! So I'm calling you CatCat when I say NekoKitty? I will name a car or boss after you.
    Hehe
  19. kamisama

kamisama

Your amazing heartbrake :eek:
  20. Heartbrake

Heartbrake

Naming a car or Boss after you too.
    Heh
  21. kmgilbert100

kmgilbert100

Wants a car or boss named after him
  22. Heartbrake

Heartbrake

His name sounds suitable for a superbike.

But what did you mean by your post?
  23. fleshtheworld

fleshtheworld

I thought that was confusing too. Maybe he meant to say he wants a boss named after himself too :)

I like the concept. You guys are moving along nicely. Don't worry about the coding either. Its usually a trail and error until you find a perfect way to implement the features.

You can off course go the cheap way and find premade scripts and build from that too. Theres nothing wrong with that as everyone uses inspiration and knowledge from previous other knowledge. But coding from scratch is a rewarding thing :)
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  24. Heartbrake

Heartbrake

Yes, the programer does things as he likes to make it. We give freedom to the people that are nice enough to help up until the demo stage of the game. So people can create their own ideas and their own custom things and just place them out there.

I still need more programers though, lol!
  25. Origin

Origin

Just have to post one last time.

This is clear evidence that Heartbrake is full of it.

Pixelizer's deviant art account showing Dark Tooth concept:
    http://pixellizer.deviantart.com/#/d4n2y8a

Also apparently her sisters account showing the same exact concept:
    http://clutchtrigger.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4ozcg1

And here is Donald Yatomi's personal website showing the exact same concept, pixel for pixel. Open it in Photoshop if you do not believe me. Also notice the other Twisted Metal concept art.
    http://www.yatomiconceptart.com/portfolio/vehicles-mechs/

And now, the credits for the latest 2012 version of Twisted Metal:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKx17qYxMl8

If you go to about 50 seconds in you will see under "Production Artists" none other than one Donald Yatomi.

Either this Donald Yatomi is a master con artist, or Heartbrake is full of it.

I am really sorry for dragging this on, but I just had to post this I couldn't help myself.....
  26. Heartbrake

Heartbrake

We worked with Donald for that image he created. He used my 3D model as a reference to make his image, Saleea and Climax, did their part. Why aren't we in the credits?.. Because I modified the model and created a lower poly count of it for my own personal use (the 1st car image on my 1st post on this thread). And I don't even know why I am replying to you again if you aren't going to believe a thing I say, lol!

Now before you actually get banned for going on with the same bullshit.... Please do give it a rest. None of you have anything on me but nonsense. You have come on here with the same 2 things and didn't stop until I replied to you. THIS IS THE MAIN REASON LEGIT PEOPLE CAN NOT JUST IGNORE IDIOTS LIKE YOU.

P.S.
    Trolls never stop man, you will do it again, we all know it.

And one last thing... All that crap is in the link posted on my thread by others, why are you even pointing it out?... Whoever cares will read it themselves and believe whatever they want.
  27. Origin

Origin

28. Heartbrake

Heartbrake

When did I say I didn't? I told you it was an alt account, not that if I knew him, didn't know him, or asking you who he was.

And you see how you still going at it? This is my last reply to you.

No one has anything on me, those weapons you all claim are stolen from video games, I would love to see that especially this one that was said to be from CHROME:
    http://3dexport.com/3dmodel-matson-cafs-25483.htm

If you play the video game (I own it still) and look at the model in the game and mine, you would see that mine is my OWN version of the gun.

You may... SHUT UP NOW BEFORE YOU GET A BAN.

Your level is here now;
  29. Origin

Origin

Haha, sorry but you are not going to lie your way out of this one.

Why would you refer to somebody you worked with as "an alt account?" What is that supposed to mean? And Why didn't you just tell me in that thread, that he is somebody you worked with, rather then telling me he is some "alt account?"

Oh and one big thing. Why was Donald Yatomi not credited for his work on the piece in your description at Deviantart?
  30. kamisama

kamisama

Is this true? :(
  31. rik338

rik338

Since when are you a admin! Bite me :)
  32. Schlumpfsack

Schlumpfsack

nahh...the internet doesn't like her, so many many people made wierd stuff on different sites to make her look like a fool. Even those that really work for AAA companies.
  33. DiligentDesigns

DiligentDesigns

The evidence is very convincing.
  34. Leroy Binks

Leroy Binks

Haters be hating yo.

I hate that this thread has gone so awry. I am trying to weed out the actual information on your project. I love the fire truck, the low rider, and the plymouth fury. I would say that some of your other cars are, well "stock", when it comes to vehicle selection. Have you given thought to really stretching the unique car concepts? The new Twisted has an old school ambulance, (cool), and a helicopter (over the top). Realizing that you have to ride the line between unique and obscure, I would like to suggest a couple of models that I would drive:
    • Station Wagon
    • Rally Car
    • Dune Buggy
    • Rat Rod (I love this style)
    • Parade Float
  35. Toxic Games

Toxic Games

Posted by: Little Angel Administrator
  36. Traverity

Traverity

I understand and respect that you dug up Heartbrake's past for the community so that users could make a well-educated decision on whether or not to join this project. That conversation was started, and it was ended.

However, it's unacceptable for you to reopen old wounds and start this crap all over again. You have demonstrated brat-like thought processes as well as a lack of maturity. You have lost all credibility as a serious developer in my mind by what you've done here. A simple "Postin' this shiz but I'm sowy" doesn't justify your behavior. This thread was treading a good path until you came along and brought it into darkness once more.
  37. Legacy

Legacy

Good luck, looks like an interesting idea but you are definately going to have some problems if your trying to make this game free roam open world as realistic car physics takes up some resources and trying to update this for thousands of players might make things impossible. Also i do not agree with your statement that this is probably the only mmo project that might get finished... http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/10...ertainment-is-recruiting-for-Guild-of-Legends :)
  38. Origin

Origin

Right.... I am the asshole. Not the person exposed as a fraud, but the person who exposes the fraud. Makes perfect sense to me.....
  39. justinlloyd

justinlloyd

You are not just exposing a fraud, but also arguing with another fraud about it. Of course they are going to get bent out of shape about the exposure.
  40. Traverity

Traverity

The "fraud" has already been "exposed", in this very thread no less. There is minimal point in "exposing" it again.
  41. darkben

darkben

I honestly wish you'd stop defending him/her since you weren't here the last time he/she tried this on and got him/herself banned. My2Cents.
  42. Traverity

Traverity

So because I'm against the idea of bringing back a dead topic, I'm on Heartbrake's side? I'm a Polycount user, I've seen this whole thing go down. Just because I call sameone out for attempting to sabatoge a thread with information that's already been presented does not mean I'm defending anyone, other than the thread itself.
  43. darkben

darkben

I didn't imply that. But by defending a recruitment thread by a fraudster is as good as defending the fraudster. Call it guilt by association, or whatever.
  44. Traverity

Traverity

Despite the poster's history, this thread was heading on the right track.

I won't stand for someone disrupting that with duplicate information.
  45. Origin

Origin

What ever you say "an alt account." I am just calling you "an alt account" so I can go ahead and steal your art. And then when somebody busts me, I can link to this thread showing that I worked with you in the past, as is evidenced by me referring to you as "an alt account." Which is obviously synonymous for "an old work buddy."

I am so terribly sorry I "sabotaged" a frauds thread and made potential victims aware of what this fraudster is doing. I should have just let her continue to con people into doing free work I suppose....
  46. Schlumpfsack

Schlumpfsack

i wish i could rep.
  47. Traverity

Traverity

And you continue to post duplicate information (albeit in different ways). You're unbelievable.

You already presented the information. You "prevented" the scam, and you weren't called out on that by me. What you were called out on was re-posting the information after the discussion had already ended. You intentionally sabotaged a thread by bringing a dead topic back to life.
  48. yellowbronco

yellowbronco

great ideas, glad someone is actually trying to move this post forward, thank u
  49. andorov

andorov

I think it would be near impossible to find someone capable of putting an MMO together that's still gullible or stupid enough to believe in OP's fantasies.

At the very least, post more pics of big-breasted wiminz.
  50. justinlloyd

justinlloyd

"My God! It's full of sock puppets!" -- Dave Bowman
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.