Search Unity

Merry Fragmas and Unity 5

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by ISofK, Jul 22, 2015.

1. ISofK

ISofK

Hi,
    So I've exhausted my options, searched the forums, and now have to post this here. I was following @mikegeig 's Merry Fragmas utilizing Unity 5.0.2f1 and PUN 1.58. All went well until the part where Mike started RPC'ing in part 2 @01:18:00. Now I'm able to join the room, move around, see other players and all, but for the life of me, shoot eachother as we may, nothing happens. The players don't take damage no matter what.
    Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but Unity 5 upgraded the script -just the part where RPC becomes PunRPC.

I noticed that the tuts weren't working for many people for different reasons once they've upgraded to Unity 5, so I think a "part 4" of the series pointing out the differences would be a very welcome addition. God knows Mike could add a bunch more stuff that was apparently left out because of time constraints.

Your prompt response is highly appreciated.

2. Mike-Geig

Mike-Geig

Unity Technologies

Not sure if Unity 5 changes are why this isn't working. I would have to look into it when I had the time.

3. ISofK

ISofK

Thanks for answering me Mike.
    Any timeframe in mind? Or can you at least point me towards another networking -PUN or otherwise- resource like Merry Fragmas?