Search Unity

[Released] Mega-Fiers. A mesh deformation system - RELEASE

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by SpookyCat, May 18, 2011.

1. sgtkoolaid

sgtkoolaid

that worked. no errors after installed.

2. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Just submitted a small update to the Asset store. This brings an improvement to the PC2 file importer and a fix to the Wrap system if you were wrapping to a skinned mesh with no bones the Wrap would not work but now it does. I have also updated the MegaShapes version to the latest with support for OSM file import, lightmap support for MegaShape meshes and a few bug fixes.

Change since v2.96
    • You can now build lightmap data for MegaShape standard meshes.
    • Changed OSM importer to use ulong for ids instead of int so can now handle complex OSM files.
    • Fixed Shape labels being displayed if behind the camera.
    • Added a beta OSM data importer. Click the Assets/Import OSM option.
    • Fixed exception if trying to build a mesh with a shape with no splines.
    • Fixed exception if trying to interpolate along a shape with no splines.
    • Fixed exception if trying to interpolate a spline with no knots.
    • Added a check to the Wrap system for skinned meshes with no bones being used as targets, system will now work in such cases.
    • Changed the PC2 file importer to allow for files that do not contain all the samples indicated by the header.

3. Tom_Timothy

Tom_Timothy

Still cant not work in multiplayer game as I get following email from you.

Been looking at the code, the DeepCopy method is actually meant to only copy a single object, if you need to copy a complete hierarchy then you should be using the MegaCopyObject.DoCopyObjectsChildren() method which will do a full copy including wrap components on an object and all its children.

I can not use megacopyobject as it makes a prefab so every player will look like each other as it will set all morph settings to the same please advise. Would not be pressing this issue but before I purchased I emailed back fourth to make sure this would work was told multiple times it would. As you advertise this as a working system for avatars in games I think its important that it does indeed work. Or there needs to be a notice this only will work with a single player game.

4. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Another quick update submitted that sees improvements to the copy object and prefab system. The new code is in beta so if you have any issues please submit a support ticket.

Changes in v2.99
    • Changed the Copy Object system to work better with Wrapped objects. Use "GameObject/Mega Duplicate Object"
    • Improved the Create Mega Prefab system. Use "GameObject/Create Mega Prefab"
    • Added MegaCopyObject.DuplicateObject() method to allow you to copy Mega objects from script.

5. Tom_Timothy

Tom_Timothy

FYI a person named
    Johny123 is sending the following message
    My name is Johny and,I am a beginner trying to build a simple mobile game in Unity.
    I truly need MegaFiers 2.99 and 3ds max 2012-2013 32bit Megafiers exporter so I would like to ask you
    to share them with me if possible.I would be most grateful for your help!
    I am struggling in trying to build a simple game and those assets are deeply needed!
    I apologize if I am asking for too much.

6. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

@Tom_Timothy - Could you maybe report that to Unity so they can take a look.

7. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Just submitted a small update to the Assetstore which addresses the newly obsolete methods etc in Unity 5.1 and the upcoming 5.2

8. Dan_lala

Dan_lala

Tried to contact the support with my unity invoice# after buying mega fiers because I wanted to use the morph exporter plugin for blender.... that was one week ago. Since then I tried to contact the support three times via support ticket and normal email just in case, but no sign of life :( I am waiting to continue working on my project and the next step would be including my blend shapes and I do not want to import 50+ morphs via the .obj way, change something and then do it again...

9. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

@Dan_lala - You sent your support ticket on July 13th at 18:42 and I replied to that ticket 47 minutes later sending the exporter you requested. I can only assume the email has gone into your spam folder or something.

10. Dan_lala

Dan_lala

That is weird... I already checked my spam folder and found nothing. Going to send you my other email address via pm....

11. Dan_lala

Dan_lala

Great, everything is solved now :)

12. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

@SpookyCat - I sent you a couple of emails regarding getting the morph plugins for Max and Maya. Did you get those emails? Thanks.

13. imDanOush

imDanOush

Great asset, Is this possible to import RealFlow animations from 3DS Max to Unity3D with this asset?.

14. gianluca-menini

gianluca-menini

I would need a help:
    I have the necessity to add to Runtime the components of MegaFier doing itself that the user can dynamically change the values.
    The contained example in the packet MegaGUI.c departs from the presupposition to already have in the scene inserted the objects.
    Inserting the lines

void Start()
    {
    if ( source != null )
    {
    source.AddComponent<MegaModifyObject>();
    source.AddComponent<MegaTaper>();

context = (MegaModifiers)source.GetComponent<MegaModifyObject>();

if ( context != null )
    {
    mods = source.GetComponents<MegaModifier>();
    showmod = new bool[mods.Length];
    }

gcontext = (MegaModifiers)ground.GetComponent<MegaModifyObject>();

if ( gcontext != null )
    {
    gmods = ground.GetComponents<MegaModifier>();
    showgmod = new bool[gmods.Length];
    }
    }

//if ( book )
    //{
    //pageturn = book.GetComponent<PageTurn>();
    //}
    //windowRect.yMax = Screen.height - dsize;
    //svh = windowRect.yMax * svd; //(float)Screen.height * 0.5f; // - dsize; //25.0f; //* 0.955f;
    SizeChange();
    }

removing from the GameObject of the Scenes the components doesn't work.
    As I can do Thanks

How can I do?
    Thanks

15. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

@SpookyCat,

How does your support system work exactly? I logged in here and used the Contact Support button at the bottom right. Is that how I submit an issue? I ask because I submitted a couple of them a while back, and I still didn't hear anything back from your team...

I also added a request about the normal/tangent smoothing problem I was having back in July of 2014 and it still hasn't been resolved either. I would appreciate if you can look into it since my clothing system uses Mega Wrap and that seam is causing visual issues with my client. I submitted another ticket today for this again.

Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  16. Gregg-Patton

Gregg-Patton

I'm curious about the support system myself because I've experienced the same thing. Didn't know if I was putting my request in the right place or not.

17. Tom_Timothy

Tom_Timothy

@adamz to be honest if your doing anything multiplayer your going to continue to run into issue with mega Wrap I gave up after emails back and fourth for 6 months. But support did reply back 80% of the time.

18. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

What issues did you run into with Mega and multiplayer?

19. Tom_Timothy

Tom_Timothy

Um were to start
    1.) the way unity registers prefabs its going switch your mega wraps the same for all prefabs so the same clothing will look the same for each player. Basically when a player sets it up on his side everyones elses prefab will look the same. There is a work around for this but will cause a memory leak in unity.

2.) Unity changes its work around on prefabs each release so trying keep settings wont work well for you as it will break the deep copies fuction about every unity update. Also mega wrap is going stop you from having LOD groups.

3.) each pieces of clothing is going to take around 2% overhead on your cpu that will stack up quickly.

20. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

@adamz - Sorry I could not reply to some of your requests but I have not been able to access email for a while but if you look at the latest release you will see that I have done what you asked and added the option to use the Mega Normal method in the normal calculations on the Wrap system so that it will preserve the smoothing groups and uv groups when calculating the normals for a wrap mesh.

@Tom_Timothy We did do a release a little while back that made the prefab system work with Wrap mesh prefabs. Using the wrap system will incur a cpu hit but it is about the same if not quicker than the CPU skinning would be on the same mesh.

@Gregg Patton Not sure if you have sent any other requests but we had a support ticket from you on September 1st at 11:49am requesting an exporter which was replied to at 13:34pm the same day, have you sent any other tickets. As it says on the support page tickets are replied to as soon as possible, general email requests will take longer.

21. Ony

Ony

I'm having a weird problem when turning on threading for an object using MegaMorph. Only with some morphs, if threading is turned on for the object, there are a few polygons that sort of keep flipping in and out. If I turn off threading then it stops. Just noticed it happening about twenty minutes ago so that's about all the info I have at the moment. Anyone have this happen and is it worth trying to figure out? For now I just turned off threading but I'd like to have it on since it improves performance.

22. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

@SpookyCat, thanks for getting back to me. I'll give it a go and let you know if I'm experiencing any other issues.

23. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

@SpookyCat,

I see the drop-down between Unity and Mega, but when I choose Mega it seems that the normals affect the shader, and also shadows are no longer working (see screenshot)

Attached Files:

• ss.jpg
      ss.jpg
      File size:
      39.6 KB
      Views:
  24. Gregg-Patton

Gregg-Patton

@SpookyCat - I got a reply that said, "Thanks for the message, we'll get back to you as soon as possible!", but I never saw anything else. Maybe my spam filter ate it.

25. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

@SpookyCat , I still haven't heard back from you about this...

26. tbuchholzdesign

tbuchholzdesign

any solution for creating asset bundles with Megafier assets. Using a Point Cache Modifier on my asset and the Mega Prefab is not bundling with the rest of the assets. Hoping to find a solution soon

27. sgtkoolaid

sgtkoolaid

sent you a message via your website. but also setting one up here as I ran into a bug while applying a modify object. I am using 5.3.0b5 currently. thoughts on the bug? My client bought the mega fliers under his account so unsure if I am able to get you the purchase ID as that would waste time waiting. So hopefully you can help me on this.

Instantiating mesh due to calling MeshFilter.mesh during edit mode. This will leak meshes. Please use MeshFilter.sharedMesh instead.
    UnityEngine.MeshFilter:get_mesh()
    MegaModifyObject:FindMesh1(GameObject, GameObject&) (at Assets/Mega-Fiers/Scripts/MegaFiers/Modifiers/MegaModifyObject.cs:259)
    MegaModifyObject:ReStart1(Boolean) (at Assets/Mega-Fiers/Scripts/MegaFiers/Modifiers/MegaModifyObject.cs:137)
    MegaModifyObject:Reset() (at Assets/Mega-Fiers/Scripts/MegaFiers/Modifiers/MegaModifyObject.cs:63)

28. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

That is covered in the FAQ, it is a false error generated by Unity when changing a mesh in Edit mode, it can be ignored. It has no impact on the functionality of the system and Unity did say many many months ago that editor would be updated to stop that error being shown.

29. sgtkoolaid

sgtkoolaid

had another question. regarding vertex animation given the specific of the animation thought it best to do it like this. I need to use a vertex animation of part of a cell wall "swallowing' a molecule, since I use maya 2016 geometry cache gives me mcc and mcx as options. how do I use it since your app allows only mpc. am I doing something wrong?

I get these two errors when I try to load it in as either a mcx or a mcc.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    MegaVertexAnim.Modify (.MegaModifiers mc) (at Assets/Mega-Fiers/Scripts/MegaFiers/Modifiers/MegaVertexAnim.cs:170)
    MegaModifiers.ModifyObject () (at Assets/Mega-Fiers/Scripts/MegaFiers/Modifiers/MegaModifiers.cs:361)
    MegaModifiers.ModifyObjectMT () (at Assets/Mega-Fiers/Scripts/MegaFiers/Modifiers/MegaModifiers.cs:695)
    MegaModifyObject.Update () (at Assets/Mega-Fiers/Scripts/MegaFiers/Modifiers/MegaModifyObject.cs:198)

EndOfStreamException: Failed to read past end of stream.
    System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadChar () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/BinaryReader.cs:340)
    MegaParse.ReadString (System.IO.BinaryReader br) (at Assets/Mega-Fiers/Editor/MegaFiers/MegaParseEditor.cs:168)
    MegaVertexAnimEditor.ParseFile (System.String assetpath, .ParseClassCallbackType cb) (at Assets/Mega-Fiers/Editor/MegaFiers/MegaVertexAnimEditor.cs:191)
    MegaVertexAnimEditor.LoadVertexAnim () (at Assets/Mega-Fiers/Editor/MegaFiers/MegaVertexAnimEditor.cs:36)
    MegaVertexAnimEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/Mega-Fiers/Editor/MegaFiers/MegaVertexAnimEditor.cs:213)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor editor, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean rebuildOptimizedGUIBlock, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1231)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  30. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

It supports .pc2 .md and .mc files, Maya generates .mc files for it geom cache files so just import that.

31. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

You are using the wrong modifier, the vertex anim modifier is for 3ds max vertex animations, you should be using the Point Cache modifier.

32. sgtkoolaid

sgtkoolaid

k it told me mapping of LRP_GroundDeform failed.

Edit* never mind i got it :p had to enable mapping adjust and use last frame.

33. sgtkoolaid

sgtkoolaid

thank you for your astounding patience Chris. Greatly appreciate it.

now the fun part lining up all the LRP molecules to set up in their respective areas.

34. Dan_lala

Dan_lala

Just wondering when the support will answer my questions.... usually this is fast, but I did not get an e-mail back this time :)

35. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

I think I have just got up to date on the weekend backlog of support requests, if you have not heard from me could you submit another ticket, we have had a few support tickets get filtered as Spam by our ISP, so I have to do a weekly check through those emails as well in case I miss anything.

36. Dan_lala

Dan_lala

Just saw it and replied... thanks :) I was just worried because last time it did not get through my spam filter

37. sgtkoolaid

sgtkoolaid

anyone know how to animate a terrain with a voltarget, my voltarget game object animate but it does not effect the terrain during run time it just goes through the terrain. anyone know? Essentially I connected my sphere volume to my game object VolTarget then I animated the volume target to move so that the volume sphere can "deform" the terrain so it swallows up the molecule. However it is not showing any animation. However when I move it manually it warps/pushes the terrain in. Anyone figure this out?? I could use the help, I need to finish this for a paid project and a bit overwhelmed with MF, given that from what i see there are no real tutorials showcasing how to animate warping or perhaps I didn't look long or deep enough, don't know. but could use the help, i would be grateful.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  38. p6r

p6r

Here you can see my video to show how to make a sticker effect (glue/unglue) using great plugins like Megafiers.

(Look at 1080 HD)

6R

39. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

@p6r - Sorry I didn't get an email saying there were new posts here, that looks great, always nice to see the system being sued in cool ways.

On another note just submitted a small update to the Asset Store and our webstore that brings full compatibility with the upcoming release of Unity 5.3.

40. sgtkoolaid

sgtkoolaid

awesome. will update today. thank you.

41. khos85

khos85

Hi, I would like to ask if I can use mega-fiers to simulate tire/wheel deformation on a car, before I buy your very nice looking asset and try it I would like to ask if this could be possible.

42. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

A quick note to say a new version is in the asset store and on our website, this brings a much needed progress bar to the MegaWrap system so you can see how long the mapping will take and you can now also cancel the mapping as well. We also sped up the mapping process and we have some more changes coming to that in the next update as well as some performance boost to the actual wrapping system.

Changes in v3.02
    • Re did Mega Wrap mapping so now uses a cancel progress bar, so you can stop the process and also see how long it will take.
    • Greatly sped up the Wrap mapping process.
    • More performance increase to come to the wrap system in future updates.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  43. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

@khos85 - There are various modifiers in the system that could be used to do deformation to a car mesh, the FFD modifier for example, and the curve sculpt mods, but there are other systems on the asset store for doing very basic crash deformations to cars.

44. khos85

khos85

Many thanks for your reply, I'm specifically interested in tire/wheel deformation , e.g. when FFD modifier is used with a Unity wheel collider/ wheel mesh, would something like this be possible to deform the wheel collider's mesh on contact with the terrain/ground? (I hope it would be possible).. :)

45. ma.parizeau

ma.parizeau

Hi

I just bought Mega-Fiers and Mega Shapes. Downloaded both and now I have this error:

Assets/Mega-Fiers/Scripts/MegaFiers/MegaShape/MegaShapeRBodyPath.cs(5,14): error CS0101: The namespace `global::' already contains a definition for `MegaShapeRBodyPath'

What gives?

thanks,

46. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

@ma.parizeau - It would seem that the MegaShapeRBodyPath.cs file is in a different place in the MegaShapes package to the MegaFiers package, I will move it to the right place in the next update, but for now just delete one or other of the MegaShapeRBodyPath.cs files from your project and all will be fine. Sorry about that.

47. ma.parizeau

ma.parizeau

Hi SpookyCat,

Thank you for the quick reply. Great, I will do that.

Oh, and don't be sorry. Like we say in French: S*** happens!

Can't wait to put this to good use. Thanks a million for this product.

Cheers,

48. khos85

khos85

Hi SpookyCat, I wanted to ask if you would be ok to advise on my question, can this be done/possible?

49. p6r

p6r

Issue with Megafiers (Windows 7 / Unity 5.3.0f4) :
    I can't see/use more than 1 modifier into the Animation panel anymore ?????

And before I run the scene I can only see "Modify Object script" in this panel. After I have stopped the scene, the "Modify Object script" is automatically replaced by the first modifier added to the 3D model !?!

In last releases I could see all modifiers added to the model and I could change the values with the Animationn panel.
    Could you help me, please ???
    6R

50. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Just a note to say the Animation window issue is a bug in Unity where it just will only show you the first component on any object, bug reports are being submitted to Unity.