Search Unity

[Released] Mega-Fiers. A mesh deformation system - RELEASE

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by SpookyCat, May 18, 2011.

1. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

@Visual_Lies - The Boolean system is part of the our Mesh system we were working on a while back, it was working fine in most cases but there were some cases where it would not give correct results and we were not happy in releasing a system which we knew did not work correctly so it was put away to work on other systems and our own game. We do get the odd request for it so almost getting tempted to dust it off and see if I can fix the problems but it is a case of finding the time at the moment.

2. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Just submitting an update to the Asset Store, this now means the basic version of MegaShapes included in MegaFiers is up to date with the improvements made to the full version of MegaShapes, so it adds a new method to the Spline API for getting position, twist and rotation all in one call. Also improves the AutoCurve function and some other small changes.

PlayMaker
    On another point The nice people over at HutongGames sent us a copy of PlayMaker so we could look at adding some actions to allow PlayMaker users to more easily use the MegaFiers system, so over the last week or so we have been adding Actions for the more commonly used aspects of the system and will be releasing a PlayMaker Actions asset soon. To start with the include actions will allow you to control most of the Modifiers in MegaFiers along with the Warps. We will be adding further actions to the system probably as they are requested by PlayMaker users, so if you are a user of PlayMaker and MegaFiers then please do let us know what is needed. We hope to have the actions available soon, you will need to contact us if you need the actions as they wont be included in the main system.

Current Modifier Actions
    Currently the actions included allow you to control the following Modifiers.
    • Attractor Shape
    • Bend
    • Bubble
    • Conform
    • Crumple
    • Curve Deform
    • Cylindrify
    • Displace
    • Displace Limits
    • Globe
    • Hump
    • Melt
    • Noise
    • Page Flip
    • Path Deform
    • Point Cache
    • Push
    • Radial Skew
    • Ripple
    • Sinus Curve
    • Skew
    • Spherify
    • Squeeze
    • Stretch
    • Taper
    • Tree Bend
    • Twist
    • UVAdjust
    • UVTiles
    • Vertical Noise
    • Warp Bind
    • Wave
    • Waving
    • World Path Deform
    Current Warp Actions
    And also the following Warps.
    • Bend
    • Bubble
    • Cylindrify
    • Globe
    • Hump
    • Melt
    • Noise
    • Ripple
    • Sinus Curve
    • Skew
    • Squeeze
    • Stretch
    • Taper
    • Twist
    • Wave
    • Waving
    • ZStretch
    Changes in v2.91
    • Imported SXL splines will now no longer change values to centre the spline.
    • Imported SVG splines will now no longer change values to centre the spline.
    • Added Centre Shape button to Shapes Inspector to allow you move the pivot to the centre of all the points.
    • Added new InterpCurve3D method which will return the postion, twist and also rotation quaternion for a point on a spline.
    • Autocurve now does the first and last handles on open splines.
    • Added 'Update on Drag' option to MegaShape inspector, if checked spline meshes or lofts will update as you drag, off then they will update when dragging stops, for complex lofts this makes it easier to edit splines.
    • Fixed inspector for spline animations so buttons aren't hidden.

Visual_Lies and chiapet1021 like this.
  3. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

The clever chaps at VirtualWare have released a video of their amazing Virtual Aquarium that they have just installed in the Yurabi Restaurant in Barcelona. They used MegaFiers to animate all the fish and creatures in the tank. I think a trip to Barcelona is called for :) Click the image above to play the video to see the Aquariums in their full glory.

4. Licarell

Licarell

Wow this would be an interesting case study...

5. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Just submitted version 2.92 of MegaFiers to the Asset Store and on our website. This brings the version of MegaShapes lite in MegaFiers up to date with numerous bug fixes and improvements to the system

Changes since v2.90
    • Fixed exception when adding a new curve to a shape.
    • The Clone Spline layer now works with the spline twist values.
    • Fixed exception when adding a new curve to a shape.
    • Added option to Spline Tube Mesh to flip normals for inside tubes.
    • Added option to Spline Box Mesh to flip normals for inside box tubes.
    • Added option to Spline Ribbon Mesh to flip normals.
    • Imported SXL splines will now no longer change values to center the spline.
    • Imported SVG splines will now no longer change values to center the spline.
    • Added Center Shape button to Shapes Inspector to allow you move the pivot to the center of all the points.
    • Added new InterpCurve3D method which will return the position, twist and also rotation quaternion for a point on a spline.
    • Autocurve now does the first and last handles on open splines.
    • Added 'Update on Drag' option to MegaShape inspector, if checked spline meshes or lofts will update as you drag, off then they will update when dragging stops, for complex lofts this makes it easier to edit splines.
    • Fixed inspector for spline animations so buttons aren't hidden.

6. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Hiya,

A few issues are present with beta 22, using 1.97 megashapes and 2.92 megafiers.

Just got round to purchasing megafiers + megashapes, but there are still issues importing into beta 22. In particular many depreciated methods. In addition, when importing both packages, a lot of duplicate files are created causing a bunch of namespace errors.

Also the examples appear to reference out of date image effects for 5 (I believe unity changed the namespace for these).

A final problem was I was unable to purchase megafiers and megashapes on beta 22. I've filed a bug for this. I had to run 4.x to buy. Just letting you know on the off chance you might be losing custom.

Also would you please consider using namespaces for your examples, if not your main code, since it clashes heavily with my code. A polite asset would do this :) For example CameraManager forces me to rewrite your code so it doesn't clash with our project. I'd normally delete it but we need these while learning.

Neither assets are working well when imported (shapes, fiers) in beta 22 at the moment. Let me know how I can help. Been a bit of a frustrating morning to be honest and I doubt it's your fault that Unity 5 is in flux, so I am not blaming you, just letting you know.

Neither asset has cleared out depreciation warnings fully yet, and Megafiers is buggy ie it appears to only update in the editor not in play mode for deformations.

So, I guess we'll wait for official Unity 5 support before using. Looks very promising though.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  7. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

8. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

@hippocoder - Thanks for the purchase and the info. I have just fixed the depreciated methods in both MegaFiers and MegaShapes, both import fine into Unity 5 againnow. As for it not updating that is odd as it is working here in Beta 18 and Unity demo team are using the system in some demos at the moment and we have been in contact with them about other features in the system but it is working fine for them as well with no reports of any issues. The updates have been submitted to the Asset Store so should appear soon.

Not sure why you are getting Image Effects references as they are not being used at all by either system, and importing the assets into a blank project produces no missing components etc, so not sure where that is coming from.

The Camera manager is just a simple script in the Demo Scene folder, when importing the assets just unselect the Test Scenes and then the only the system scripts will be imported and they all have the 'Mega' prefix so there should be no conflict. I will get a namespace or prefix on the demo scene scripts, thought I had done that ages back but the demo folder must have got overlooked, sorry about that.

9. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Great! Thanks for bearing with me, but still there's a problem if you open a new b22 project and import Megafiers followed by Megashapes, and the two fight, then scripts get duplicated. That's something I'm not sure who should fix, you or Unity... link above for the behaviour. Afaik it affects projects when upgrading too.

10. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Just posted in the thread you linked to, they say just make the Guids consistent but they give no help as to how one does that. Seems pretty crazy to not be able to import a script package with the same files in and not have it work.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  11. AVOlight

AVOlight

Hi, building to the windows store and get errors after clicking build, (CS1061) "System.IO.StreamReader" does not contain definition for "Close",

Cheers,
    Nick

12. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

@biasless - I think that is one for Unity as the StreamReader class most certainly has a Close method in it so you need to report that as a bug to Unity. If you are not using the component that uses the stream and comment the line out.

13. AVOlight

AVOlight

@SpookyCat Cheers, (building to windows store is not very fun)..

14. AVOlight

AVOlight

Is there something like the "Bezier Patch Deform" that works for existing 2d meshes (from shape of vertices not shape of texture) ?

15. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

The Bez Patch deform works with its own mesh as you know, we do not have a modifier version which could be applied to a general 2d mesh, would need to have a think if it could be easily done or not.

16. saucer78

saucer78

Hey there!

Still very new to Unity and am interested in this package... but am also looking at Ultimate Roper Editor for my first project that involves a flying dragon pulling a sled, similar to a reindeer/Santa scenario. (My second project will probably focus on a roller coaster style ride so I'm hoping that this package can take care of BOTH needs - along with many more, as I hear this asset is amazing.)

So... I'm curious to know how MegaFiers competes with URE as far as realism and ease of use. I need to create two basic ropes between the flying dragon and the pulled sled, but I'd like them to behave as realistically as possible - with a balance of tension and elasticity. I've researched all that I can about the ropes/tubes in MegaFiers, but cannot seem to grasp if they are as robust as those in URE, which seems like it would allow me to simply animate the path of the dragon, resulting in the sled being animated entirely from the connectivity physics.

Any comment regarding the use of MegaFiers/MegaShapes to create a roller coaster track would be appreciated as well.

Thanks so much!

17. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

@saucer78 - MegaFiers doesn't compete at all with URE since it has no rope system in it :) As for using the full MegaShapes to make a roller coaster we have quite a few users of the system who are building roller coaster games so it seems to to do the job :)

18. saucer78

saucer78

Thanks for the quick reply!

Sorry if I've confused the assets - maybe I was thinking of MegaShapes... which MageFiers includes a basic version of?

Anyway, do you know if this beta demo - or any iteration of a rope system - made it into MegaShapes? If not, then I guess I'll just need to purchase URE for now and then decide when to get Shapes to start on my roller coaster.

I greatly appreciate your help :)

19. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

There is a demo scene included in the full MegaShapes that includes a rope and a chain moving around.

20. herpderpzerp

herpderpzerp

HI I was wondering what state this deformer is in as I want to buy megafiers but specifically need meshes being deformed by other oddly shaped meshes : )
    Also would this work on a skinned character? the skinned character being the one that is squashed and deformed.

21. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

@herderpzerp - That modifier is in the system but it is not completed yet, it works in some case such as shown in the video but needs finishing off to work in all cases, it is on the todo list as again it is something we need in our game in the near future so I hope to find some time soon to finish it off but currently it is an an alpha stage in the system.

22. saucer78

saucer78

I've been searching but have found little-to-nothing on roller coasters and cannot locate a thread for Mega-Shapes, specifically. Do you know of any content on here revolving around Mega-Shapes and using it to create a coaster? I'm very interested in the product, but would like to make sure it will be easy enough for a n00b like me to figure out ;)

23. Tom_Timothy

Tom_Timothy

Having error with Mega wrap (script)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    MegaWrap.CloneMesh (UnityEngine.Mesh m) (at Assets/Mega-Fiers/Scripts/MegaFiers/Utils/MegaWrap.cs:148)
    MegaWrap.Attach (.MegaModifyObject modobj) (at Assets/Mega-Fiers/Scripts/MegaFiers/Utils/MegaWrap.cs:254)
    MegaWrapEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/Mega-Fiers/Editor/MegaFiers/MegaWrapEditor.cs:34)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor editor, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean forceDirty, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect, Boolean eyeDropperDirty) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1093)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

24. Tom_Timothy

Tom_Timothy

For anyones info this was caused by selecting the prefab not the mesh but now when making prefab we get same error

25. Tom_Timothy

Tom_Timothy

Okay figured out my issue as I have a multiplayer game I must deepcopy all my characters so they dont all look like the last one logged in server. Hear is the catch mega wrap doesnt work with deep copy or any other fourm of copy or normall prefabs so I can not have equipment clothing on the character what am I missing hear.

26. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

I will check the copy functions, I know we updated the Prefab system to work with the wrap data which should be using the same copy methods from Deep Copy. Will check to see what could be going on there.

On another note just submitted an update to the asset store, this brings some more optimizations to the Attractor shape modifier and also that modifier can now be used multiple times on a shape without the issues it used to have, so you could have two wave splines passing through one another correctly now. We also added a beta of the Displace modifier that works with RenderTextures. The Path deform modifiers now have an option to use distance values or percent values to control the deformation position on the spline.

We have also update the MegaShapes system to fix some bugs, add some new API calls, tweak the inspector etc. Also added a new helper script to show how a spline can be created at runtime by drawing on a scene with the mouse, it will create a spline from the mouse positions and turn that into a mesh as you draw. In the first part of the video below you can see that inaction, the second part shows the same system being used to build a loft in the full version of MegaShapes.

Video of the Draw Spline component

Changes in v2.94
    • Optimized the Attractor Shape modifier some more.
    • Attractor shape modifier now works with multiple splines.
    • Added a version of the Displace modifier that can use RenderTextures.
    • Added option to World Path deform to use a distance value or percent value;
    • Added option to Path deform to use a distance value or percent value;
    • Tweaks to the Draw Spline components.
    • Autocurve fixed so the last knots handles on an open spline are correct.
    • Added a Draw Spline example script to make splines by drawing with the mouse at runtime.
    • Fixed some potential errors in the constant speed interpolation.
    • Smooth value is now a slider and shows results in realtime for easier use.
    • Further small changes to make compatible with Unity 5.0
    • Made changes for latest Unity 5 beta to fix any import warnings.

27. netvortex_dc

netvortex_dc

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    MegaWrap.CloneMesh (UnityEngine.Mesh m) (at Assets/Mega-Fiers/Scripts/MegaFiers/Utils/MegaWrap.cs:148)

Same issue here. Needs to be applied on the GameObject that contains the Mesh! Would be nicer if it iterates over all child transforms and looks for Meshs.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  28. eajones

eajones

Total newbie at Mega-Fiers, trying to do a few simple things which should be easy, but I can't determine how to get them done, or even determine how the asset is doing the things it is doing in taking apart one of the demo scenes. Any way for someone to give and Idiot's Guide to get the following things done: I am using a non-populated scene tyring to modify stuff on an imported FBX model.

1. Bouncing object. I looked at the "bouncing ball" video, and my object remains suspended without dropping. Therefore, it never hits the ground, rebounds, etc. Tried applying the "bouncing ball" script. Don't know if I have to introduce some gravity or how to cause the object to actually fall. I would want this to be an ongoing action so the return height of the object would be the same as its starting point.

2. Have 2 ends of a rectangular object flap up & down like wings. Looks easy in videos, but again no clue. Considered making action using bones, but bending looks much easier. For professionals anyway.

Any help appreciated, or direction to beginning tutorials would be helpful. I am not a programmer, so high-end stuff is unfortunately not helpful...

Thank you!

29. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Hi There
    The bounding ball example script has it's own simple physics in it which controls the movement of the object, the script then uses the distance of the ball from the ground to control the amount of stretch applied to the mesh, if your ball is not moving with the script it means the object does not have a Stretch modifier applied. Goto the Component/Modifier menu and click the stretch modifier then run the scene the object should move up and down. The Ball Bounce script is just meant as an example as how a modifier value can be driven by an objects position, in this case the distance of the object above the 0 ground plane.

The whole modifier system is based around the systems in Max, Maya and Blender so if you have not used any of those packages to deform meshes then the number of options can be a little daunting, the best thing to do is have a test shape and add each modifier to it and just play with the values, for you flapping wings for example you would add a Bend modifier, then apply a bend value then play with the Gizmo position values and the Limit from to values, then add another for the other wing, cant really beat just playing with the values until you get a feel for it. Most users of the system have a little background in using the 3d packages so they kind of know what to change.

30. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Actually for wings you may be better off using the waving modifier maybe with vertex volume select applied first to limit the effect to only the wings.

31. eajones

eajones

Very quick response :)

Still not getting it to work--I have an object, apply ball bounce script, and not sure which script to apply. Tried adding several scripts with Megafiers with them--and didn't see a good choice. Tried going from menu bar and adding stretch alone. Nothing moves when I hit play. I'm not sure what exact scripts/etc I should be adding to the object from which I then choose the stretch, etc.

Would there be any way to make a bouncing box or something & send a model for me to take apart from which to learn?

32. eajones

eajones

Is there any existing model with vertex volume selection applied or how to learn about vertex volume selection?

33. eajones

eajones

nevermind--found it

34. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

There are different kinds of vertex selection modifiers, a volume select where you define a sphere or cube and a falloff to select vertices, there is a cube in the demo scene with that applied, you can also use existing vertex colors to define regions or finally you can use a material select to select a region. They are all simple to use just add the vertex selection modifier you need, if using the vertex color one you will need to have painted your colors on the mesh in your 3d package first.
    Video below shows the Multi Volume selection modifier.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  35. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

And the simple volume select.

36. eajones

eajones

Thank you for the info. I've been working on trying to acocmplish the wing-flapping effect, and have had limited success using the volume select--not aware of a multivolume select although I have watched that video :-0

Also, despite rotating my object in different axis, it seems that the effects are, relative to the object, front/back instead of up/down. I've tried wave and ripple so far. Do I need to modify my object before importing to give its relative axis a different spin, or is there something else simple I am missing?

Also, I've played more with the ball bounce, and still can't get an object to actually fall... is there any gravity I need to introduce? From the Megafiers examples, I note one of the rope bridge displays has an object on, one above--I'll look at that. Are there additional things I need in a scene (again using a blank scene for learning) that I must have in there for the ball bounce? (tried adding stretch to it and still no motion).

37. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

All the deformations happen in the local space of the mesh so rotating the object etc will have no effect, if you want to change the space then use he Gizmo Rot, Pos and Scale values in the inspector, they can be used to rotate any effect for example.

I have no problem with the ball bounce script, I add a sphere object, then add a Stretch modifier then add the Ball Bounce example script and press play and I have the ball bouncing up and down with a stretch effect applied, changing the mass and gravity values will change how fast the ball bounces and how high.

38. eajones

eajones

I FINALLY got the desired-looking effect of flapping, only to find that the prefab is not storing properly: the only information that is kept in the prefab is that of the compenents added. I have done this three times now. Most recently, here is the order of things that I did: took the model, which has a mesh renderer with material, saved as a prefab. The prefab icon looks like the item. I added the multi volume, added 2 volumes, refined, then added "wave", tweaked it to get the desired effect. When I clicked on "apply" from the inspector window to save to the prefab, the model disappears from the prefab icon, and if I dubplicate the prefab that is still in the work window, it only duplicates the things which I added from Megafiers. What am I doing wrong to save the information? I did not add a box collider, but that should not cause the model to disappear?

39. eajones

eajones

Thank you for the ball bounce solution :)

40. eajones

eajones

just noticed that the effects "happen in local space". Is there no way to save the effects to a model that can continue do do those actions as it moves around without using a warp space area, for example? I am trying to do different animations to objects in a tower defense game as they would navigate along a path or mazed path. I was hoping that I could simply attach the effect to the object in its own local space and carry the effect with it as it then moved along the "path". Is this then not possible? Since I can't save a model with the Mega-Fiers affect attached, I am worried that this is indeed the case.

If this is indeed so, that the effect is only in a space, then I suppose I either would have "flying" objects go through a warp space defined for them, and "bouncing" objects in a different space?

In order to have some differentiation in effects, does the paint feature allow this to be specific enough to be painted on different models to have that effect occur only on the painted areas? I'll look more closely at that video: I assume that the "paint" does not show on the model itself?

does any of the information get saved to the actual model, such as painting regions, multivolume select choices, etc?

I apologize for the myriad of questions, but I think I am better understanding what the program does (which is awesome) and what I had assumed it might have done (allow affect to be stored in a model to be used instead of an animation in this case).

Would this be something considered for the future--allowing the effects to be incorporated in the model itself instead of at a given space in the "world"? And any other work-arounds other than making warp zones where the desired affect occurs .i.e bouncing vs flapping?

41. lazyphoton

lazyphoton

Sorry if this question is a bit too simple for everyone in the thread, I will surely use the wealth of features in the future but for now I am sticking to the basics :)
    I just bought the plugin because I read it could solve a simple problem I have: I exported an animated spline (rendered as a simple hose) from 3ds max but it will not work directly in Unity. I tried adding the Modify Object then the Path Deform but my animation is still not happening.
    Do you have simple steps to follow?
    Thanks

42. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

@eajones - You could either use a warp version of the modifier if there is one, otherwise you can simulate world space movement by either changing the Gizmo Pos or Offset values for the modifiers.

@lasyphoton - If you could submit a support ticket at the website we can get you up and running with the animated splines.

43. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Just submitted another update to the asset store and our webstore, this brings a couple of small bug fixes and some improvements to the RigidBody Spline follow example script. A video showing a example use of the RBody Path Follow below.

Changes v2.96
    • Added FindNearestPointXZ and FindNearestPointXZWorld methods to MegaShape API.
    • Improved Move RigidBody along spline system example script MegaShapeRBodyPathNew, note it is an example script for you to base your own on.
    • Added a break force option to RigidBody spline follow.
    • Fixed a bug in the Load Targets option when using OBJ files with the morpher.
    • Added more options to the Move Rigidbody along a spline script.
    • Added option to the Walk Rope example scripts to check object is within the bounds of the bridge object. Enable Recalc Bounds on any rope bridge to use.
    • Removed the unused function LoadTexture which was causing a compile error when building for webplayer.
    • Added a warning in the Wrap system if you are trying to wrap to an object with no mesh.

44. yohami

yohami

I'd like to user Megafiers on a character that is rigged and animated in Mecanim. For example I'd like to adjust the length of the legs while he walks.

In other words can Megafiers be used to bend meshes with bones while retaining their animation?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  45. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

@yohami - Sorry for the delay, the system works fine with animated and skinned meshes, so you can indeed apply any of the modifiers to your object and the animation will work just the same.

46. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Just submitted a very small update to MegaFiers to the Assetstore. This fixes a small bug in the Wrap system where it would not work if applied to a skinned mesh that had no bones, and also a small change to the PC2 file importer as it seems the file header on PC2 files can lie about the number of frames of data included so added a check to make sure all is OK, happens when your point cache animation does not actually start until a few frames in, Max will not save the frames where no changes happen but will wrongly save the full range value in the PC2 file header.

47. bjornrun

bjornrun

When I run the included Modifiers scene on iPad, it crashes before anything is shown. Anyone knows why?

Log:

Requesting Resolution: 1536x2048
    Init: screen size 1536x2048
    Initializing Metal device caps
    Initialize engine version: 5.0.1p4 (d5a3c6c514e1)

Stack trace in Xcode:

#0 0x00000001015b8720 in physx::SubSortSAH::sort4(unsigned int*, unsigned int, physx::shdfnd::Array<physx::RTreeNodeNQ, physx::shdfnd::ReflectionAllocator<physx::RTreeNodeNQ> >&, unsigned int&, unsigned int, physx::RTreeNodeNQ*) at /Users/builduser/buildslave/physx/build/Source/PhysXCooking/src/mesh/RTreeCooking.cpp:589
    #1 0x00000001015b8bfc in physx::SubSortSAH::sort4(unsigned int*, unsigned int, physx::shdfnd::Array<physx::RTreeNodeNQ, physx::shdfnd::ReflectionAllocator<physx::RTreeNodeNQ> >&, unsigned int&, unsigned int, physx::RTreeNodeNQ*) at /Users/builduser/buildslave/physx/build/Source/PhysXCooking/src/mesh/RTreeCooking.cpp:715
    #2 0x00000001015b7b6c in physx::buildFromBounds(physx::Gu::RTree&, physx::pxBounds3V const*, unsigned int, physx::shdfnd::Array<unsigned int, physx::shdfnd::ReflectionAllocator<unsigned int> >&, physx::RTreeCooker::RemapCallback*, physx::shdfnd::aos::Vec3V&, physx::shdfnd::aos::Vec3V&, float, physx::pxMeshCookingHint::Enum) [inlined] at /Users/builduser/buildslave/physx/build/Source/PhysXCooking/src/mesh/RTreeCooking.cpp:764
    #3 0x00000001015b7744 in physx::RTreeCooker::buildFromTriangles(physx::Gu::RTree&, physx::pxVec3 const*, unsigned int, unsigned short const*, unsigned int const*, unsigned int, physx::shdfnd::Array<unsigned int, physx::shdfnd::ReflectionAllocator<unsigned int> >&, physx::RTreeCooker::RemapCallback*, float, physx::pxMeshCookingHint::Enum) at /Users/builduser/buildslave/physx/build/Source/PhysXCooking/src/mesh/RTreeCooking.cpp:121
    #4 0x00000001015b6094 in physx::InternalTriangleMeshBuilder::createRTree() at /Users/builduser/buildslave/physx/build/Source/PhysXCooking/src/InternalTriangleMeshBuilder.cpp:125
    #5 0x00000001015baddc in physx::TriangleMeshBuilder::loadFromDesc(physx::pxTriangleMeshDesc const&, physx::pxCookingParams const&, bool) at /Users/builduser/buildslave/physx/build/Source/PhysXCooking/src/mesh/TriangleMeshBuilder.cpp:95
    #6 0x00000001015b3054 in physx::Cooking::loadTriangleMeshDesc(physx::pxTriangleMeshDesc const&, physx::TriangleMeshBuilder&) at /Users/builduser/buildslave/physx/build/Source/PhysXCooking/src/Cooking.cpp:142
    #7 0x00000001015b3148 in physx::Cooking::cookTriangleMesh(physx::pxTriangleMeshDesc const&, physx::pxOutputStream&) at /Users/builduser/buildslave/physx/build/Source/PhysXCooking/src/Cooking.cpp:162
    #8 0x00000001011beb18 in CreatePxStreamFromUnityMesh at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Dynamics/Dynamics3/NxMeshCreation.cpp:58
    #9 0x00000001011bebe8 in CreatePxMeshFromUnityMesh at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Dynamics/Dynamics3/NxMeshCreation.cpp:86
    #10 0x0000000100fa5dc4 in AwakeFromLoadThreaded at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Dynamics/Dynamics3/CollisionMeshData.cpp:80
    #11 0x00000001010e6138 in PostReadActivationQueue at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Serialize/PersistentManager.cpp:1088
    #12 0x00000001010e6f20 in LoadFileCompletelyThreaded at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Serialize/PersistentManager.cpp:1547
    #13 0x000000010107ba24 in Perform at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Misc/LoadLevelOperation.cpp:128
    #14 0x000000010107aaac in ProcessSingleOperation at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Misc/PreloadManager.cpp:274
    #15 0x000000010107a8c4 in Run at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Misc/PreloadManager.cpp:323
    #16 0x000000010107a880 in Run at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Misc/PreloadManager.cpp:180
    #17 0x000000010111069c in RunThreadWrapper at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Threads/Thread.cpp:40
    #18 0x0000000197edbdc8 in _pthread_body ()
    #19 0x0000000197edbd24 in _pthread_start ()

48. Tom_Timothy

Tom_Timothy

still haven't heard anything on making mega wrap work with deep copy for characters with multi[le children that have mega wrap on children. Use code like this

if (!mobReloaded) {
    GameObject newCharacter = MegaCopyObject.DeepCopy(gameObject);
    newCharacter.name = gameObject.name;
    //newCharacter.AddComponent (typeof(MorphPropertyHandler));
    ClearPropertyHandlers();
    newCharacter.transform.position = transform.position;
    //newCharacter.GetComponent<MorphPropertyHandler> ().SetReloaded();
    newCharacter.SendMessage("SetReloaded");
    GetComponent<GameSpawnNode> ().ReplaceGameObject (newCharacter);

But Its is not making a deep copy of any of the children with mega wrap on them but does copy correctly things with it on please advise.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  49. sgtkoolaid

sgtkoolaid

getting numerous errors when I installed Megafliers and mega flow. this seems to be present with mega fliers alone.

here are the errors I am getting. any way to fix this?

Assets/Mega-Fiers/Scripts/MegaFiers/MegaShape/MegaKML.cs(8,14): error CS0101: The namespace `global::' already contains a definition for `MegaKML

Assets/Mega-Fiers/Scripts/MegaFiers/MegaShape/MegaShapeLine.cs(5,14): error CS0101: The namespace `global::' already contains a definition for `MegaShapeLine'

Assets/Mega-Fiers/Scripts/MegaFiers/MegaShape/MegaShapeSVG.cs(10,14): error CS0101: The namespace `global::' already contains a definition for `MegaShapeSVG'
    there are others with the scripts. but I had to let my client use the project folder, and had to uninstall it. any reason this is happening despite having a clean install?? I have the latest update of Unity 5.1 currently. Please respond in haste. need to get this sorted out quickly. thank you.

50. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

In Unity 5.0 they changed the way assets are imported, before if it found a file with the same name it would either replace it or not on the date of the file, for some reason they stopped doing that and now if a file already exists Unity decided the best thing to do is make a duplicate of it and add a number to the filename, so for scripts you get duplicated classes. For your case if you install MegaFiers then install MegaFlow just unselect the MegaShapes folders before importing and that will stop the errors, or just delete all the files that Unity decided to duplicate.

Also you say you are sharing the assets with a client, how many people have the assets installed?

And on another point to get support quickly it is best to submit a support ticket at the website, for whatever reason I do not always get email notifications of posts on the forums here and it was just by chance I thought I would check the thread I saw your post.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015