Search Unity

Maximum number (128) of shader keywords exceeded

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ksam2, Apr 21, 2015.

1. ksam2

ksam2

Hi, I get this error how can I solve that without deleting any of my shaders?

Maximum number (128) of shader keywords exceeded, keyword _CARFLAKEMAPUV_UV0 will be ignored.
    You will have to delete some shaders or make them use less keywords.

2. ksam2

ksam2

Please help

3. ksam2

ksam2

4. blizzy

blizzy

5. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

6. akiraddd

akiraddd

In 5.0, is there anyway to display all shader keywords presently in use? I once hit the 128 shader keyword limit and the error message actually listed all of the keywords that were in use...including many I had deprecated...but I strongly suspect I don't always receive this error when I exceed the limit.

I managed to get back below the limit (and get my shaders working again) by going through all of my .mat files with a text editor to remove any reference to keywords that no longer have any meaning. I also double checked my C# scripts to make sure I wasn't attempting to enable deprecated shader keywords.

It would be extremely convenient if Unity logged every shader keyword request to a file (CryEngine did this...so I always knew if when I was approaching their 64 keyword limit...plus I usually could tell which features fell off the list when I exceeded the limit).

ksam2 likes this.