Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Match stays alive after closing game

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Vasenkov, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Vasenkov

Vasenkov

Hey there!
    Previously after closing game with UNET match started shortly match was killed by some mystical UNET forces. But now it just stays dummy alive and I cannot do anything with it. I've found it, when CCU suddenly was exceeded. And now I have 99 out of 100 CCU used.

I've tried to delete configuration or even project (on website, not actual project, lol), but it's anyway somewhere out there taking CCU.

Is there any way to kill all those matches or something?

2. Sycoforge

Sycoforge

We are experiencing the same with the latest patch [5.2.1p3].

Matches survive the sessions and are consumming CCUs.

3. SirPadderich

SirPadderich

Hi there!

Same issue here. Yesterday my CCUs exceeded, although I was the only one creating and closing matches.
    Today almost all CCUs are free again, but there are still 2 in use. The last match I've created was hours ago.

Maybe we're doing something wrong when closing the matches? What's the right way, DestroyMatch, DropConnection, StopHost?

I really hope to figure this out, because I like the new Matchmaking system and want to use it in production in a few weeks. :)

Best,
    Patrick

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thats a poor excuse, should of read the api on match.DestroyMatch() :p

5. PatrikL

PatrikL

I'm experiencing the same problem using 5.3.2f1. It's very annoying since I'm the only person developing on it, and there are no live versions.

Code (CSharp):
    1. System.FormatException: FAILURE Returned from server: Failed; CCU exceeded for appId=XXXXX
    Matches seems to persist for a very long time. I haven't tried using DestroyMatch(), but are using more or less the standard NetworkManager.

Whats also odd is that when I look at my configuration, it doesn't look as if I'm close to the 100 limit. See screenshot below.

If DestroyMatch() is the answer, where do I put it within the context of the NetworkManager?

6. asperatology

asperatology

OnPlayerDisconnect() and in that function, check if number of players == 0?

Never used MatchMaker (due to WebGL), so I'm not really sure. It would be helpful if anyone is up for testing and reporting back their findings.

7. Goofy420

Goofy420

DestroyMatch() is NOT the answer, LordPhil obviously doesn't know the API or he would know that the match being destroyed is handled automatically by the API, and also destroys the player automatically 30 seconds after disconnect.. This is a bug in the beta UNET which doesn't reset the CCU when a player leaves, in fact if the same player connects (from a server disconnect, reboot or something), it is possible that this one player could use 100 CCU's. I tested this theory in editor using one local user and that single user used 100 CCU's with a reset time between 12-24 hours There is no user code in the API to reset the CCU since that's done on the Unity side so we need to wait for Unity to get an update ready.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    thegreatzebadiah and Zero123 like this.
  8. Christoph_DonopInteractive

Christoph_DonopInteractive

Hi, any news about this Issue?

Trying to store the CreateMatchResponse as global variable and clean up on quit, but doesen work right now.

Code (CSharp):
    1. public void OnApplicationQuit()
    2. {
    3.     if (CreateMatchResponse != null)
    4.     {
    5.         //cleanup room    
    6.         NetworkMatch.DestroyMatch(CreateMatchResponse.networkId, DestroyMatchCallback);
    7.      }
    8. }

9. christianstrang

christianstrang

Just ran into this issue as well 5.3.1p4

10. moco2k

moco2k

Same issue here with 5.3.4f1.

I have done some single user testing and after a few test plays CCU usage is completely filled up with 20 CCU's and it does not free up.

Seems to be a major problem.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    Dotby and Zengy like this.
  11. Xuzon

Xuzon

Same problem here in 5.3.4f1

12. Dotby

Dotby

Still alive... Bad.

13. moco2k

moco2k

My project is still at 20 CCU since 4 days.

At least this answer in the other CCU thread indicates that the problem is being noticed, worked on and hopefully fixed soon.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  14. iggkrajc

iggkrajc

I am still having this issue, at 20 CCUs and it will not drop. Playing a local multiplayer game

15. Thordir

Thordir

I ended up creating a new organization on my unity account and transfering my unet project to that one. CCUs are reset

16. iggkrajc

iggkrajc

Is the problem fixed though? If not 20 plays later and you are stuck until you re-create again.

17. thegreatzebadiah

thegreatzebadiah

Sure doesn't seem to be fixed. I'm using 110 CCU right now with no one actually running the game.

iggkrajc and GrymmyD like this.
  18. Stephen_O

Stephen_O

This just started happening to me recently, posting my input to multiple threads on this same topic in hopes Unity takes action or at least gives a response, @JeremyUnity is aware of the situation as mentioned in this thread http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/hit-unet-ccu-limit.392530/ .

Apparently this issue is spanning across multiple threads so here's my input from the first thread I found on the subject. Also we should get an eta or at least some type of communication about this as it halts development and UNet is now advertised by Unity as a public service.

I'm sad to say I'm experiencing this too and thought I have done something or an update broke my logic, wasted time on my end. I'd love to hear from Unity a cause and solution for this bug.

It seems the mm server is keeping our destroyed matches so when querying for games the matches that should not exist are appearing in the list while the CCU keeps rising. Restarting Unity, or my machine does not have an effect on this count, so I'm lead to believe this is the actual mm server or something to that degree. The mm server should destroy the game when the player's are not in it after a timeout, this is not happening, it's as if the mm server is not responding to requests to leave or destroy the match.

19. asperatology

asperatology

I just accepted the fact this will not be fixed within a month, and just blatantly told my Unity testers that this will happen, and just continue to restart the match over and over until the game works.

I couldn't care more at this point.

20. JeremyUnity

JeremyUnity

We do have an update on this as posted in this thread.

"On update on the issue: the fix is ready and being propped and QAd in our staging environment, there were some issues we needed to sort out with the deployment but it should be done soon. Since there is some uncertainty about this I can't promise an exact time, as soon as I know more I'll report it here."