Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Master Of Tea Kung Fu

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by twntgr, Nov 20, 2014.

1. twntgr

twntgr

Master of Tea Kung Fu is a fighting game where you gain power by drinking tea during battle. You literally hold a cup of tea while fighting and take sips to charge up attack meters and temporarily boosts your attributes. It's a fun and quirky take on mobile 1 on 1 fighting games that requires fast reflexes and a bit of strategy. Your cup can only hold so much tea and getting hit causes you to spill some each time. And when things get desperate, you can always throw your tea in your opponent's face and bash him with your cup! Good Times!

Master of Tea Kung Fu was developed completely on my own and will be my first release. I have been a programmer for the last 15 years and it has been simply a joy to make. I was laid off as a tools developer for AMD way back in Oct 2012 and decided to try and make it as an indie. I estimated 1 year to finish this but it actually took 2 years. The biggest challenge was learning how to do the artwork and animations. It was my first time to model and rig a character with faces and creating the animations was a huge learning experience.

I should be available on the Apple AppStore now as a premium app. I decided not to post it on Google Play because they now require posting your business address which will be publicly displayed. As a business, I don't have an issue with this but because I work from home, I rather not go this route. I'm working on releasing through the Amazon App Store instead and it's in review right now. Hopefully it goes through.

Here's the trailer (developed with iMovie)

More information can be found here:

http://masterofteakungfu.com

I also have a dev blog that I started and discuss things that I have done while developing the game over the last year.

http://stanleytsang.net

Anyways, it's has been a really great experience. Lots of high and lots of low moments but I'm thrilled with the advancement I've made and look forward to my next project.

If you have and questions regarding development or the game itself, please post it here and I'll try respond.

Thanks

Stan

R-Lindsay and GarBenjamin like this.
  2. caldepen

caldepen

Congrats, looks real nice from the pics. I will have to wait to check it out as I am work. As far as the Google Play thing goes why not set up a rental box address that isn't your home address?

3. twntgr

twntgr

Thanks caldepen, I'm glad you like it. I was considering getting a PO Box but I believe it would be in violation of Google's terms. I still may try it. At worst they might remove your app or cancel your developer account.