Search Unity

Marian's Portfolio

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Marian2, May 20, 2015.

1. Marian2

Marian2

Hello,
    My name is Marian.
    I would like to share some of my works made using Unity3d here.
    All the stuff you will see here was tested on android mobile devices.
    Your comments are welcome.

F104 Starfighter - My Unity 5 beta test.

I've created this game model for AirConflict Vietnam back in 2012 and with the Reflections and PBR it looks really great even after the years. This scene runs terrific on my android mobile and is completly smooth with realtime reflections.

Oven - Unity 4.+

I've created this 3D oven based on real world model and it's been used for interactive and AR based aplications.

Food : Chicken - Unit y 4.+ , realtime, AR project (2014)

Food : Chicken - Unit 5.0 improvement , realtime, AR project (2015)

Washingmachine - Unity 4.+ , Realtime, AR project (2014)

I hope you like them. I'll upload more images shortly.

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  2. Marian2

Marian2

Dishwasher - AR animation and xray test , Unity 5 beta , realtime (ios) , augmented reality (AR) , (2014)

3. carking1996

carking1996

Show some screenshots! Game synopsis is also appreciated!

4. Marian2

Marian2

carking1996: Screens from the AR apps you mean? I can't post screens of the whole apps as long as they aren't available for public (which they aren't at the moment). All I can show are the screenshots of my work from Unity editor.

5. Marian2

Marian2

Washing machine - Unity 4.+, xray test , realtime (ios) , augmented reality (AR) , (2013/2014)

6. Marian2

Marian2

Models test - Unity 5 Beta , realtime, (2014)
    This is a collection of my older models which I tried in Unity 5 Beta to test the new look Unity makes possible to achieve. This scene wasn't tested on mobile device, but since the F104 was and the rest of the models is done the same way (even with less poly) I presume they all would run smoothly.

7. FreakForFreedom

FreakForFreedom

Oh man, that chicken with roasted potatoes of yours looks freaking amazing! You wouldn't have any wallpaper-sized image of it, would you? :D
    (Of course your other models look pretty slick, too. But the chicken.... nom nom)

8. Marian2

Marian2

FreakForFreedom : I'm working with models of food quite often. Imagine how hungry I get before lunchtime :D
    I'll post some more of them soon.
    I'm glad you like them.:)

2dchaos and FreakForFreedom like this.
  9. 2dchaos

2dchaos

Amazing work ;] Now I'm hungry too

10. Mar6

Mar6

Here is a screenshot from an augmented reality app that was run on iOS.

The scene was build on Unity 4.x back in 2014. I got my hands on the device where the screenshots are stored just recently. I hope you like the result even thou these days better results can be achieved.
    Making stuff look good on iOS while you work in windows is a real pain. Yet it never looks the same. Because of some issue with iOS builds the cubemaps are completely gone from the shader :(

11. Mar6

Mar6

Another view on the same scene, different version of iOS build.

12. Mar6

Mar6

Another augmented reality (AR) scene on the scene on iOS.
    ( you can see real environment merged with realtime 3d models)
    Created in Unity 4.x for mobile devices ( back in 2014).

13. sluice

sluice

That chicken just made me hungry!

14. Mar6

Mar6

That happens to me a lot when working with scenes like these. :D

15. Mar6

Mar6

Some early work with Unity 5 Beta.
    My first experiences with reflection probes ( which didn't work at all when build to android with the early Unity Beta versions). What you see are screenshots from the unity editor.
    I got that scene working on an android device much later so these screencaps are the best I've got at the time of creating this image sheet.

16. Mar6

Mar6

I was testing out some new stuff lately and a pretty nice goblet (chalice?) came out of it.
    So I went further and tested it on mobile devices.
    A 20 000 poly goblet with 4k textures and PBS was working really well on both Android and iOS devices!
    It had even a nice animation of light rotating around the scene .
    ( I forgot to turn off the skybox in the testing scene - sorry for the awful background)

pcg likes this.
  17. Mar6

Mar6

Augmented reality - goblet test .
    Unity 5, PBR, Working with webcam ( the marker is just a image opened on my computer screen ).
    After initial issues it works pretty well.
    Next step is to make it run on a mobile device.
    Fancy a drink? :)

18. pcg

pcg

Wow. Some beautiful work you got there.
    Love those goblets that you are showing on mobile.
    What are you using for those, skyshop, unity 5 standard shaders or something else ?
    Also what kind of frame rate do you get?

19. Mar6

Mar6

Hi there.
    I'm glad you like my work.
    - Well to preserve the looks from SubstancePainter I've imported one of its skyboxes into Unity, created a cube map out of it and used it for Skybox.
    - I use Unity5 standard shaders because I wanted to test the PBR on mobile devices in combination with the Enlighten system. That was a big issue until like the last update, because it simply didn't work on any of the testing devices I had access to (and it was like 9-10 smartphones and tablets).
    I didn't measure the frame rate, but it was pretty good on Sony Erickson Z1 Compact (no glitches). On Nvidias SHIELD Tablet it was all fluent. The light was animated to rotate around the goblet and the textures had 4k resolution in truecolor . :)

pcg likes this.
  20. pcg

pcg

Thanks for the detailed explanation.
    Nice to see what can be done with the Standard Shaders on mobile.
    I've had a little play with PBR on mobile but never got anywhere close to the quality of these and I was worried that mobile wasn't ready for PBR yet but looking at your screens I can see thats not the case.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Thanks.

21. Mar6

Mar6

Well , it's still not a straight forward build "what you see in editor is what you get on your device" style. (even thou from PBR I would expect it to finally work that way)
    A lot of testing is involved ...and sometimes it's just a matter of an bug in the software version you're using.That creates the most frustration - when it should work but doesn't.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  22. Mar6

Mar6

23. Mar6

Mar6

Yes! Realtime screen space reflections in combination with Augmented reality are working!
    (So far only on PC using webcam)