Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

MarbleJump - 2.5D Platformer WIP

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by xKroniK13x, Jun 28, 2012.

1. xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

After a decent bit of thinking, I am sadly going to revoke the ability to create custom marble from images. I did this due to copyright issues, I don't want users uploading copyrighted images and getting in trouble. I will instead add many more options. I'm hoping to have at least 20 marbles in to choose from, as well as unlockable ones.

Freshly coded: Perfected streaming music (added proper GUI and functions), ability to load save information from my server (marble selection, last level played, marble stat settings)

Next in line: Save to server automatically (any changes to your marble settings will instantly be saved, and everytime you complete a level, information will be stored. After that, unlockables will be put into place. These include extra stat points, more marble choices, and possibly additional level editor pieces (ice pieces, different textures).

I love the feedback from the community, very helpful! Maybe I'll put a slendermarble in and get some input. :rolleyes:

2. xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

Another project came up and I took a small break. Launched a website 12/23 after working for about 10 hours on it 12/22 (when I left this project). Doing well.

New AES encrypted user system
    Lots of GUI updates
    Added the ability to save private levels
    Added the ability to delete your own public levels
    Added the ability to rate levels you play
    Added marble selection screen
    Added stat selections
    Added server-side user saving (stat selections, marble selections)
    Started on unlockables (cannot see in this video)
    Background Music (streams from server)
    Background Music controls

Here's a video update.

3. elforama

elforama

Great job, keep up the good work. I want to give it a shot when you have another webplayer version available. The game overall looks nice except for one thing; the platforms that make up the levels seem too thin. They all appear to be two sided planes, it just seems a little low quality. I'd try making them thicker if possible.

4. xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

You know, you're the second one that actually suggested this. I think I can make them a bit thicker. Thanks for the suggestion! I will send you a PM with a webplayer link when I build it next!

5. xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

No visual updates today, but did get the save systems implemented. The stats now save server-side when you submit changes, as well as your marble choice. I also have it so that it saves which levels you have played so that your process in the 20 built in levels is tracked. Those auto-save as well. And I DO have these working for kongregate users as well. :)

6. xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

Everything is ready for launch... just need to finish the last few built-in levels!

7. xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

Well, it's published!
    http://www.kongregate.com/games/CM1993/marblejump

There's some GUI things that could look better, but that will come with time. The level editor will get more objects in the future as well, and I'll add unlockables. My servers store enough information for the unlockables, they just aren't in place yet. Hope yall enjoy.