Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Manor Construction Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by LuxUnity, Jun 28, 2012.

1. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Manor3 in upload:

2. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Manor3 ready in asset store!

3. Melchet

Melchet

Are there also double walls inside? For both interiour and exterior?

4. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Premade blocks are made in this way:

So you can match an interior wall with an exterior wall on the other side, or with a different interior wall kind.

5. Melchet

Melchet

Now my only consideration is when I stand side to a wall and turn my character. I can see the outside of an wall.

Is there an way to disable that?

6. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Try to change your camera frustum.

7. Melchet

Melchet

frustum means?

8. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Note that the near and far clip planes together with the planes defined by the field of view of the camera describe what is popularly known as the camera frustum. Unity ensures that when rendering your objects those which are completely outside of this frustum are not displayed. This is called Frustum Culling. Frustum Culling happens irrespective of whether you use Occlusion Culling in your game.
    http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/class-Camera.html

9. paulojsam

paulojsam

can you make a webplayer of the map of the package please

10. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Hi,
    This is the demo scene in the package. The manor asset is made by modular pieces so this is only an example, you'll can build infinite different manor stages.

manor no bake

Press F to open door.

Actually I have technical issues and so I'm using an old pc without enough space to calculate light baking. To see the manor with the nice unity lights see the images on asset store.

11. derf

derf

Can we get circular rooms like how some mansions have turrets? Is there a way to do that now in the current asset?

12. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

No.

13. derf

derf

OK, thank you. Any future updates you may be thinking about?

14. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

No, the problem is that circular form match very bad with modular pieces and tileable textures.

15. derf

derf

I understand that, I was just wondering if you were working on any OTHER ideas with this asset?

16. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Right now I don't have any project about it.

17. derf

derf

I am noticing many pieces; after snapping them together, there are black lines, dots or slight gaps with some of the pieces like the 1 corner in the floor tile, ceiling tile and the wall paper do not seem to line up at all correctly with other pieces. the 2x wall piece from the Room folder as well. Not all are like this but I included two images to show these.

Not sure if this is a version problem with Manor kit 3; I am using Unity version 5.3.4 and I have re-imported 3 times including creating a new project to test.

Manor kit 2 does not have this problem and I have re-imported and tested with new projects. Only Manor Kit 3 seems to have this problem.

Is anyone else seeing this? Is there a setting I need to change before import? Something I need to do after the import?

Thank you.

Attached Files:

18. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Manor3 have new materials, textures, new uvs and windows mesh. Everything else is like Manor2, so geometry is the same.

Unity 5.3.4 just import the asset in a new empty 3d project:

19. derf

derf

I finally got back to testing this and I have found a couple prefabs that no matter how I try to snap them to vector they leave small gaps between them.

In Prefab / Interior / Marble Floor/ Paper there is room_2x4_I_window. and in the 90 degree folder prefab room_corner_in_doorL_windowR has the same problem. There are a couple others but those two I checked multiple times.

In Version 2 (the non PBR mansion pieces), this problem does not exist.

Can you check this? Any ideas?

20. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Ok, I figure out the problem. It is comma unity problem. Some time when you snap or move in a precise position, unity instead to give a nice transform value like 2.5 change it in 2.500349 or something like that. Click on the elements inside the prefab that have gaps, and look at the transform values, if the values is a nice number like 2.5 (or use the previous manor values as reference), it is right, if instead have strange value like 2.500349, fix the value to the most close value (2.5) and save the prefab again.

Values usually are like: 0, 2.5, -2.5, 1,25, and so on...

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  21. derf

derf

Thanks LuxUnity.

That seems to be the problem. So far though not all seem to have this problem which is a good thing.

Not sure why Version 2 is fine but Version 3 is all jacked up.

While it will slow me down a little during the level design with the PBR asset version, it is still a GREAT asset!

22. derf

derf

Another big important question.

How do I use the attic prefab attic_stairsL_corner? Can you show a pic of how we can use it? The floor tiles are offset so I cannot have it in a corridor. Seems like it is supposed to be in a large room but I was looking to have this in a second or third story corridor of a mansion. There are two or three other attic stair prefabs that are similar as well. What is the best approach in using them? Thanks.

23. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Open the demo scene of the asset, this room use attic_stairsL_corner

24. kihara_g

kihara_g

Hi LuxUnity,
    I just bought your asset from asset store and I have some problem with your asset.
    On the asset store page, inside store package Review, I saw that one of your materials was error or whatever (I'm not sure).
    That material is under this path:
    ~/manor/materials/interior/new_glass.mat

I thought it's just something wrong on asset store but when I import the asset into my project, it was pink as which showed on asset store and I don't know how to figure out it.
    Can you show me how to fix it? atm I pretty sure that the asset was missed something... Btw, I using Unity 2017.3.1p1 pro ver.
    I know this hard but please reply me ASAP.
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

25. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Thank you for this information! I'm uploading a fix right now (asset store will take some days to make it operative), but if you need it now, private message me your email and I'll send you the fix.

26. kihara_g

kihara_g

Thanks for your quick reply.
    We think we will wait until the asset uploaded to the store.

27. derf

derf

I got this issue with the navmesh baking. Any ideas why this pieces are not allowing a continuous navmesh on the hall prefabs?

Attached Files:

28. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

It is strange, with the same setting I get this:

29. CRUMVIII

CRUMVIII

Would you per chance have a step by step guide on how to assign the scripts to the doors?

30. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

In prefab > general folder you can find various doors with that script already setup.

31. CRUMVIII

CRUMVIII

But, don't you need to do something to the player character to interact with the doors? Since just walking up to them and pressing F didn't seem to work for me.

Edit: Nevermind. Silly me. I didn't have my player's tag set to player. Works now. ^_^;

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019