Search Unity

Male base 1/Fem base 1 RPG starter and UMA Multipurpopse Avatar

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Deleted User, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hey Shawn67. Yes. No problem. This is the default UMA face. Only the texture/Overlay was changed. Still works the same.

2. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Very cool! So the pig nose and elf ears that come with UMA would work fine with something like that?

3. Teila

Teila

Those are fabulous! I was hoping you were making "different" faces. I think they look like elderly humans and I love them. They will be wonderful for NPCs or players that might like to play elders. Perfect!

Now, how about some very young looking faces, like a teen or preteen? UMA is so great that you could actually make kids with it for NPCs. The regular UMA faces work but some softer faces might be nice. Can't wait to see your old man face! :) Of course, it must have one of your beards.

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  4. hopeful

hopeful

Will the beards fit on the different face meshes?

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

@Shawn67 Yep. Will work fine.

@Teila I'll see what I can do. Right now, using this option, the face numbers would need to be input manually, then saved if you want to use custom characters, skin etc, since UMA doesn't modify the face only, but the whole character.
    So basically, I'd do up all the textures, then give you the slider inputs/numbers to mimic what I've created.

@hopeful The beards would fit since it's the same default UMA face mesh.

Will have a couple more to show in the next few days.

6. Teila

Teila

That will work, Will. :) I can also play with the sliders myself, not too difficult but having the numbers to imitate yours would be handy.

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

Fem Bar 6 (Going to refit some parts for the male as well):

Bar6 1.png Bar6 2.png Bar6 3.png

Teila and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  8. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

VERY Nice! Loving the look of the barbarian pack Will! Uhm.. Is it done yet? heheh

9. Deleted User

Deleted User

Not yet Shawn67 :) Few more days. Probably end of next week.

10. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

lol.. No rush. My dev budget is busted for this month anyways. But barbarian pack looks like something that is definitely getting added to my toolbox once it is released and funds are there! lol

Keep up the AWESOME work!

11. Deleted User

Deleted User

Fem Bar 2 (loin cloth bar 3). Playing around with 2 cutout shaders for upper and lower colors ( UMA Asset Store version).Using a separate shader for slots, separates them into different atlas maps on play.

F_Bar 2.png

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2015
  12. Teila

Teila

Hmm, not sure that top would stay on her, you know? Not my favorite, I must say. I guess she buys that body tape from Walmart, huh? ;)

13. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Yup.. I doubt I'd use that one.. I think Fem Bar 6 is my favorite so far out of the female ones. Would love to see more of the northern Scandinavian or Celtic or even American Indian type looks for a race that lives closely off the land and in more nature-based communities. Never have really been a big fan of the super skimpy type clothing in games. Kinda gets to a point of why wear anything at all question. lol

Love the separation of atlas maps and color change abilities being built in though.. (What little there was to color... *hides from Will* heheh)

14. hopeful

hopeful

Would it be possible to add a bikini-ish overlay (underlay?) to that last one? Surely she would prefer some bright silk under that leather.

Teila likes this.
  15. hopeful

hopeful

All 3 of those sound great. I can appreciate trying to go for a non-ethnic style, but sometimes completely non-ethnic turns out to be less usable. Mixing in a few ethnic pieces can help.

There's also room, I'd think, for African and Polynesian styled pieces. (Would be good to have some African / Polynesian hair, too.)

16. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Totally agree.. I just threw those three out because they were the first three that jumped into my head.. Basically any tribal type civilization would work. I think for me, I'm kinda stuck seeing EQ barbarians whenever I hear barbarian in games. Or think of the tribes in the R.A. Salvatore novels up in the north where Drizzt first meets the dwarf.. (darnit.. forget his name.. it has been so long since I read those books... lol)

I guess the African or Polynesian style I would think of more along the lines with Amazonians. Still barbarianish I guess, but in my mind when I think barbarian, I think colder climate. But in reality, probably all the same. lol

17. hopeful

hopeful

When I think "barbarian," I think Conan ... but also Tarzan, headhunters, Picts, pre-Roman Goths, Native Americans, Aztecs / Maya / Inca, Eskimo, and so on. Lots of styles to choose from. :)

Grass skirts, large tablet type headpieces, beadwork, leather fringe, furs, cloaks, hoods, caps, belts, feathers, the ol' bone-in-nose, torcs, arm bands, bracelets, bracers, necklaces, etc.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  18. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Awesome list! Get to work Will! Hopeful just gave you the task list for this set! :p *hides* heheh

hopeful likes this.
  19. Deleted User

Deleted User

The Bar 2 is just a refit of the male version. The top was just change for the fem since the male is only a strap. Will do up a bra for it.

As to all the other stuff, that would have to go in pack 2 down the road. This one is 2 refits away from completion then on to the next. These are really just Barbarian starter outfits ie. tier 1/level 1 (hence all the lack of armor).

I'll be doing some full blown barbarian armor later with more fur, metal, belts etc.. Will keep your suggestions in mind.

Teila likes this.
  20. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

lol.. I was just mainly giving you a hard time Will. But awesome to hear about pack 2 (and maybe more) coming down the road. I imagine that will be after the fantasy break and when you are ready for a sci fi break? I'm glad you are giving me enough variety to scoop up as my budget allows while you are working on the sci fi stuff.. heh

21. Deleted User

Deleted User

Nice :) Yeah. Will be after all the stuff I mentioned previously. I've also thought of doing a creature pack this morning, so that will be another pack coming sometime soon (Trolls, Golems, fire golems, Tree spirits, etc).

There's a lot of choice and opportunity to explore some ideas and get some useful items done. Everyone's suggestions definitely help in refining the assets.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2015
  22. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

NICE! Any chance of a fae pack with wings (and/or horns/tails for the evil ones) after the sci fi pack? Hoping to have some fae type playable characters at some point to add to the elves in my world. But would love to see pixie, nymph, satyr, harpies, merfolk, etc. Would also love one of lycanthorpes - cat people, wolf people, rat people, etc at some point if you get adventurous enough to mix some human and animal type models. Basically human bodies with animal heads, paws, tails, and fur options. :)

23. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yep. Already thought of the lycanthropes, the others I'll keep in mind.

Fem Bar starter 1 and Fem bar starter 2. (Added an overlay leather hide bra.)

F_Bar 1.png F_Bar 2final.png

24. Teila

Teila

Yay! If you make the bra a separate slot, we can use it with or without the straps. :)

Edit: Oops, posted after you did. Still a nice slot that ties in the back would be nice. :)

25. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yeah. It's actually just a quick overlay. No slot. I'll tweak it a bit before submitting so it extends to the back for wearing separately.

bra overlay.png

BackwoodsGaming and Teila like this.
  26. Teila

Teila

Thanks, would be nice if it covered the breast on the left side. I realize this is cool gaming art, but with game ratings, it might be important that it covers what it needs to cover. At least an option if nothing else. :) I have my barbarian ladies in nothing but a loincloth...lol...but I think that would ruin our rating.

27. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

You rock, Will! Hopefully you will get enough of us buying stuff to keep you making stuff for a while! Love that we finally have an artist creating a variety of stuff for UMA! I know we have a couple others out there, but none nearly dedicated to it making a variety of stuff available to us!

hopeful likes this.
  28. Deleted User

Deleted User

@Teila The PG version. Got it. Will do. It does cover most of the breast now though.

@Shawn67 Thanks. Yep. I plan on doing a lot of stuff up in the next few months.

Teila likes this.
  29. Teila

Teila

It looks like it is missing a part on the left side but that might just be because I can't see the picture clearly. Thanks!

30. Deleted User

Deleted User

Just an update. One male refit left, then it will be submitted (next couple of days). Will be finishing up the zombie after that.

31. Deleted User

Deleted User

Barbarian Starter pack is submitted (should be up in a few days).

Teila and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  32. Deleted User

Deleted User

Testing the MB1 Wolf armor refit with the Undead and a Grunge overlay (still needs tweaks):

Undead armor test.png

33. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

almost looks too bright and shiny for an undead.. heheh Have you heard anything back on the Barbarian Pack submission? I've been watching for it.. :)

34. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yeah. You can only do so much with the grunge overlay. It should look a bit grungier once I tweak it. The grunge pack will be separate with a possible blood decal pack.

No word back yet. It was submitted on the weekend, so probably tomorrow or a few more days if all goes well.

35. Deleted User

Deleted User

Just to let everyone know, I'm moving and won't have internet for about a week after Feb 1st. Will try to check my email and get you guys some updates between then.

36. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

UGH! I hate moving.. Totally feel for you, man. Good luck with the move and thanks for letting us know. You are one of the publishers who posts a lot with updates. We may have gone into panic mode that you abandoned UMA if you hadn't warned us... :p

Teila likes this.
  37. virror

virror

Most likely : D

38. Deleted User

Deleted User

Bar starter pack is up.

cyby89 and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  39. Deleted User

Deleted User

UMA M_Zombie 2:

zomb2_1.png zomb2_2.png zomb2_3.png

40. Deleted User

Deleted User

MB1 Peasant 1 (will be refit for fem and also UMA):

preview 1.png preview 2.png preview 3.png

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2015
    BackwoodsGaming and cyby89 like this.
  41. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

42. Teila

Teila

Love the peasant outfit! Hope you will consider doing a peasant dress for the female.

43. Deleted User

Deleted User

For the peasants I'll be doing them separate. I also have a few upper class/middle class clothing done as well that needs a refit.

Free bandana:

preview 1.png preview 2.png

Teila likes this.
  44. Teila

Teila

Love the bandana! Will it work on females?

45. Deleted User

Deleted User

@Teila Yes. A fem peasant dress will be done as well.

No. bandana won't work on fems atm. I'll do a quick refit of it.

Teila likes this.
  46. virror

virror

Yay for the peasant outfit! No more starter chars running around in their underwear : D

47. Deleted User

Deleted User

Free bandana is submitted.

48. Teila

Teila

Thank you!

49. Deleted User

Deleted User

Fem Zombie 1 High poly:

fem zombie 1 high polyfull.png

50. Deleted User