Search Unity

Make my first game, Need Pong tips.

Discussion in '2D' started by Unemploid, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Unemploid

Unemploid

Without going into detail, I want to make a Pong game with a different aesthetic and game options but right now I'm just going to work on the most basic idea of Pong. One of my concerns is that my photoshop isn't working so I was hoping that I can make simple pixels in Unity. Any tips in scripting, scoring, movement, and sizing would be appreciated. Basically, if I have a problem that I can't solve, I was hoping that this post would have the answer I was looking for. Thanks, I really appreciate it.

PS I also know that Unity needs to be in 2D mode.

2. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Unity isn't a texture editor. I'd suggest you get your Photoshop working, but if for some reason you can't, use a different app (Gimp is free). You can make do with the built-in primitives without using textures, but you'll need to have the ability to create textures sooner or later. There's no particular reason why Unity needs to be in 2D mode...it's just a different scene view option that can make 2D manipulation easier, but that's all. It doesn't change the way Unity fundamentally works or anything; it's always a 3D engine.

--Eric

3. Unemploid

Unemploid

Thanks I'll get gimp. Been looking online about how to import textures. I hope it's as easy as it looks...