Search Unity

Make Head Move With Camera

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by jamesman, Jan 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesman

jamesman

I'm assuming you all of heard of minecraft. The head on the character follows the camera but the body stays still until the camera rotates enough. I wanted to do the same thing with my mesh where the mouse controls the head movement but wasd controls the walking and turning of the character. I am fairly new to c# and don't even know were to start. I do know how to make the camera move by the mouse and also clamp the rotation so you cant do back flips with the camera. I guess that's a start, thanks in advance.

2. obviously_michael

obviously_michael

so ik this is and old post but ye you could actualy just add your camera moving script inside of your characters head bone or body part and then replace the transform of the player body to your characters head body part simple!! but make sure you have two different scripts and one should be in the normal camera position while another one should be in the head of the character all controlled by your Mouse Y and Mouse X input.

3. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

Acknowledging that you're necroing a post doesn't stop it being a necro. Please don't necro 7+ year old posts to a user who hasn't posted in 5 years. The thread is obsolete.

See: Community Code of Conduct

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.