Search Unity

MadMan(Artur G.) Assets Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Mad-Man, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

!!!!!2020 ANNOUCEMENT!!!!!!

Hey guys!

All packages will be updated to Unity 2020 version within next 4 weeks - will do my best to update asap. Once it is done I will post an info here.

With updates new content will visit my Asset Store page ;)

Here is a questionnaire for you guys - help create content that will work best for you!
    https://goo.gl/forms/ny4kAvxdrMMOlqnP2

Cheers!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  2. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

I would like top down versions of your environments such as the bunker and old manor.

3. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Honestly it would be very easy to use current packcages for top-down games. In fact I only have to add a few more segments (that ones that are closed from the top need opened versions) and that is all ;) I will add top-down examples in future updates, but first I need to finish "Ghost Town Pack".

4. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

The bunker looks amazing! Can't wait to see the ghost town pack!

5. Renegade

Renegade

I want to buy it to use in unreal engine 4 can you export them so I can import them easily in unreal 4? I will buy both then :)

6. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Renegade - I've replied to your email :)

Eyehawk - thanks. I will put some work in progress stuff on my blog this evening.

7. Renegade

Renegade

Anyways I bought the bunker from Unity asset store so will try that one first and it if works then will buy the manor one also.

8. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Renegade, if you are using UE but you're familiar with Unity you can build scenes in Unity and use export obj tool to transfer them into unreal. Quite tricky but you will avoid tons of prefabing inside UE... but honestly if you want to create your project proffesionally - you should prefab everything inside engine you're using.

9. primus88

primus88

Hey Mad-Man,

Are all the environments used in your horror game?
    Also, you are a bit late man :( Just sent my game to Steam this morning... Would've love to update my haunted manor environment. Can you tell me if I can make changes to the build now and add them as updates when the game is launched?

Also, how is your game going? Haven't seen the Episode 3... :(

10. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Hi primus! In case of HM it's a bit tricky at the moment as I don't own this game anymore...

From what I know you can modify anything you want in updates on steam so noone should cry if you will make it look better or just different. I guess.

EDIT: and no, only manor was used in HM and it was changed a lot

11. primus88

primus88

Ah... interesting changes.
    Well then, as soon as I get home I will update the package, to see what goodies await. Also, the bunker thing looks really nice. As usual, high quality work!

12. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Eyehawk likes this.
  13. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Just sharing some GhostTown wip screenshots... tell me what you think!

Gozdek likes this.
  14. primus88

primus88

I like it! Curious how optimized the final product will be.

15. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

:D
    It's looking great !! Love these new assets ! :)

16. Rico21745

Rico21745

Really digging your assets. Any chance you'll be creating texture atlases for these? They really help a ton with performance & draw call optimization.

17. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Oh man, I was supposed to wait until the end of the month before getting the bunker :eek:, but dangit, it was just too good - just bought :D

18. peter_rodrigues

peter_rodrigues

Do you have an estimated time frame for your ghost town pack?

19. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Yep, finished that one today, uploading preview video at the moment. Tomorrow I will create mesh colliders and submit packcage. I will post final screenshots and movie today.

One more thing - submiting dropped prices for Manor and Bunker (70% Off) till Ghost Town release on asset store :) So you will be able to buy Manor for 30$ and Bunker for 15$ very soon. After Ghost Town gets live - I will submit regular prices.

20. Rico21745

Rico21745

:) Definitely grabbing Bunker and Ghost Town. Any reply on the texture atlas question by the way? It really does help performance a ton!

21. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Rico - I'm always atlasing objects per material (wooden elements, metal elements, small props etc.), so usually in my packs you have three, four big atlases + tiled textures for walls, floors etc. I will post render statistics for Ghost Town later ( clamped 70fps, up to 2500k drawcalls, 8k batched ;)).

Aaaand upload finished. No idea what happend, but my latest vids after YT compression are glitching a little bit in a few random moments. No idea why... anyway - here it is:

EDIT: Forgot to write that up to 2.5k drawcalls on default "Fantastic" quality settings. That means shadows from all lights (even point lights) and whole foliage visible.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
    Rico21745 likes this.
  22. Rico21745

Rico21745

Thanks for the reply. I've just noticed some artists don't use atlases so I always ask.

Looks fantastic and a perfect fit for my project :) Any chance we could have a look at the house/building interiors? Either way, can't wait to see this on the Asset Store. Keep on making this type of stuff, you'll get high demand at least from me!

23. peter_rodrigues

peter_rodrigues

Thanks. I actually just bought the bunker for full price. I should have waited lol but its totally worth the full price. Thanks mate.

24. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

I'm the one who says "thanks"!

Sale just started, and I have one day delay in submitting Ghost Town. I feel that more people will get lucky than expected ;)

25. AGaming

AGaming

Thank you for a discount and for a wonderful asset HE - The Bunker MegaPack v.1 15$) The last time I was able to optimize your home for mobile devices)

Так как судя по видео вы с России, спасибо вам за скидку :) У вас очень хорошие активы, кстати а почему вы сняли Слендера с продажи?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  26. wana7262

wana7262

hi dude, what are the drawcalls on mobile devices after your optimization? i will look forward to buy it if it will run smooth on most of devices and will add this map into my Mobile FPS game...!!!

27. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

AGaming - finally somebody found out how to use manor on mobiles, and it didn't took too much time, right? ;) If you will post some more detail so others will be able to make it - I will post it on my blog (if you don't mind ofcourse).

And unfortunately I'm not from Russia - I'm from Poland, but I love your country and Russian music. Anyway, it's almost the same way of thinking, right? ;) Ough, I've took slender out from Asset Store cause I've sold rights to this projects so I can't sell parts of it on my own. Long story...

28. AGaming

AGaming

The game was made in the last year, to optimize the I spent not more than a week. What would it worked perfectly on Android and IOS. And yes. This is one of my first games where I only just learned to work with Unity3D

And you can still make another model Slender, I'd love to buy it from you?

Mad-Man - I do not mind.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  29. LiveWire

LiveWire

I'm looking at your Abandoned Manor pack. The screenshots look great but it's really hard to judge just what it is I would be buying. Some shots of the individual assets (like what you have done with the lamps) would be great, as would some wire frames and polycounts.

30. peter_rodrigues

peter_rodrigues

So now that your Ghost town pack is released (I plan on getting it sometime within the next week) Whats next for you? Do you have any ideas of what youre going to be working on next?

31. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Yep, Ghost Town just releaed ( I will post link in first post soon). I've submitted regular prices for all packcages, so you have two, three last days of dropped prices ;)

peter_rodrigues - I'm thinkg about China Town, like in latest Hitman. In fact I have gathered references already :) Remember that I'm still waiting for cummunity propositions, so feel free to share any ideas you have!

LiveWire - there are too many assets to show them off indyvidually (and I don't want to create 50 images gallery for each pack). My goal is to keep whole level around 2500 drawcalls with all dynamic lights and keep framerate around 70fps on my machine. That means that XBox360 should run my packs smoothly (my PC isn't a rocket). So what you get is a whole modular set of objects with example level that shows you how to create maps for your own game with my assets. As it stands in all descriptions - it is designed for modern PCs and Consoles. That should tell you a lot in case polycounts and texture sizes. Anyway you can see above that people even use them on mobiles after some optimisations, so... it's all up to you :)

PS - I forgot to include door and window handles in Ghost Town :D Sorry for that, update on the way.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  32. wana7262

wana7262

u should release the optimized version of ur assets for mobile...!!!!

33. Hamesh81

Hamesh81

Could you please release webplayer demos of your packages? Your projects look fantastic but it's difficult to get an idea of exactly what is included just from images. I am interested in your Abandoned Manor in particular, does this come also with an exterior or is it an interior only scene?

34. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Just got an email from Unity:

"HE - Abandoned Manor MegaPack v.2 (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/8429) will be the 24 Hour Deal on September 20, 2014 at 85% off."

What a luck for you - two sales of the same packcage in almost one month XD

Hamesh81 - only interior, this set is designed for "corridor" type levels, but you can use ghost town to create manor exterior (all my packcages are built in the same way, so you can use them together and everything should fit well); webplayer? sounds cool, I have to check if my shaders are supported.

EDIT: as old preview for manor was removed, I've prepared new one.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  35. AGaming

AGaming

A small cutting from the game, with the help of your Asset - iPad.

Кстати, был сильно удивлен что при низких показателях, она при активации освещения в реальном времени, сильно грузит планшет и телефон :) Но в принципе это поправимо. И еще очень не хватает, каких нибудь рычажков, и щитовых. Было бы замечательно все это увидеть в обновлении.

И еще вопрос, вы делаете модели монстров на заказ, с анимацией? Если да, дайте знать мне.

36. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Thanks AGaming for sharing - next good example of mobile usage of my packs :)

And yes - I'm also creating content ( environment and characters) on behalf so feel free to contact me via e-mail in any case.

Btw today I will post some early screenshots from abandoned hospital pack that I'm working on at the moment, so stay tuned ;) Also I'm thinkg about small sale of Ghost Town before releasing the hospital... we will see.

One more thing AGaming. I have plan to release stand alone packcage with buttons, switches, leavers, handles etc etc. Thanks to that you will not have to buy whole pack cause it contains one button you need, but you would like to use it in a different place. Same applies to rubbish stuff - I will release big pack with decals, cans, trushes and so.

37. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Okey, promised hospital WIP screenshots. Still tons of work ahead of me... I think that after this one I will take care about tutorial section of my website ;)

florianalexandru05 likes this.
  38. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

The hospital looks AWESOME!!! I will definitely be buying that when my kickstarter is finished.

By the way feel free to have a look - it uses the HE Mansion assets. I can't wait to add the hospital ones in! ;)

Kickstarter Link

39. peter_rodrigues

peter_rodrigues

So Awesome. Please though, If youre doing a hospital/Asylyum, please try to include a morgue. I see that is something missing from a lot of hospital assets. Im sure you already have everything outlined on what youre including but its just something to think about.

hopeful likes this.
  40. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

peter - consider it's done. I will create morgue, but you will have to add corpses on your own :D

41. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Finally... This time it's not only art packcage, also you will get physic based player controller and advanced camera look script + bonus ambience and a few sfx's (nothing special, I've made them myself so... XD).

42. Keitaro3660

Keitaro3660

OMG!!!!!!!!!
    this super QUALITY asset just for 15$!!!!

i'm not a horror game fans (prefer cute thing), really aren't planning to make any horror game, and i don't know anything about making a 3D game because i started with unity2d 2 month ago. but this awesome asset, the awesome cut pric, awesome AAA quality and size, is really makes me want to buy it!! >.<

and OMG, the asset is REALLY SCARYYYY!!! i don't thing i'm able to make game with this amazingly horror and scary looking (in a good way) asset XD i'm scarredy cat! this asset is NICELY DONE!!

*but anyway, i'm planning to learn 3D game for future Virtual Reality Oculus game. looks like we really will be leave behind if we don't start learning 3D. this asset will be perfect to feel immersive in oculust right?? have you tried VR using this asset?

43. Rico21745

Rico21745

The models look great for the new hospital asset but one suggestion I would make is to make the doorways and hallways/rooms in general a little wider. Right now everything looks very cramped and I could see many games made with it suffering from it in terms of gameplay

44. AGaming

AGaming

Fine, I'm looking forward to this asset to try it.

And one of these days I'll get in touch with you about the models.

45. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Hi mates! Thanx for kind words and your support - awesome!

Okey, so hospital is finally out, really glad you like it.

Rico - you are right, I've added wide transitions without doors. Therefore notice that in this packcage I've used really high ceiling (it's inspired by our post-comunist buildings in Poland), so overall feeling is beeing surrounded by high walls and narrow doors. Yea, our old hospitals are creepy :D

Keitaro - no experience with occulus here, but some people used manor in occulus based game and works fine.

AGaming - best way is to e-mail me. See contact section on my website ;)

One more thing to say people - UNREAL ENGINE 4 VERSIONS of all my packs soon. Porting bunker at the moment...

Ough, and one more question - any ideas for next packcage topic? Any requestes? ;)

46. peter_rodrigues

peter_rodrigues

Very nice. Thanks for all the work you do.

As for suggestions, if you want to continue your horror themed assets you can probably go for an abandoned school or a church/cemetery for indoors or if you want a horror themed outdoor environment you could try for an amusement park. Just imagine how creepy a house of mirrors would be.

47. Xeethrax

Xeethrax

It would be really awesome if you made an outside view of the manor (ie, the building). I'd personally buy it as a separate package :)

48. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Finally there are first screenshots from UE4 version of bunker:

http://www.mad-man.eu/blog/unreal-engine-4-the-bunker-wip/

I've submitted this pack already - we will see how it is with epics market place submission process ;)

Back to Unity. Thanks for sharing your thoughts guys! As it stands in my blog post now I will take care of top-down kit that will allow you to use my packs in this kind of games, then I will create manor exterior and abandoned school. Looks like a lot of work to do, so... stay tuned :>

49. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

PLease release the Hospital to UE4 too!!!!

50. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Devision4 - I have plan to release all packcages on UE MarketPlace. Bunker is a pilot one - if community will be responsive, I will continue my work with UE4 further :)

By the way I'm not sure if there is need of special "Top-Down Kit". Each packcage, if used properly, can work for top-down title without a problem...

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014