Search Unity

MadMan(Artur G.) Assets Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Mad-Man, Jul 26, 2014.

1. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Hi, great! Is it complicated to adapt the asset for unreal? So if I purchase the unity asset would I get it some way into unreal?!

2. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Devision4 - unfortunately it's quite complicated ;/ Putting bunker into UE took me almost whole week! Collision approach is completly different, so almost all collision hulls has to be created from scratch (unreal doesn't support non compound colliders). In addition physical based lightning in unreal needs a few more textures that aren't needed in unity (metal and roughness masks). Finally for unreal I had to create second UV (in Unity I'm not using it as I don't use lightmaps) and that took quite long. I know there is an auto atlas tool in UE, but as I'm reimporting assets quite commong it's easier for me to create UV in 3d software - don't need to mark same checkbox a few times ;)

So, it's really time consuming. I'm waiting for epic and community response on bunker. If everything will work fine, I will take care about all my packs and port them to UE. In meantime you have to wait a little bit longer or spend a few long days porting them.

3. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Ah ok thats indeed complicated :D

Is your bunker on trello for vote? I will go and vote it

4. THoeppner

THoeppner

Hey Mad-Man,

I bought the bunker package lately and I'm really satisfied with it.

But I discovered a minor problem when I want to make the small door useable. The backside of the hinge isn't visible if the door is closed. But if the player opens the door the backside becomes visible. I'm thinking you deleted the faces of the backside for performance reasons but in this situation it is a little bit overdone. Hope the picture shows you the problem.

Attached Files:

5. Xeethrax

Xeethrax

Awesome! Keep up the good work, Sir.

6. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

THoeppner - ha! A bug! Thanks for sharing! I'll submit update today.

Devision4 - yep, just showed up :) MarketPlace trello can be found here, it's in the environment roll: https://trello.com/b/x2AEJP0x/ue4-marketplace-submissions

EDIT: fixes for bunker hinge backfaces and hospital serialization issue submited, also remember that in case of hospital all you need to do is to simple delete lines that are causing errors (they are releted to unity serializer from my other project)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  7. paulharrington

paulharrington

Hey Mad-Man really admire your work.. They look awesome.. Was wondering if you are having a 70% sale anytime soon again?

8. THoeppner

THoeppner

Wow, that was a fast bug fixing. Thanks.

9. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

paulharrington - I think next month I will drop a pack or two for a few days ;)
    THoeppner - you're welcome!

Meantime...

Visit my blog for more info ;)

10. RoTru

RoTru

Hey Madman! The videos look great but my asset looks nothing like that using the "example rim shaders". When I load the example level most of the textures are *extremely* dark. When I load default "rim shader" textures into my own projects the floors, banisters, stairs, etc.. Are all abnormaly dark, almost pitch black. Any idea why?

When I set it to standard diffuse shader it looks fine... This is with Pro

11. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

RoTru - if you are using DX11 - that's the case. My shaders support only DX9. I'll update that soon. Give me a sign if that was a case.

Guys, some asked about next sales so here you go. HALOWEEN PARTY AND AFTERPARTY - all packs for 10$ till end of november. Incoming sci-fi packcage during November will also be for 10 bucks only. New image in first post :>

12. RoTru

RoTru

Ah hah! You're right I turned off DX11 and they're working now, bit of a bummer though because some of my assets are DX11 only :eek:

13. ivendar

ivendar

Wow. Fantastic work. ;)

14. THoeppner

THoeppner

Damn, I already bought one of the assets :mad:

But the others are mine now, too :D

15. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Hello guys! Just want to say that "Steve" pointed one thing regarding abandoned hospital - there is one missin script (that's why lights aren't blinking on your side). Fix submitted, waiting for review - don't forget to update! I also fixed near clip distance for player camera, so now you don't put your head trough doors and so ;)

Also keep in mind that after this "mega long sale" I will keep regular prices for a few months. Just to encoruage undecided ones ;)

16. almabstracta

almabstracta

Hi! I bought Abandoned Manor pack a few months ago, and I'm interested in Hospital, Bunker and Ghost Town packs as well (especially now, in the "Halloween Afterparty" ;)) , but I think it would be nice if you create some tutorials, because your assets need some specific configurations, and it's difficult to set up them with other assets.

If you could share with us the optimal configuration to work with your assets step by step, I'll buy them this week for sure.

PD: support for ProGrids and Skyshop planned?

17. peter_rodrigues

peter_rodrigues

Hi Mad-Man. I was wondering if the example scenes that you provide with your packages are okay to use in commercial use if ever do get that far with my project? For example, the Hospital. I have been using the example scene as a foundation and added a bunch of hallways and rooms and different floors but I do have the original example scene in there.

18. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

peter_rodrigues - you are free to use my packs in both - free and commercial use and that's about ALL contents inside of them. So answer is - yes :) Only thing you can't do is to re-sell my packs as your own or as a sub-license. In case of games/apps/movies etc etc you are free to go. License is permanent - so you don't have to buy one asset a few times for each project separetly.

I think I should create FAQ page on my blog ;)

almabstracta - I'll do my best to prepare tutorial with unity configuration that suits my packs best (mainly it's about snapping settings and some tools to adjust objects fast). Can't promise I'll do that tut NOW, but I'll try really soon :)

ProGrids - don't think so. I prefer to use hand-crafted brushes inside of each engine (even unreal, hate BSP), so I'm even not familiar with ProGrids. Anyway I don't think that it would be really hard use my assets in ProGrid scene. Just my guess.

Skyshop - YES! And quite soon. At the moment I'm playing with it. As soon as I'll finish all additional textures (needed by physically based shading) - I'll submit updates for all packs.

19. Kridsadar

Kridsadar

Oppz, I already purchased your assets for UE4. T_T

20. Danz112

Danz112

I'd just recommend a support for the Linear Color Space. Lighting gets weird

21. OnePxl

OnePxl

ProGrids is just a better grid placement system than Unity's built-in grid snap.

Any news on the Sci-Fi pack? I bought all your other packs already, but I'm *really* waiting for the Sci-Fi pack!

22. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

OnePxl - as always I've took too much things on my back this month. I want sci fi pack to be really good cause it's my frist non urban pack and it simple takes me weeks! Also I have epic on my shoulders, bunker for marketplace should be uploaded but I'm still not ready XD Anyway, if sci-fi pack would not make it before end of mega-sale I will launch this pack with lowered price (10 bucks) for one week. Word is a word, you will be able to get new pack for 10 bucks as I've promised.

Anyway things are taking too much time lately, I have to figure out something that will allow me to release promised packs on time or even earlier ;)

Hormic likes this.
  23. OnePxl

OnePxl

Thanks, that's really cool. I appreciate it. I agree you should make the sci-fi pack really good! :D Good luck and take your time!

24. almabstracta

almabstracta

I bought all your packages the first week of november as I said, and I'll buy your sci-fi pack too, for sure. I'll be waiting for further documentation in order to use them in my projects, but I'm really satisfied with your work.

Edit. Ps: I apologise for my ignorance, but why is completely necesary ussing deferred shading and umbra occlusion?

Ps 2: Have you tested compatibility with Candela SSRR: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/15851

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  25. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

almabstracta - PS1: it's not necesary but strongly recommended due lights and objects count used by my systems ;) In other words it's harder to get good FPS in forward (not to mention vertex lit) mode. PS2: nope, at the moment I'm thinking and working with skyshop, but I'll take a look at Candela too, good to know there is such a thing - thanks! :)

DUDES! Tomorrow I'm taking down sales. Regular prices will appear in store within next day or two.

Radzievskyi likes this.
  26. Radzievskyi

Radzievskyi

Mad-Man, thank you very much for your great sales, I bought 4 your assets. Look great, even on Unity Free version. I got big inspiration when found your assets. Thank you again!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  27. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Radzievskyi - you're welcome, I'm the one who says thanks!

Okey mates, I think I'll be slowly finishing this one... Over month of work and I'm still not satisfied! Gah, hope soon I'll be and pack will land on asset store ;) I think you deserve a few WIP shots. What you see below uses Candela Realtime Screen Space Reflections, but I must say scene looks good even with default unity shaders. Anyway if you have any requests regarding specific items this is the last call to do so. I'm still working on lightning and contrast so don't worry that it's still a bit too dark ;)

28. THoeppner

THoeppner

Wow, this looks really great.

Add one or two aliens and the game is ready ;)

29. Radzievskyi

Radzievskyi

Mad-Man, is look great! I saw some asset about Space Station, and I very like big windows (they more big than height of your hero). Same this:

I think is can be great if you walking on dark station same your screens, and than can came to some place where have so big windows, for you can see deep space (or planet) around.

Also about window, if you will add, I want have shutters what will outside ship (station) and what can be have animation for open and close. For sample, if ship under attack, on board system automatically close all shutters...

30. Hormic

Hormic

I agree 100% with that, it is absolutely necessary for a space station to have Windows showing the stars and space around. btw - The wip pictures looking great!

31. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Okey dudes, I'll add open space segments in first update. Pack is already submitted and I'll take small brake. Meantime I'll update Hospital pack (I've promised a thing or two via email) and start Manor Outside pack (yes! finally manor will have exterior :D).

Hormic and OnePxl like this.
  32. hopeful

hopeful

I have a general design suggestion that I hope you can take into consideration.

While most of my characters are average human height, there can also be some that are 3-4m tall, and some that use up space with jumping, flight, and animated attacks. Your designs tend to be for smallish numbers of average height characters with compact combat animations. While I realize you wouldn't necessarily plan for the use of larger characters (and more characters) on your designs, I hope you can kind of keep it in the back of your mind that some customers will want to expand the rooms, walkways, and doorways to accommodate this sort of play ... and maybe you can implement designs that are more spacious or easy to expand.

I don't have any particular problems with your designs at the moment, but I thought I'd mention it, as I expect to have to adapt any purchased assets for this need.

BTW, I think I have pretty much all of your kits by now, and I'm looking forward to the new sci-fi one. It looks pretty cool. :)

33. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

hopeful - you are right. All my packs are designed for horror/adventure games where narrow locations works better. I don't believe that big hallway will work for hospital, but for example with manor pack I think it's possible to achieve more space.. Anyway sci-fi packs assumes that you will need wider locations, that's why there are hallway segments (visible on movie above). I'll try to add such a segments in all next packs, so achiving big space locations will be easier (and will look better).

Tick tock and here we go - https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/26299

:)

OnePxl and hopeful like this.
  34. almabstracta

almabstracta

As I promised, I've just bought your new asset, and now I have the whole environments collection. Waiting for tutorials when it's possible.

Good luck with sales!

35. RoyS

RoyS

If you need ideas...Most space packs are missing
    * living quarters for the crew
    * small space craft docking and launching areas

I purchased all your work except the bunker (didn't need it for this game)...excellent work! Some of the best packs out there.

--One thing your hospital set is missing is the wheelchair - one good and one broken. Most hospitals have them and they are in most horror scenes and abandoned photographs.

--Do the doors on the space station work (on automatic when you get near them)? I see scripts, but the doors don't work.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  36. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

almabstracta - thanks for support!
    RoyS - thanks for tips about what can be included in updates or next packs. I agree about the wheel chair - I've picked even reference photos, just wasn't able to finish them on time. I'll add five wheel chairs with first update of hospital pack (from retro to modern ones, each in two versions). In case of doors - I've wrote example script only for small, one winged doors (script supports open and close sounds, lights that are indicating if doors are openable or not and trigger that automatically opens and closes the doors). Big doors (they're much more like a small sluice) are something you have to code on your own. Honestly you will have to add a few modifications to my script and they will work as well. If you need help with that - give me a sign.

PS - I'm submitting regular price for sci fi pack today ;)

37. DSebJ

DSebJ

Hi,

Really like the space ship pack. Have the abandoned manor as well :) I've got a few requests for the mother-ship corridors.

Could we get an opposite wall end piece? Currently it looks like the only way to end this wall is to put it in to another wall but it would be great if we could have another similar piece for the other end.

Also, could we get the column as a separate object please?

This might be pushing it but it would be great if we could get some more large pieces like the hangar bay & an exterior set of faces for it as well :)

Great asset pack!

38. Binary42

Binary42

Just mirror dat wall end.

39. DSebJ

DSebJ

If you're suggesting I can do that, can you elaborate how?

40. Binary42

Binary42

mirror.jpg

41. DSebJ

DSebJ

42. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

nice demo

43. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Binary42 - thanks for helping DSebJ! I was afk for a while ;)

Okey, I'll add pipe/column as separate object as well.

I'm a littlbe bit busy with my contract work at the moment. I've promised a few updates for my packs, expect them next month. Sorry it takes so long this time!

44. Binary42

Binary42

While you're making a list, please don't forget the inside corner for the wall corner, so we can have L-Shaped rooms and corridors. :)

45. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

46. Binary42

Binary42

Cool, cool.
    Can you update the Bunker-Unity-Package with the PBR-Textures u made for Unreal in preparation for Unity 5? ( Unity 5 has metal- as well as secular-workflow available so the textures would be easy usable )

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  47. Binary42

Binary42

Im experimenting with PBR in Unity 5. Here are some wip shots.
    ms_0000_Layer 5.jpg ms_0003_Layer 2.jpg ms_0002_Layer 3.jpg ms_0004_Layer 1.jpg ms_0001_Layer 4.jpg

Hormic likes this.
  48. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Hi there,

First off I've finally picked references for manor exterior :) You can view them on my blog:

http://www.mad-man.eu/blog/manor-exterior-references/

In case of Unity 5 and PBS - in fact I have service rooms ported already :) Below a few shots from Unity 5.

I need a few more days to tweak all textures and lightning, therefore I have no idea how to publish Unity 5 features (for example Reflection Probes) at the moment ;) Anyway I'll add metal-smoothness textures so you will be able to put them into material slots on your own if you are using U5.

Btw new unity is brilliant :D

DSebJ, hopeful and Binary42 like this.
  49. magique

magique

The Abandoned Hospital says Unity 4.5.5 is required, but I only have 4.3. I'm wondering if these assets will work with 4.3 or is there something that would prevent them working in anything but 4.5.5 or higher?

50. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

magique - hmmm, I bet unity will say that this pack can't be imported, anyway it's just my guess. If you will decide to give it a shot and pack will not work - contact me with invoice details and I will provide you legacy version