Search Unity

madewith.unity.com approval process

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Carwashh, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Carwashh

Carwashh

Wasn't really sure where to post this, as there's no specific forum for MWU, so this being general support I guess this is the best place.

Not 24 hrs after MWU was announced, I registered and setup one of my teams (lets say Team A, which is just me). Approx 12 hours later I setup my other team (Team B), which is a team of 5 people.

Team B was approved by time I got up the next day, Team A was not - and there's conflicting messages on the manage your MWU profile page.

At the top it says:
    To me, this means I'm still waiting approval - if so, why is this one taking so long?

However, next to Team A it says: Not Approved
    I can't remember what it says immediately after creating the team (games say "Awaiting Approval").
    Does this mean Team A has been rejected? If so, why has it been rejected? Do I not get told why? So that I can change any errors and reapply.

Or does it mean Team A is still Awaiting Approval?

I think MWU is a great idea, which is why I jumped on it so quickly. But so far there's a few things bugging me, that could be improved:

- What does 'Not Approved' mean? Consider using 'Rejected' if that is what it means, there's no ambiguity with that.
    - If a profile is rejected, how does the team find out why it was rejected?
    - If a profile is rejected, how does the team go about resubmitting it for approval? (I've updated the odd thing, hopefully improving it, and it still sits on 'Not Approved')
    - What's the criteria for getting approved?

2. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

Hi!

Each approval process for profiles is manually checked to make sure they are not profane, spammy, or seem fake. We suggest adding a game with the studio profile at the same time. There is a very very long queue right now due to this manual process.

Stories are the same. We are working on a more automated workflow that should be available in the next couple weeks and they will eventually appear in the community stories section. We will get an FAQ up to sort out questions.

3. Carwashh

Carwashh

Team A has 2 games added - is waiting approval.
    Team B hasn't got any games added yet - was submitted after Team A and approved before.

Thanks for the reply, good to know it's still in the queue.

4. AngryAnt

AngryAnt

Keyboard Operator

Doesn't seem that surprising that B would get approved before A - exactly because it has no associated games.

There is more to evaluate with A and if I was dealing with a massive queue to vet, you bet I would filter for content simplicity first and quickly approve / fail the simple cases.

5. Carwashh

Carwashh

It's been approved now, not long after my last post!

I'd be dealing with a queue in order that they were submitted, otherwise profiles that take more work will potentially just keep getting pushed down the list ...

6. AngryAnt

AngryAnt

Keyboard Operator

Sure. Long term. These are surge condition though, so you're looking to make the highest number of people happy / unblock them. Once the lump is over, you could then return to default mo of handling by submission date :)

7. EnnuiStudio

EnnuiStudio

I have the same issue, the first time I was thinking maybe I submitted something wrong , so I decide create another profile and it was sent to not approved immediately but I didn't receive any email about what need to change or what i need to do, so somebody can help me with this?

Thank you

8. kshaja

kshaja

I have more then 40 days this status : Reapplied for approval.
    Unity should have more information about this. To show some queue or something.
    Like this I think that something is wrong...

9. nathaniel-ventura-unity

nathaniel-ventura-unity

Hi @kshaja! Sincerely apologize for the delay. With our move to our new site our queue system has been modified and we've had a bit of a backlog to go through. Your profile should now be active. Let me know if you run into any issues.

10. mattogodoy

mattogodoy

Hi! Im in the same boat than @kshaja. I get a "Reapplied for approval" message at the side of my developer profile for a while now.
    This is my game: https://madewith.unity.com/games/jetfight

Is there somethimg I have to do and I missed?
    Thanks!

11. bourriquet

bourriquet

12. acyentertainment

acyentertainment

is this thread still active? I am having the same issue its been a month now. whenever i login to MWU i see "Awaiting approval"....

13. bourriquet

bourriquet

This is getting quite ridiculous. I contacted the support twice, tweeted to MWU, no single response in 2 months..

14. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

Pinged the MWU team to have a look (sent them this thread) so hoping to get a response soon.

15. nathaniel-ventura-unity

nathaniel-ventura-unity

Hey @mattogodoy and @bourriquet your profiles should be now approved. Apologies for the delay our queue for the holidays has been a bit sizable so some profiles were lost in the approval process.

@acyentertainment can you provide a link to the profile you submitted?

SaraCecilia likes this.
  16. NickZangus

NickZangus

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  17. AfterSunsetGames

AfterSunsetGames

18. gabmedalv

gabmedalv

19. Felicityinc

Felicityinc

20. xipeluife

xipeluife

21. JanduSoft

JanduSoft

22. ableRex_358

ableRex_358

Also found the re-applied for approval confusing ... though I needed to do it again or something. If there are any questions then I am happy to deliver any backing documents. But even before my latest changes it has been waiting for review for a really really long time.

studio: https://madewith.unity.com/en/profiles/erno-soinila
    game: https://madewith.unity.com/en/games/hummcar

Sniff :(, Just looking to get some impressions on my new game on App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hummcar/id1205929486?mt=8

23. bundy2k6

bundy2k6

24. GiantGrey

GiantGrey

Looks like our profile is also stucked in the "reapplied for approval" state. We submitted about 3 weeks ago.
    Also we have multiple saved as draft profiles that we can't delete anymore. Looks like everytime we save a change in our current profile it will create a new draft, but we only want one. -> is this intended?

Profile: https://madewith.unity.com/en/profiles/doorfortyfour

Thanks in advance for having a look at it.

25. Meizi-Games

Meizi-Games

26. Nikkis

Nikkis

27. tetriser016

tetriser016

28. AfterSunsetGames

AfterSunsetGames

Has anyone been approved yet? I created the account in January and haven't received a response from Unity.

29. ableRex_358

ableRex_358

Nope nothing ... not peep, not a hiss, nothing but eternal silence ... waiting forever ... is there anybody awake at Unity?

30. martindesrosiers

martindesrosiers

31. onebraverobot

onebraverobot

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  32. soraNI

soraNI