Search Unity

Mac users get fatal content error

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by diekeure, Nov 26, 2014.

1. diekeure

diekeure

Since the latest update of our game (or latest update of the webplayer, it's unclear what triggered it) we have several mac users that experience a fatal content error. My guess would be that this is due to the content that is corrupted, but we have no windows users at all that experience this problem.

It must be content related, because on the same device I can log into our game with a player's account that has the problem, and an account that doesn't have the problem.

We use asset bundles to load most of our content, but as far as I can see both accounts download the same assetbundles, and the downloaded sizes are a match.

I wonder what the cause might be, this thread suggest that the error is due to a code issue, is that possible?

Any other angles I can try to combat this problem?

PM me if you want an account to log into our game that demonstrates the problem: https://www.kweetet.be/speel

2. diekeure

diekeure

I found the cause of the problem. We were instantiating multiple prefabs with a rigidbody from assetbundles at the same position in the same frame.

Either instantiating them at other positions, at different frames or without rigid bodies solves the issue. For some reason mac's can't instantiate rigid bodies robustly.

3. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Strip it down into something small and submit a bug report?