Search Unity

Ludum Dare 36

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mgear, Aug 26, 2016.

1. mgear

mgear

2. gilley033

gilley033

Cool, thanks for posting!

3. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Sweet I am already drunk. Lets do it!

4. Arowx

Arowx

RavenOfCode and GarBenjamin like this.
  5. SiegfriedCroes

SiegfriedCroes

Deleted User, McMayhem, Ryiah and 3 others like this.
  6. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

This looks excellent! I'll have to give it a play.

EDIT: ARRRRGGGHHH! I really hate mouse and WASD. lol Such a cumbersome control scheme although I guess most people like it.

Anyway, it is good despite me not being able to make it very far at all due to controls.

At first I was confused... "why are my shots passing through the enemies?!" Thought it was broken. lol Then realized that although all of the enemies can hurt me I can only kill the red enemies.

Or is there a way to destroy the others as well?

SiegfriedCroes likes this.
  7. McMayhem

McMayhem

It's kind of become the desktop gaming default and I doubt that will change anytime soon :p.

You can only kill enemies of the same color as your cursor. Right click changes the cursor color.

I found it pretty darn entertaining to be honest.

SiegfriedCroes and GarBenjamin like this.
  8. Ryiah

Ryiah

At first I was going to make a joke about us older gamers only being used to hitting a single button while using their control axis but then I realized that was literally the problem in this case. Your right mouse button changes the beam color. :p

9. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

@McMayhem and @Ryiah Ah well heck that sounds cool then. lol Never even crossed my mind to hit the right mouse button. I am sure that makes a huge difference!

I'll give it another go tomorrow. About time for sleep now. It definitely is a very solid well-implemented game. But you are right @Ryiah when I read "Atari style" I thought it used only one button. I am sure there are directions on the page had I actually read anything. But of course I just went to the page clicked play and played it basically like it was an Atari 2600 game.

SiegfriedCroes and Ryiah like this.
  10. SiegfriedCroes

SiegfriedCroes

Thank you all for playing :D You have to read the instructions to know how to play, just like with old games :p I'm also not that great at endless shooters though one time I played it I was really lucky and reached a score of 12900!

GarBenjamin and RavenOfCode like this.
  11. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Oh yeah using right mouse button to change the color of your projectiles so you can destroy all of the enemies makes a big difference. I don't bother trying to move just sit in center and fire, fire, change color, fire, change color, fire, fire, fire, etc.

It is well done game. Great job! :)

12. Marble

Marble

My awesome partner and I built a comedic motivational speech simulator with an undercurrent of darkness. From the submission page:

112197-shot1-1472522385.jpg

112197-shot0-1472522385.jpg

Link

The original submission is above. We got it in 10 seconds before the deadline!

This was my first Ludum Dare and my first real game jam. It was quite an experience!

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    RavenOfCode likes this.