Search Unity

Low cost bouyancy package! SimpleBouyancy - Physics in water

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Hyhyyh, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Hyhyyh

Hyhyyh

Hi,

I have recently searched for some solutions for water physics for my boat game but all the assets I found were either too complicated or too expensive. This is why I created a simple bouyancy package with a wave creator that will be low cost if this package will be released on the store.

Simple bouyancy is an asset for adding physics to objects in water. I have also implemented a wave-creator if you
    would like waves in your game, the physics works on any water.

SimpleBouyancy-small.png

Here is a web demo if you would like to test it: http://hylegames.zz.vc/

This post is just market research to see if the package would be any popular so tell me if you would like to see this on the asset store.

Answer to this thread or email me at hyleprod@gmail.com if you have any questions.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  2. rob5300

rob5300

This looks nice, will you plan to include any kind of water shader to use with the buoyancy system?

3. Hyhyyh

Hyhyyh

Yes I do plan on this.

My current skill in shaders are terrible so this is why I didn't use one on my example but I am working on a simple shader to go with the asset.

4. EvilTak

EvilTak

It's a good effort, although it is buggy and increasing the wave scale makes it lag. A few more optimizations and improvements, and this package will be able to compete with the other buoyancy solutions on the Asset Store!