Search Unity

Lots of apple mach-o linker errors since updating to 4.6.2

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Lab618, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Lab618

Lab618

Hello everyone,

I have a project that was working fine in Unity 4.6.1. I've updated to 4.6.2 due to the Apple deadline for submitting 64bit builds and now I get 66 apple mach-o linker errors in Xcode which cause my build to fail. I've tried various solutions posted online for earlier versions, but none of them have worked.

Does anyone know if this a known problem, or have had the same problem and can offer a fix?

Many thanks
    Steve

2. Catacomber

Catacomber

Things work differently in the player settings with 4.6.2 due to the support for iOS 64 bit. You have to change your backend in Player Settings from Mono to ILCPP. I don't know if you did that.

Look at Mantas Puida's advice here:

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/unity-ios-64-bit-support.287172/

You might have a plugin that is causing you problems.

Maybe look also at the thread for people using the iOS 64 bit beta patch and see if that helps you.

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/4-6-ios-64-bit-beta.290551/

You can also submit a bug report. I think Unity is looking for bug reports right now to help them solve this.

I'm going to wait a month or so to see if things stabilize before I update to 4.6.2. I updated Unity 4.6.1 to the 64 bit patch and got all sorts of errors. My game launched but then folded. Submitted my bug report and now rebuilding my game from an old save and Unity 4.6.1.

And waiting.

I've been in your shoes and know how painful it is. I'm still waiting for this to really work without a huge file size. It appears that we will have to abandon 32 bit as building for both 32 and 64 bit creates a very large file. Don't know if this helps you. I hope it does.

Unity has an awful lot of brain power going for them--I hope this all sorts out soon. I'm sure it will.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  3. Catacomber

Catacomber

It might be helpful if you could post your non-duplicated mach-o error messages and any other error messages that you have.

4. Lab618

Lab618

Thanks for your reply.

I did change my backend in Player Settings from Mono to ILCPP, that's what is causing the problems. I didn't want to upgrade before my project was finished, but because of Apple's deadline I had to.

I really want to get my app submitted but it looks like I'm just going to have to wait a bit. It's a bit daunting when everything was running fine and then suddenly Xcode throws up a ton of errors. I don't even know where to start to fix them all.

Cheers
    Steve

5. XilenceX

XilenceX

6. Alex-Chouls

Alex-Chouls

Apparently IL2CPP for iOS does not support Unity Networking yet. To build a project with Playmaker:

1. Import Assets/PlayMaker/Versions/PlayMakerNACL.unitypackage. These dlls have networking stripped out.
    2. Delete the PlayMaker/Actions/Network folder.
    3. Edit PlayMaker/Actions/CreateObject.cs and add UNITY_IPHONE To the #if platforms that don't support networking.
    I'm away from my computer, but will upload edited files asap. But following these steps should let you build with IL2CPP for iOS.

7. Lab618

Lab618

Thanks Alex, Will these steps still work if I already have a project that has been built with Playmaker? Will it have an effect on the FSMs that are already built?

Thanks
    Steve

8. Alex-Chouls

Alex-Chouls

Are you using networking actions in the project? If not, then it's safe to make these changes. If you are using networking you should wait for Unity to support Networking in IL2CPP for iOS (I assume that's the plan!).

9. Lab618

Lab618

Excellent, thanks for your help.