Search Unity

Looking for tutorials

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by Fiffe, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Fiffe

Fiffe

Hello everyone. At the start I just wanted to say that I already searched through the google and forums and I didn't really get any fitting answer. Also I hope I am posting this thread in the right category as the whole forum is pretty confusing for me.

I wanted to make 3D game where the player is controlling his character with mouse by clicking on the world map (like in Diablo, camera from top) and he can interact with things on the map (talk, fight, etc.).
    The thing is I've never done any game before (except simple platformer games in SFML with C++) and I'm looking for tutorials that can explain how to make player character, movement etc.

I will be still looking through Google but if there's any person reading this who knows the exact name of fitting tutorial - please helpe me out! :)

Sorry if this is a common question - just point it out and I will be gone!

2. LadyAth

LadyAth

3. Fiffe

Fiffe

Thank you very much! This is exactly what i was looking for.
    By the way, what language would be the best to code for a begginer: C# or JS?

4. OboShape

OboShape

IMO i would stick with C# as you have said in last post you have done a bit with C++, thats how i came over, and that would be a good foundation as you would already have a grasp of basics :)

id only done simple stuff with C++ prior to starting unity early this year, and i found the trasition relatively painless