Search Unity

Looking For sound creation/editor program for unity.

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by Matt_Hall, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Matt_Hall

Matt_Hall

I'm posting this for a friend who is the one who actually knows about sound editing and has a passion for it.
    He is out of practice and hasn't done it much since highschool so tutorials would help too.

I'm searching the web for free programs (or at least with free versions) that allow wide ranges of music and sound FX editing. But I'm also looking for premium programs to get him psyched up about publishing his work. My friend isn't good with search engines and is to busy for them anyway. So I'd be thankful for any links even if its not entirely what I was looking for. My problem is I currently don't know enough about sound editing to know if its what he is looking for. He just says he would work on creating and editing almost any kind of music.

2. crag

crag

What system is he currently working on?
    Or will he be building a new workstation for the chosen DAW?

For me, if there is money to be spent, focus on the monitors.
    On the cheap, Reaper is a lot of bang for the buck but...
    personally, I like Steinberg products.
    Cubase
    Nuendo
    Wavelab

And if he just wants to listen to what the pros are saying, head over to GearSlutz.

Matt_Hall likes this.
  3. Matt_Hall

Matt_Hall

He doesn't know much about his hardware. All I know is his laptop was outdated by a long shot. He only spent $150 on it used and that was years ago. Its full size but he is lacking in motivation to stay in his creative roots. He has money trouble from what I understand. He never got his degree at college...

Thanks a lot for the links. He will love some of those GearSlutz videos. And maybe talking on the forums. I hope he can spare the cash for the other advanced programs at some point.

4. crag

crag

At minimum, some killer cans (headphones) for spatial editing.
    Note: I don't think Unity will care what software is used to generate the audio.
    That said, it does seem preferential to loading .ogg in my experience. o_O

Matt_Hall likes this.