Search Unity

Looking for beta testers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by roger0, Aug 24, 2014.

1. roger0

roger0

webplayer link
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31947388/air guardians web demo.html

note: once you win the game, it goes to black and nothing happens, so you will have to hit escape or alt tab to get out of the game.

Download link to the whole game
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31947388/Air Guardians Beta 1.1_Data.zip

I'm looking for some people to play my game and post what they think. I have a web player that shows the first level, and a dropbox link to the whole game. When replying, here are a few questions to answer, but feel free to say anything else.

1. How difficult was it? How far did you get?

2. What could be changed?

3. Was the game fun?

Here is the trailer and gameplay footage. I'm the only one who played the game, so I really need some feedback. Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  2. roger0

roger0

3. Sir-Tiddlesworth

Sir-Tiddlesworth

That is an awesome looking game you have made. Congratulations!!!
    I will be more then happy to test it when I have a few spare moments.

4. pKallv

pKallv

look great, i will test this

5. kaelan36

kaelan36

I will definitely test this! It looks amazing!

6. ximitimix

ximitimix

Looks awesome, played the web version, will try to download it later and test that

7. roger0

roger0

Thanks everyone. I'm glad I can finally get other peoples input on the game.

8. roger0

roger0

some pictures

9. landon912

landon912

Had fun. Played a few rounds, but never beat it. I suck at these games.

10. randomperson42

randomperson42

The game looks good (didn't download) but I have to ask - that main ship in the middle of both images - was it from the asset store? I feel like I've seen it before.

11. roger0

roger0

I got it from turbosquid and modified it :D. So maybe its being used somewhere else.

12. roger0

roger0

13. Kloper

Kloper

I just tested it and here some feedback.

Since I don't play this type of games it took me a bit to learn how to navigate around, but till I got there I was out of range for the fight and I had no idea where to go. It seems that once you don't have anything on the radar, you are pretty much lost. So it would be good if have something on the map that shows you where the action is.

It would also be good to have the out of combat range alarm displayed differently .. the timer doesn't make much sense to me. Give the player the information that he is out of range, but also guide him somehow back and don't just distroy the ship.

Other then that it looks nice and the trailer is good!

14. Jamster

Jamster

1. Very difficult but I think that was partially due to the controls, I couldn't get used to the inverted mouse (on up/down) - I'm a fan of Battlestar Galactica's control system as for me it's a little more precise :p Needless to say I didn't get very far :p

2. As I said, I think perhaps having multiple control layouts would be nice :) Also I though that the particles on the engine were a little ill fitting with the rest of the graphics :/ Also the dialogue, in a real scenario, would probably include someone at the airbase :p

3. Yes, and the graphics were really cool. I liked it :)

Awesome game!

15. randomperson42

randomperson42

Played it, looks good - looks like you used Air Strike Starter Kit from the asset store. :)

16. roger0

roger0

Thanks for the feedback! It really helps to get some kind of input from other people. Although I will probably have to setup a official beta test soon so your comments will help find the obvious things I'm not noticing.

Yeah I'm using the airstrike starter kit :). Can you tell me a little more about what you think of the game? Was it to hard? etc..

17. randomperson42

randomperson42

Yes, I'm going to play it some more when I get more time and give some feedback. I only played it briefly already.

18. roger0

roger0

19. roger0

roger0

20. randomperson42

randomperson42

My take:
    Good game - looks good.

Things that could be improved:
    • Sound. The audio of people talking over the radio is a little out of place. It almost seems like they are speaking too clearly - more so than they would in real life. It's okay if the player doesn't always understand what they're saying, as long as it sounds cool :)
    • The second level is neat, but too difficult by comparison to the first. I got stuck there.
    • It would be better if there were more available weapons for the player. It gets a bit boring using the same things after a while.

21. roger0

roger0

thanks randomPerson. How badly did you get stuck on the 2nd level? It's hard to judge when I've been playing it for so long.

22. Jither

Jither

Full disclosure: I haven't played any 360 degree aircraft-based game since Wings (1990) - so had to get used to navigating too. :)

1. How difficult was it? How far did you get?

Levelling seemed fine between level 1 (2 attempts, but first was spent on learning to navigate) and 2 (2 attempts). Gave up on 3 (3 attempts, don't think I got even halfways). But that level was also incredibly fun, so might give it another try some other day. :)

2. What could be changed?

Like mortos360 said, might want some indication on the radar of where the action is, if you should get lost - you (well, I) quickly get used to keeping track of where I am in relation to the battle - but especially on people's first attempt at the game, that might be something that would needlessly make them give up completely.

Graphics are really nice - all I would do would be to reconsider the fonts (the subtitles at the start of the level and the "LOADING" title) - the stencil one is a bit too generic for my tastes (might help to just slightly grunge it up), and the subtitle one seems a bit out of place. Other than that, if possible, I'd color correct it for a bit more contrast. But those things are just taste.

Agree with randomperson about the voices. Might also want just one more (randomly picked) variation of the impact sound when you're under heavy fire.

3. Was the game fun?

A lot! :)

23. randomperson42

randomperson42

I never got past the second level. Probably spent 45 minutes or so on it.

24. roger0

roger0

25. roger0

roger0

26. roger0

roger0

27. Josh-Naylor

Josh-Naylor

Administrator

Please don't "bump" threads. Why not share some more content whilst also saying you still need some more people.