Search Unity

Looking for advice with Environment Packs (rocks, trees, bushes, grass, flowers, props) on the Store

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NeatWolf, Aug 26, 2015.

1. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Hi, it's been a few days that I'm browsing... and browsing, and browsing through the assets in the store. I'm trying to gather all the assets before starting a little project/game of mine.

I'd like to tap on the community experience to suggest me a particular Asset that could suit my needs, I'm really lost.
    Really.

I can't find what I'm looking for, that's why I hope someone could give me a few useful tips.

I'd need an asset that includes/satisfies this requirements:
    1) Editable generic trees >6
    2) Bushes >6
    3) Rocks >8
    4) Grass >8
    5) some pretty flowers, at least 6 variants
    6) Maybe a few abandoned buildings/Props
    7) Terrain textures >4
    8) Fully compatible with unity 5.x, but better if also with 4.x, I still can't transition to the new version. I have Pro 5 license, and bought several gorgeous 5.x PostFX in advance.
    9) I need to create a gorgeous, coloured, serene flowery forest scene, that under certain conditions has to become gloomy and dark (I can use post effects for this) and still look good. It would be a nice feature to have if there was the possibility to remove all leaves procedurally, but that would be an extra. I have no need for specific dark/horror tree meshes, the base scene should be colorful
    10) Target platform is PC/Desktop, so I could also pump up the polygon count.
    11) It must be realistic or stylized, but not cartoony. Vibrant colors, yet not oversaturated. Gorgeous flowers and bushes.
    12) Hires textures and normal maps are a plus. Displacement and occlusion, a double plus.
    13) The creator must still support the package (I have seen a few assets created by a famous asset creator but sadly they all seem to be abandoned, without Unity 5.x support)
    14) must run under DX9 (no DX11 only features)

I'm not even sure where should I post this, but I really would like to know what would you suggest me.

I'm willing to pay a combined cost of up to 55-60$ on the assets if they really suit my needs.

I already own a few "full solutions" for the environment but they look a bit too much outdated or have translucency/lighting issues.

Could you please suggest me a few assets, according to your experience and my needs?

Thanks for your time :)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  2. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

Well, that's just going to be a lot of shopping around. Also, are you looking for photo realism or stylized?

If you're wanting to do stylized a lot of people have been fairly happy with @syntystudios 's stuff (Link). She's been cranking out a lot of consistent work that is very complete (which is a major issue with most art assets) and at a very fair price.

If you're looking for photo realism, those assets are everywhere and are usually fairly compatible.

NeatWolf and syntystudios like this.
  3. syntystudios

syntystudios

Haha Thanks! but we are all dudes :)

Simple Town Upgrade - Trailer

Download - https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/43500

Not_Sure and Ostwind like this.
  4. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Thanks @Not_Sure, I already own a few assets from the "Simple" series, but as I said, I have to build up a gorgeous realistic or stylized forest, there is no "Simple Forest or Trees" package out there, and it would bee too minimalistic for my needs, so I'm still open to other suggestions :)

I played a bit with what I already have, this is what I got. The mood/aesthetics should be similar. I feel I could use another asset for my purpose, I don't want to end up with 12GB of assets, taking 1 or 2 prefabs from each.

Here I'm missing appropriate trees, bushes, flowers, and so on, as stated in my first post. I'm rather satisfied with the post processing.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
    syntystudios likes this.
  5. MotuProprio

MotuProprio

6. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

Heh, oops! I don't know why I thought you were a lady.

syntystudios likes this.
  7. Ony

Ony

The other day some guy on Reddit called me a dude and I said "I'm not a dude!" and he said "Is dude not gender neutral anymore?"

I don't know what to believe.

Teila likes this.
  8. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

Heh, the miss's is always getting on to me for calling her "man". Admittedly, that is pretty egregious.

Teila, syntystudios and Ony like this.
  9. Ony

Ony

Does she call you "ma'am"?

Oops, off topic again... sorry mods and OP. :)

10. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

No, she calls me "man" back, but ironically and we laugh at the absurdity of me being referred to in any sort of way as masculine (while dying a little on the inside).

Teila and Ony like this.
  11. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Thanks @MotuProprio! This is almost what I need. The environments of your pack are gorgeous, congrats, yet I wouldn't be able to fully appreciate the pack because the advanced terrain shader requires DX11 and the package has been released for Unity 5.x only. They're very realistic, but I'm also looking for colourful trees/flowers for my needs. I would only use the forest-themed props, and I'm going to need a custom terrain and environment for my scene.

Do the trees/props work fine in linear+deferred? I've been facing several kind of issues with environment packs lately :-/

(btw: I suggest adding more pictures showcasing the trees and bushes, by also saying if the trees/bushes are meshes with LOD, built with SpeedTree, or are editable with the Tree Editor - I'm a bit new to the various tree systems, sorry if I said something noobish :p )

I'll be definitely considering your asset, which seems very professionaly made, thanks for the advice :)

I'm still open to suggestions or complementary assets :)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  12. MotuProprio

MotuProprio

Thanks!
    Anyway trees and bushes are all built via Unity Tree creator.

I'll answer you more in depth via pm to not disturb your thread.