Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a Unity Consultant for Beginners

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by Rikki_Q, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Rikki_Q

Rikki_Q

I'm new to Unity and currently working on a 2D quiz game. Nothing fancy and I feel stupid for trying to make simple things work but can't.

Google hasn't been much help sadly so I would really love to have someone to talk to 1 on 1 via skype or raidcall or something to ask a couple of basic questions. (Click functions and conditionals, specifically)

I've watched the whole beginner tutorial of Unity Scripting but I'm still having a difficult time doing simple things and hoping a 1 on 1 conversation with someone who is an expert in scripting C# might be able to help me out.

Sorry if I'm asking for too much but I really don't know where else to ask.Thank you very much again for your time.

2. Shadeless

Shadeless

You definitely don't need an expert. :D

For a quiz game, if you plan to have a question show up and have multiple buttons that have the possible answers all you need is the new Unity UI features. You just need a Text element and a couple of Button elements on a panel with a certain Layout attached to the panel. (Vertical, Horizontal or Grid layout basically).

There are UI tutorials in the learn section:
    http://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/modules/beginner/ui

Watch this tutorial on how to make buttons do something.

So you can set up a text element on top, and 4 buttons bellow it with the functionality you want. So, next you'd need some Manager script with all the questions and answers, to change all the values of the Text and Buttons and which button is correct next.

Another easier way to do it, is to set up scenes for all the questions and their answer, and when the correct button is click you load the next scene. If the wrong button is clicked you go to the Game Over / Retry scene.

Just some ideas off the top of my head.

3. SubZeroGaming

SubZeroGaming