Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Little Heroes MEGA Pack. Customize your character now!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Matthew-Mok, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Matthew-Mok

Matthew-Mok

Hi there! We are Shop3DSA :) You can find our store here.

Great news! We are releasing a new pack Little Heroes Mega Pack very soon! We will be adding more contents to this pack.The price will increase as the pack grows BIGGER and BIGGER. SO BUY SOON TO GET THE BEST PRICE.

So, the purpose of this thread is to let you guys and gals feedback to us on what assets do you wish to see in this pack as we add more contents to it.

See below to find out more about Little Heroes Mega Pack !

Little Heroes Mega Pack

The fantasy characters in this pack are simple, low poly, cartoony, cute and very easy to use! Most importantly, you can customize you own characters. Just mix and match with the different hairs, costumes, accessories and weapons!

Premade Character Prefabs
    - We have already customized some characters for you in this pack :) Check them out!
    - 40 Premade Characters Prefabs
    - (More Coming soon!)

Hair
    - 10 hair styles.
    - Just change the tint colour in the material to get any colour ( the whole colour wheel! ) you want.
    - (More Coming soon!)

Animations
    - All of them are humanoid mecanim rig set up.
    - We have included animations in this pack. They are:

- Relax
    - Idle
    - Walk
    - Walk with Root Motion
    - Run
    - Run with Root Motion
    - Jump
    - Melee Right Attack 01
    - Melee Right Attack 02
    - Melee Left Attack 01
    - Projectile Right Attack 01
    - Cast Spell
    - Spin Attack
    - Take Damage
    - Die
    - (More Coming soon!)

Costumes Prefabs
    - 65 Female costumes
    - 62 Male costumes
    - (More Coming soon!)

Accessories Prefabs
    - 14 Beards
    - 10 Crowns
    - 21 Hats
    - 1 Hammer
    - 4 Helmets
    - 1 Halo
    - 3 Wings
    - (More Coming soon!)

Weapon Prefabs
    - 2 Axes
    - 1 Club
    - 1 Rake
    - 1 Hammer
    - 1 Scyth
    - 6 Shields
    - 6 Swords
    - 13 Wands
    - (More Coming soon!)

Below are the video and some of the preview images. Let us know what would you like to see in this pack. More costumes? More weapons? If so, what are they? Tell us your request!

Bhanshee00 likes this.
  2. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

I'm subscribing to this thread

Matthew-Mok likes this.
  3. Matthew-Mok

Matthew-Mok

Thank you for subscribing! :)

4. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

It'd be really great if the video had different audio.
    There are about 20 devs from this community that use that exact same audio file for there preview videos.
    It's overly used - as are some of the square headed characters in the asset store. Great to see you are increasing the offering.
    Looks like quality square heads.
    I may have missed it - what are the texture resolution settings for the characters and swap-able pieces?

5. Matthew-Mok

Matthew-Mok

Thank you for your feedback:) We will take note.

The texture for the costumes are 2048 and compressed in Unity at 512. As for the swap-able pieces's textures are 512 and compressed in Unity at 256 or 128.

6. Matthew-Mok

Matthew-Mok

Updates!

We are working on the update(version 1.1) for Little Heroes Mega Pack. New costumes, accessories and weapons! Coming soon. Below is a sneak peek ;)

7. Matthew-Mok

Matthew-Mok

Great news! Little Heroes Mega Pack is now live at Unity Asset Store! We will be adding more contents to this pack.The price will increase as the pack grows BIGGER and BIGGER. SO BUY NOW TO GET THE BEST PRICE. Shop here now!

PS: Version 1.1 coming soon!

We have 130+ game ready assets in our store. Shop them here!

Bhanshee00 likes this.
  8. Matthew-Mok

Matthew-Mok

Next update coming soon to Unity Asset Store. Here is the sneak peek!

9. Matthew-Mok

Matthew-Mok

Hello! Hope you all had a good weekend!

Good news! We updated Little Heroes Mega Pack :) We will be adding more contents to this pack.The price will increase as the pack grows BIGGER and BIGGER. SO BUY NOW TO GET THE BEST PRICE. Shop here now!

Below is the release note.

Release Notes
    Version 1.1
    • Added 8 daggers
    • Added 36 swords
    • Added 15 wands
    • Added 9 clubs
    • Added 26 shields
    • Added 8 axes
    • Added 10 hair styles
    • Added 12 horns
    • Added 13 headbands
    • Added 5 helmets
    • Added 5 masks
    • Added 10 cat ears
    • Added 9 bunny ears
    • Added 46 female costumes
    • Added 38 male costumes
    • Added 7 customized character samples
    • Added 7 animations (Defend, Nod Head, Shake Head, Wave Hand, Stunned, Pick Up, Drink Potion)
    Isn't it awesome?! We will be adding new assets in the next version. Do let us know if you have anything in mind. We take your suggestion seriously!

Below are some update images for version 1.1. Please take a look.

Look below!It's so easy to create unique characters with different costumes and accessories.

Bhanshee00 likes this.
  10. Matthew-Mok

Matthew-Mok

Butterfly wings anyone? ;)

Bhanshee00 likes this.
  11. Matthew-Mok

Matthew-Mok

Yay! Dragon Wings are coming soon to next update. Version 1.2

Bhanshee00 likes this.
  12. Matthew-Mok

Matthew-Mok

Version 1.2 update is coming very soon. So buy now before the update is live. The price will increase when version 1.2 is released!

Bhanshee00 likes this.
  13. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

I got late to the early price but hey i got it anyway. I'm really impressed by the amount of stuff this package has.

Tomorrow if i have a bit of time i'll do a review.

Keep the good work.

Bhanshee00 likes this.
  14. Matthew-Mok

Matthew-Mok

Thank you for your purchase! Glad that you like it. Really appreciate it :)
    Thanks in advance for your review!

15. Matthew-Mok

Matthew-Mok

Great news! Version 1.2 update is live. Check it out now!

These are the updates:

Version 1.2 new content
    - Added 1 crown
    - Added 6 helmets
    - Added 9 headbands
    - Added 9 masks
    - Added 12 hats
    - Added 7 beards
    - Added 5 Jaws
    - Added 5 horns
    - Added 38 wings
    - Added 10 knuckles
    - Added 13 claws
    - Added 6 swords
    - Added 32 wands
    - Added 15 maces
    - Added 27 shields
    - Added 6 hair styles
    - Added 6 male costumes
    - Added 7 female costumes
    - Added 4 new animations ( Melee Right Attack 03, Right Punch Attack, Left Punch Attack, Cast Spell 02)
    - Added 10 customized character samples

scottwo likes this.
  16. Matthew-Mok

Matthew-Mok

Here is a sneak peek on the next update! Have you bought Little Heroes Mega Pack? If you haven't, buy now to get the best price. The price will increase when version 1.3 is released!

scottwo likes this.
  17. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

Great to see more updates.

My impressions after testing the asset more:

Good things:

- Those characters blend nicely with other cartoon assets from the asset store.

- Making new characters is as easy as it can get. No funny stuff, just drag the things you want into the anchor points and the character is alive.

- The geometry is low and looks very good. I didn't found unnecessary polygons

- The author included 26 animations. Thats very handy.

- Enough content to fill your game's character needs.

- There are already 2 updates to this asset adding new content. Thats more that many assets gets in a whole year.

Not so good things:

- I don't know why but after testing many mecanim animations in almost all of them, the characters body gets deformed badly ( the arms and foots twist weirdly, the arms get inside the head or the body, etc). As i said i'm not an expert on why this happens but i tested other cartoony characters from the store and they play animations nicely. So at the moment i have to stay with the provided animations.

Notice in the following screenshot how the shield and the sword are inside the character's head

Other things:

- I think you should differentiate in the asset description variations from real content. For example in the description you said 8 axes. Inside the asset are 3 axes models not 8 is true that there are 9 (not 8) axe variations but some people may complain.

- It will be really cool if you provide the textures PSD so we can create our own variations.

- I'd also like to see a bow added to the weapons in a future update

For me buying this asset is a no brainer. Good quality at a fair price.

18. Matthew-Mok

Matthew-Mok

Hi!

Firstly, thank you for telling us what you like and dislike about the pack. These are useful feedback to us!

'the shield and the sword are inside the character's head'
    >> the shield and sword cut in to the head because 1) this animation is probably meant for a character with a realistic human proportion and 2) I might be wrong, the pose shows a boxer ready to fight pose? If it is, then most character holding a long weapon will have the same cutting into head issue if they are using this animation.

'I think you should differentiate in the asset description variations from real content. For example in the description you said 8 axes. Inside the asset are 3 axes models not 8 is true that there are 9 (not 8) axe variations but some people may complain.' >> You are right. It could be misleading. We will look into this :)

'It will be really cool if you provide the textures PSD so we can create our own variations.' >> We will look into this. Currently PSD will not be provided. But if you do need any resources, let us know. We will try our best to help.

' I'd also like to see a bow added to the weapons in a future update' >> Crossbow will be added in version 1.3

Once again, thank you for your feedback!

19. Matthew-Mok

Matthew-Mok

Updated version 1.3 ! New animations + more. Customize your characters now!

Release notes:

- Added 18 new animations ( Strafe Left, Strafe Right, Crossbow Shoot Attack, Fly Forward, Fly Idle, Fly Melee Right Attack 01, Fly Melee Right Attack 02, Fly Melee Right Attack 03, Fly Melee Left Attack 01, Fly Right Punch Attack 01, Fly Left Punch Attack 01, Fly Crossbow Shoot Attack, Fly Projectile Right Attack 01, Fly Cast Spell 01, Fly Cast Spell 02, Fly Defend, Fly Take Damage, Fly Die)
    - Added 20 Crossbows
    - Added 12 Arrows
    - Added 28 Quivers
    - Added 20 Female Costumes
    - Added 21 Male Costumes
    - Added 6 Headbands
    - Added 8 Helmets
    - Added 2 Customized Character Prefabs.

Bhanshee00, Malbers and b4c5p4c3 like this.
  20. JohnRossitter

JohnRossitter

Just purchased,
    I'm very excited to install it and see how it does in my environment.

21. Matthew-Mok

Matthew-Mok

Great! Hope you like it :)) Let us know if you need any help.

JohnRossitter likes this.
  22. JohnRossitter

JohnRossitter

Having some issues with the walk animations which apply root motion, but I probably need to check out your demo scenes.

23. Matthew-Mok

Matthew-Mok

What is the problem? Do note that the root motion box is not checked on default. And the Walk and Run animation with root motion is not linked in the animator. You will need to adjust these 2 if you would like to use root motion.

24. JohnRossitter

JohnRossitter

I setup a new scene, added the default character, made a new simple controller that used the root motion versions.
    Enabled the Root Movement on the animator and it walks forward...and then just snaps back to the start and does that over and over again.

25. JohnRossitter

JohnRossitter

I just want to say, that overall Im completely satisfied with the package. It's great collection for a great price.
    I am looking forward to updates :)

Since you seem to take advice to updates, I would like to see a couple of things:
    1) Old Japanse style costumes like Kimonos and Samurai
    2) More modern dress like road workers and citizens of a modern city

Thanks,
    John

26. Matthew-Mok

Matthew-Mok

Hey John, did you manage to resolve the problem?

27. Matthew-Mok

Matthew-Mok

Hi! Thank you for your suggestions :)

1) Interesting. I think we can add that to the pack. I will discuss with the team.
    2) This pack is fantasy themed. Therefore road workers and citizens might not be a good fit in this pack. Are you working on a modern themed game?

28. JohnRossitter

JohnRossitter

Sent you a Direct Message

29. Morten-V-Jensen

Morten-V-Jensen

Just bought this amazing pack!!!!

Just wanted to know if you could help me with something here :)

1) When i am using the Sword 09 Green its rotation is messed up xD
    Here is a picture of it

Have tried to to rotate it manult but doesnt help :(

2) Could you add some long bows and i dont know if it is called long bows but here is a picture so you can see what i mean :=)

3) I bought your pack on your own website to support you more insted of it going to pay fees on assent store but do i get the updates as i bought it on the website and how ? Via mail ?

4) And could you make gear like chest, legs, boots, shoulders, and more :) like every other rpg/mmorpg :)

Thanks and please respond :)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  30. Matthew-Mok

Matthew-Mok

Hi there!

Thank you for your purchase. Really appreciate it :)

1) When i am using the Sword 09 Green its rotation is messed up xD
    • I notice that you have attached the sword to his left hand. All weapons except shields/crossbows are pivoted to align with right hand. Therefore the sword's rotation is off when you attach it to left hand. But no fret! Simply rotate the weapon when you attach it to left hand. You can either rotate it in the scene, or you can adjust the numbers in the inspector. Select the weapon> change rotation to x90 y180 z0 :)) Make sure to attach it to the dummy, not the bone.

2) Could you add some long bows and i dont know if it is called long bows but here is a picture so you can see what i mean :=)
    • Yes we can add long bow! But we are still thinking how we can achieve that because the arrow and string will not be animated when the character is pulling the string due to tech issue. If you know how we can achieve this, do let us know!
    3) I bought your pack on your own website to support you more instead of it going to pay fees on assent store but do i get the updates as i bought it on the website and how ? Via mail ?
    • Thank you for that! Really appreciate it :) Yes updates will be send to you via mail. So no worry! :D
    4) And could you make gear like chest, legs, boots, shoulders, and more :) like every other rpg/mmorpg :)
    • You mean like attaching extra 3D pieces to the chest, legs, boots, shoulders? If yes, we will definitely consider and see how can we achieve that technically. Currently, chest, legs, boots, shoulders are all painted in the textures.

Morten-V-Jensen likes this.
  31. lazygunn

lazygunn

You could perhaps get the animation of a bow with blendshapes? Although I'm aware it's a fantasy themed pack, I have it and it's very cool, I'm with JohnRossiter in that I would like some more contemporary outfits for such characters as they are such good 'hero' models in the style

32. Morten-V-Jensen

Morten-V-Jensen

Thanks for replying means alot!!!
    and i really love that you take the feedback to heart insted of just thowing it out xD :)

So with the gear like chest and legs and that i mean extra items like the wings and stuff :D

and about the bow i will contact you when i asked my friend as he may know it :) and the weapon one sorry i forgot just so inlove with this pack man :D

This is what i have done for now with it (Coded) :) my friend coded a whole inv because i bought the pack so he really wanted to test it out and it is amazing with this pack!! i have used 300$+ on so much S*** on unity assent store but THIS PACK is so god damm nice!

Last thing when does the next update comes out ?
    and what are the plans for it :)

33. Matthew-Mok

Matthew-Mok

Hey Lazygunn!

Thank you for your feedback :)

Cool! I will take a look at blendshapes and and see what I can do with that. Thank you so much for the tips.

These are great ideas. We will most probably create another pack for modern themed. Keep you updated!

34. Matthew-Mok

Matthew-Mok

Hi! Zeric,

Thanks! You are welcome :)
    1. We already have included wings in the pack!
    2. Regarding on how to make the bow system work, looking forward to hear form you again. Lazygunn suggested blendshapes. So I am going to research on that.
    3. Wow looking good. I wish i could code ;) I am really glad that you like the pack. It really makes my day. We will continue to produce good assets. Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook to get the latest update :)

35. Matthew-Mok

Matthew-Mok

We will continue to add more accessories, costumes and weapons. We are going to add a new special effects category. In this category, you will see unity particles effects like flower petals for fairy, or stink gas you see below. These effect will make some of the characters even more interesting!

36. Morten-V-Jensen

Morten-V-Jensen

This looks amazing like always xD :)

Could you please tell me what programs you guys use for everything ? :)

37. kidco

kidco

This is massive! well, This looks a massive pack. I thought that its a simple vector game graphics. This is more then a fully customized toolkit for these characters. A great work indeed.

38. Matthew-Mok

Matthew-Mok

Hi Zeric!

Thank you :)
    We are using 3D Max and Photoshop.

39. Matthew-Mok

Matthew-Mok

Thank you Kidco!!! :)

40. Morten-V-Jensen

Morten-V-Jensen

THANKS!

Btw any release date for the new update yet ?

41. hungrybelome

hungrybelome

42. Matthew-Mok

Matthew-Mok

Hi Zeric,

Most likely there will be an update next week! :D

43. Matthew-Mok

Matthew-Mok

Hi Arlevi09!

Yes we can add stone club :) The pack already contains wooden clubs. Regarding caveman costumes, there 's one concern. This pack is fantasy themed. Caveman doesn't really fit into this theme. Do you need many of them? By the way, the picture provided is too small. Do you have a larger picture?

Toon Desert Pack is already available in Unity Asset Store. See here. Orcs Mega Pack will be coming soon. Currently it's waiting for Unity's approval.

44. Matthew-Mok

Matthew-Mok

Sneak peak on new costume!

45. myibmaccount

myibmaccount

I have been using one set of characters for my game but I am probably going to switch to this one since it also includes all needed animations and weapons. The only thing this does not have that the other had is the option to change the skin color. I see a note about allowing that above. Creating my own PSD's is ideal, but maybe at least I can get you to add a few simple variations. I am attaching what my current characters so you can get the idea. They are all Brown, but slightly different shades...

46. myibmaccount

myibmaccount

47. Morten-V-Jensen

Morten-V-Jensen

NICE :D

Btw i dont remember if i already asked but is there any chance in the next update (1.5) that you could make gear to the characters ?? likes chests and gloves, boots, sholders and much more ??

That would be epic if you made that as people would need it :D

48. hungrybelome

hungrybelome

Fair enough. Since you already have the underwear costume, I was thinking that it could be the same but with a textured tan material, rather than white. So that it looks more like clothing scraps, rather than just underwear. But no problem! I will make do with what I got :)

49. Matthew-Mok

Matthew-Mok

Hi there!

Note that the skin and costumes are in 1 texture. If you have Photoshop, it should be quite easy to change the skin tone. Let us know how we can help you in this area. You mentioned that you need us to add a few variations, can you tell us more? Email us ! 3dsoulawesome(at)gmail(dot)com

myibmaccount likes this.
  50. Matthew-Mok

Matthew-Mok

Thanks!

Yes you told us about it :) Currently the armors, gloves, boots, shoulder blades are all painted in the texture. So you prefer to have additional 3D mesh to represent those parts?