Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

LIQUIDUM PRO v1.6.x - Unity Asset

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by WILEz1975, Aug 31, 2014.

1. matej_mnoucek

matej_mnoucek

Ok thanks.
    I really really need to solve this issue ASAP.

WILEz1975 likes this.
  2. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

For ksam2 and who have same problem:

3. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

I do not have Ngui asset and I can not test it .
    I do not know if Ngui has a depth to handle. Try to change the Liquidum depth:

4. hopeful

hopeful

I can understand why you want to clear that up, but it does look kind of cool. :)

5. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

... That is cool! Now I want a wet interface for all my projects! lol

6. interzone

interzone

We are currently testing on Unity 5, and it works fine when using Deferred Rendering with Gamma Color Space, however when switching to Linear Color Space no raindrops are visible (the splashes are on the other hand).

Does anyone else have that problem? Anything I can do about it?

7. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

I did not understand your problem.
    Where changes Deferred Rendering?

8. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

LIQUIDUM 1.55 new feature, first test.

Trail on glass... (under work) .

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
    Chevy-Monster, hopeful and interzone like this.
  9. hopeful

hopeful

10. radimoto

radimoto

Excellent work! Looking forward to it!!

11. interzone

interzone

Hi, if you go to Edit > Project Settings > Player > Other Settings

There you can change the Rendering Path and Color Space.

With Deferred rendering, if we select Gamma Color Space it works fine, however in Linear Color Space no rain drops are visible. Unfortunately our other assets are optimised for Linear :-( I wonder if anyone else has the same problem, or if we are doing something wrong elsewhere? I'm quite new to Unity, so maybe I'm doing something wrong.

12. Hikiko66

Hikiko66

I think he means the rain particles from the emitter are not showing up in linear color space.
    The Additive particle shader doesn't really work in that colour space in this scenario, it's basically invisible.

Go to:
    Liquidum/Data/Private/Rain&Hail&SnowEmitterPrefab
    Set the particle shader FROM: Additive TO: Additive Soft

Now you should see the rain particles.

If you check "Use Rain Distortion" on the main script, then that also applies a different shader that can also be seen.

Last edited: May 30, 2015
    WILEz1975 and interzone like this.
  13. interzone

interzone

@NA-RA-KU Yes, that's what I meant, sorry, should have been clearer. And your tip worked, thanks so much!

14. matej_mnoucek

matej_mnoucek

Hello,
    thanks for that tip with cameras depth. I sorted cameras by depth and it works as it should now.
    But I have two another issues.
    On PC's with SLI configuration there is a problem with trails on screen. It does not steer smoothly but it changes direction in sharp angles and also do not correctly respect gravity.
    Drops on Screen have problem with Creation Delay. It cannot be properly changed and Liquidum doesnt react to this change. If I set some value and play the game it jumps to value 10 and during runtime the slider dont react. If I stop the game it jumps back.

Have anyone similar problems ?

Thanks
    M.

15. TanselAltinel

TanselAltinel

Hi,
    When is the 1.5.5 version is coming? I have this on my buy list, but I wanted to make sure Unity 5 complete compatibility and those new features in hand :3

Regards.

16. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Yep. Liquidum 1.55 will be complete Unity 5 compatible, indeed 1.55 features are Unity 5 only.

I had a little mishap with the asset store team that takes not two assets equal (Liquidum for U4 and Liquidum for U5)
    Liquidum for Unity 5 can be downloaded from the same link of Unity 4 version...
    News soon.

17. TanselAltinel

TanselAltinel

Thanks for your reply.
    I'm guessing that connecting Asset Store from within Unity 5 will directly get me U5 package, and connecting from U4 vice versa.

I'd still wait for 1.55 :D

18. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Exact. I wanted to have two different asset but is not allowed.
    In fact, the solution adopted by the store team is better. :)

hopeful likes this.
  19. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

New demo scene in Liquidum 1.5.5.

Now the trails on glass have shadows creating a good effect in interior buildings with many windows ...

(Edit: video rebuild in below post.)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
    hopeful and boysenberry like this.
  20. hopeful

hopeful

Very nice!! :)

21. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

hopeful likes this.
  22. hopeful

hopeful

Is it possible to get this effect working on car windshields, cockpit glass on airplanes, and maybe something like a clear glass sphere like a Golden Age scifi spaceman's helmet?

23. TanselAltinel

TanselAltinel

When are you going to push this new version?
    I am going to change my own system with this, because my solution is a little costly to performance :/

24. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

I have already sent the 1.5.5. Waiting for the asset store team.

Still I work on 1.5.6.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
    TanselAltinel likes this.
  25. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Sure!
    The glasses may have any shape type
    I'm just working on a car demo... ;)

hopeful likes this.
  26. Elecman

Elecman

Can the trail angle be a bit more adjustable so the trails are totally sideways or upward, to simulate wind speed and direction?

hopeful likes this.
  27. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

Glass is Awesome

WILEz1975 likes this.
  28. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

It is a feature that I had in mind. Especially for the glass, to simulate the drops movement on a car glass...

hopeful likes this.
  29. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Finally, Liquidum Pro for Unity 5 is out!

olix4242 and hopeful like this.
  30. hopeful

hopeful

Now we need to see if we can turn that window pane raindrop trail into a teardrop on a skinned mesh character ... :)

31. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

hey wilez1975, thx for the great asset,i love it.

i have one question what are the settings for rain out and in?when i go in the room the rain follow me and rain is in the room and outside,in the demo i see the rain is not in the room,this is what i will on my project, how can i change it?

32. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

The rain have a collider, your room must have a roof with a coolider to stop the rain drops.

33. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

ah ok i see thx dude for the quick and helpfull answer :D

34. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

1.5.6 in pending review!

1.5.6 news:
    -Added the option to use loop mode in weather curves to make infinite weather events.
    -Added Simply Drops on glass.
    -Added Micro Drops on glass.
    -Added “add head to trail drops” option on glass.
    -Added “Render Quality” to Glass effect to manage the render to texture size.
    -Fixed “spatialBlend” problems for 3D sounds.
    -Added New demo scene (Car demo).

hopeful likes this.
  35. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

i have to problems found on my projekt,

First : i have a window they have 2 materials (1. for the frame and 2. for the glass) the drop down word now at the frame (1. Material) the secand material (glass) have nothing raindrop effect.

Two : When i teleport to other Scene i became the message thats
    (
    MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'GameObject' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
    Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object.
    UnityEngine.GameObject.GetComponent[LiquidumStatic] () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineGameObjectBindings.gen.cs:35)
    Liquidum.UpdateStatic () (at Assets/LIQUIDUM/Data/Scripts/Liquidum.cs:944)
    Liquidum.Update () (at Assets/LIQUIDUM/Data/Scripts/Liquidum.cs:993) )

in the new Scene is the Liquidum (Main Script) on the Camera but it dont work.

36. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

1. You are right.
    For the moment (I will update soon) the glass must be a mesh detached from windows frame mesh (a children under window frame parent) and with his material. Or the window material must be the first (material with ID = 0).
    In version 1.5.7 I will make sure you can have multiple materials and choose which to apply the effect.
    I do not understand. It happens when you create a new scene?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
    hopeful likes this.
  37. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

yes i have 2 scenes , first scene is in the house ,in this scene is all ok and no errors,then i go to the door (teleport second scene / outside) i became the error,i have look it and use a script with DontDestroyOnLoad(gameObject) ; but this will not work, i became the error in outside scene.I have no idea what gameobject destroyed is.

i see 3 objects in the outside scene will not created :

Liquidum (Rain&Hail&Snow Emitters)
    Liquidum (Fog&Clouds&Bolts)
    Liquidum (On-Screen Main Emitters)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  38. schmosef

schmosef

I'm having trouble getting the Liquidum Pro demos to work in a new Unity 5.1.1 project.

I've followed the instructions in your PDF but I have the following console error:

Assets/LIQUIDUM/Data/Scripts/LiquidumDropOnScreenEmitter.cs(19,72): error CS1061: Type `Liquidum' does not contain a definition for `LiquidumDepthEffects' and no extension method `LiquidumDepthEffects' of type `Liquidum' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)​

Could you maybe post a video showing how to setup a project with Unity 5?

Honestly, it's unusual to have to make so many project changes after importing an asset. Most other asset vendors are able to publish separate versions for Unity 4 and Unity 5.

Am I the only one having issues?

39. hopeful

hopeful

I just imported Liquidum into an existing 5.1 project and I'm not seeing any errors yet. I ran demo 5 without issue.

The car demo is composed in an odd way. I found the inset of the whole car to be a distraction, so I turned off that camera. For some reason the back window on the car doesn't handle the rain properly. It looks like the demo thinks the back window is vertical instead of slanted. (It's an issue with the model, I guess.)

Also there are some raindrops that splash into the car. These are more visible when in deferred / linear, but can still be faintly seen in forward / gamma.

I haven't used the PDF for anything yet. Nor have I tried creating my own scene. Was there something in particular you were trying?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  40. schmosef

schmosef

If I import Liquidum Pro 1.5.6 to a new Unity 5.1.1p2 project I get a bunch of errors about PostEffectBase being unknown.

1 - after import.png

There is a PDF in the documentation folder that explains how to upgrade an existing Liquidum Pro Unity 4 project to a Unity 5 project. Infering from those instructions, I import the "Effects" standard package from the assets menu.

This clears the errors in the console. Yay!

Now, I can run the two "demo04" scenes (car glass and liquidum glass) and the demo5 scene (the lighthouse), but demo01, demo02 and demo03 do not work.

Those three projects have multiple NullReferenceException errors and demo02 complains of missing scripts.

2 - demo02 errors.png

If I start with a Unity 4 project and attempt to upgrade it, I get different errors, like the one I posted previously.

41. hopeful

hopeful

I do get an error when I run Demos 1, 2 and 3, but it is a minor one. It doesn't stop the demo, but it fills the console:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    LiquidumDrainEmitter.StopSound () (at Assets/LIQUIDUM/Data/Scripts/LiquidumDrainEmitter.cs:134)
    LiquidumDrainEmitter.Update () (at Assets/LIQUIDUM/Data/Scripts/LiquidumDrainEmitter.cs:209)

In Demo 2 there is hail, but it shows up dark gray instead of as white. Lightening the hail color in the inspector fixes it.

Snow color in Demo 3 seems fine.

Not sure why you have the import errors, schmosef. Aside from the DrainEmitter error and hail color, everything seemed to run smoothly here.

42. hopeful

hopeful

So ... I decided to install in an empty project ... and yes, the reported error does appear. But I click on Standard Assets and erase that folder, and everything clears up right away.

It occurs to me that if this is the first time you've run a Liquidum demo, the rain and other effects don't necessarily start right away and you might think it is not functioning. The storm effects are either on timers or on 3D triggers that you have to trip by moving around (esp. in demo 3).

43. schmosef

schmosef

On a new project, with just Liquidum Pro imported, deleting the standard assets folder does not fix anything for me. Still getting the same null reference exception errors as before.

Not my first time. The demos work fine in Unity 4.

Console errors that stop execution are not the same as timers and triggers.

44. hopeful

hopeful

I got the same console error as you did - relating to a sound effect - but it does not stop the demo from running for me. It does print 999 times in the console, though. ;)

45. schmosef

schmosef

On mine it stops the demo.

Edit: Sorry, turning off "Error Pause" on the console window does allow the scene to run. But it's not good that it's throwing so many errors. And as you run the scene, it keeps throwing errors.

As a programmer, I can't, in good conscience, disable "pause on error".

There's a problem with the drain emmiter script that does not happen in Unity 4.

And in demo02, it's also complaining about missing scripts.

46. hopeful

hopeful

Using Windows 8.1, U5.1.0f3, 64-bit editor. Maybe in my Unity version that error is handled differently.

It would be good to clear up that error.

@WILEz1975 - Pinging you to let you know about the error ...! :)

47. schmosef

schmosef

It's not a Unity version issue, it's whether you have "Error Pause" enabled in the console window. See above.

48. hopeful

hopeful

Derp! I should have realized that ... :oops:

49. Hotsun

Hotsun

Hi,
    I have 2 problems.
    1. When I walk the rain just left behind me, for fixing it I increased the size of the particle shape at runtime but this is wrong.
    2. I changed the cloud texture in the material but surprisingly nothing changed :O How can I do this?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  50. Assets-Reporter

Assets-Reporter