Search Unity

LIQUIDUM PRO v1.6.x - Unity Asset

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by WILEz1975, Aug 31, 2014.

1. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Sorry but Liquidum is resources expensive and is not made for mobile project.
    Is not suitable for mobile hardware.

2. CarterG81

CarterG81

I'm really interested in the snow effect, but there are no videos or screenshots even for the snow. I read the reviews, and apparently I'm not the only one to think this comes off as "Rain screen effect + Rain", when it is actually much much more. However, the videos are poor and screenshots non-existent. Some better videos would really help this asset a lot.

Even worse, there is no webplayer to demo. Being able to "play" this asset in the webplayer would probably be *the* clincher for people on the edge to buy it.

UniStorm has amazing videos, making the asset come off as "Remake Skyrim!" with their entire video demo look like Skyrim. (Quite impressive video demo to be honest.) Perhaps this would help your asset, to strive for a higher quality video showing this off- or at least the additional features. I looked through all 5 of your videos, and they all looked nearly identical (although showing the camera distortion when under the water was different, and very awesome. Yet I almost missed that part.)

For me, I am on the edge and do not know. Without a demo or better videos, I can't really tell. Even worse, I am doing a 2D game in a 3D world. Not sure how this would look in my game, but there's a good chance it'll look great, and the camera effects are just awesome. However, I've already spent too much today in the asset store, and would rather not buy something that I may end up thinking isn't for my project.

I'm definitely going to be including weather in my game, and would like screen effects like this as well, but I need something which generates not only rain, but also snow & fog. Are there any plans for fog in any future updates?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  3. Chevy-Monster

Chevy-Monster

First off, I must say that the developer is on his game. He has responded to my single email within hours and wrote out instructions to solve the problem (for now).
    Granted they were partly from a customers solution in this thread, but that just means he is paying attention to his product being posted about. Quoted from his email to me - "I'm working to make Liquidum fully compatible with Unity Free and solve this problems." So I am a happy customer after a frustrating couple of hours.

Here is the entire set of instructions from his email. I thought it may be helpful as they are presented in order by the developer. I could not follow #5, but I am OK with that right now : )

--- --- ---
    Hi,
    Unfortunately Unity free does not allow distortion shaders.

A user has found a way to this solve little problems. I paste its solution. Let me know if it works.This is what you have to set:

1---Go to 'Assets/Liquidum/Data/Scripts'.
    Load the 'Liquidum.cs' script.
    Line 33, simple remark this line
    [W_BoxBGr("",5000,2000)]public string space1;
    into
    //[W_BoxBGr("",5000,2000)]public string space1;

This solves the black screen in the inspector.Unfortunately Unity free does not allow customizable transparency on window inspector.

2---Go to the directory 'assets/liquidum/data/materials'.
    Select the material 'Liquidum_Drops', under shader select 'Particles/Additive'.
    Do the same for the material 'Liquidum_Trial'.

This solves the distortion shaders problem . You will have the effect, but limited.

3--- INSIDE A DEMO SCENE
    Select the gameobject 'main camera/Liquidum (Main Script)'.
    Under 'Liquidum script' search for 'Additional Distortion Configuration'.
    Deselect 'Use Additional Distortion'.
    Under 'Liquidum script' search for 'Static Liquid Configuration'.
    Deselect 'Use Static'.
    Under 'Liquidum script' search for 'Trigger Distortion Global Setting'.
    Deselect 'Trigger Distortion'.

4---(to reach perfection) Set the alpha value for the 'Liquidum Drops' to 32 and for the 'Liquidum Trail' to 64, or less

5-- (optional) If does not exist, create a new tag (for example named "Liquidum") and assign it to "Liquidum main prefab". Set this tag on "culling mask" for your camera.

It works, but with a limited effect than the original asset.
    I'm working to make Liquidum fully compatible with Unity Free and solve this problems.
    Regards, WILEz
    --- --- ---

4. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Sorry, wrong step 5 :)

5. Chevy-Monster

Chevy-Monster

Thank you very much. One small mistake, though. It is not a "tag" that needs to be added, but a "layer". : )

6. Chevy-Monster

Chevy-Monster

New problem. Sorry. I have three bands of distinct sky ahead of the player view.

It does not happen with the demo scenes included. I made a blank scene, added a terrain and a fps controller from the Unity Standard Assets. I dropped the "Liquidum (Main Script)" on the player object and pressed play.
    This is the steps from the documentation. What happened?

7. Frogger007

Frogger007

8. Chevy-Monster

Chevy-Monster

Thank you very much! : )
    Woo hoo, I am running in the rain on a flat plain that is not in Spain! ...i am tired...

9. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Oh my god ... I need to sleep :)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  10. Frogger007

Frogger007

How can i change the max. drop on screen intensity from 10 to 50 ?

How must i change the scripts ?

11. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

You can chage DropCreationDelay minimum value and set to 0:
    Go to the Liquidum.cs script and chage the line 88:

[Range(0.1f,1f)]
    public float DropCreationDelay=0.1f;

to:

[Range(0f,1f)]
    public float DropCreationDelay=0.1f;

12. Frogger007

Frogger007

"... they made the pro features free"

What features ?

13. melonhead

melonhead

EVERY SINGLE ONE HAPPY DAYS.........

14. Frogger007

Frogger007

Thanks for the information. It's real great to use unity3d !

15. Defcon44

Defcon44

Hello,

I have qeustion about you'r asset, how i can make distortion dynamically ? like HERE

Thank's

16. Frogger007

Frogger007

Now , i use Liquidum with Unity 5.0.0f4.

There are some new problems.

Please have a look a the 4 pictures. Looks not very nice.

It don't know to solve it !

it happens when i use the rain fog option.

Attached Files:

17. mrekuc

mrekuc

WILEz1975 are you using the DK2? I have the Oculus working with uFPS and Liquidum in Unity 5. There were a few unwanted sky effects that happened but adjusted some parameters and resolved it.

18. boysenberry

boysenberry

This is a really wonderful project and I am glad I purchased it as well as excited to begin using it. I am beginning my project using the new features Unity 5 leverages and am wondering if you'll be getting it to work in Unity 5 and if so when your timeline is?

Thank you,
    Boysenberry

19. hopeful

hopeful

Looking forward to seeing this get updated for Unity 5. :)

Frogger007 and boysenberry like this.
  20. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Hope for a U5 version soon too.

boysenberry likes this.
  21. Stephen_O

Stephen_O

I got this to work on mobile in Unity 4, to a degree. Just tossing this out there.. any chance of getting a set of prefabs/textures included that are already as optimized as they can be for mobile platforms?

22. melonhead

melonhead

willing to re-purchase if this is finally fully unity 5 ready without having to fiddle with code, so is it ready?

please give us a unity 5 webplayer demo?

23. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

Is this not fully compatible with Unity 5?

Thanks for this, I was going to use this on a mobile game, but if you say that this is not suitable for mobile hardware, may be true, BUT what mobile hardware have you used for the testing and for knowing this?

i mean with the latest mobile phones and latest tablets of 2015, the hardware is much more powerful and faster than it was from the ones from last year, and although is always better to make a game compatible with a wider amount of mobile hardware, maybe it could be possible to have a switch that if you have a newer mobile you switch on the Liquidum feature in the game.

Maybe I could a test myself and see how it may work on my own iPad

thanks for any help

24. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Honestly I have not done tests for mobile devices. Mine is only a hypothesis, but try not prohibited. :)

25. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

Thanks for the information, I have tried to make a test but regretably is not possible to do it on unity 5, so I will have to do it in Unity 4.6

Is there any possible estimated date for a Unity 5 version, I am not in a hurry and do not need it urgent, and for me you can take your time to make it right

26. melonhead

melonhead

why has this not been updated for unity 5 already? i am ready to re-purchase this asset but only when fully ready, please show us some new videos and a webplayer demo using unity 5?

27. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

What mobile have you used for the test?

i may be wrong, and sorry if I mistaken the question, but are you refering to the prefabs/textures included in the demo scene?

yes, I agree it would be great that there could be an update to Unity 5, I think that maybe is not that he does not want to do it, it may be difficult to do the conversion and make the update, and it can take some time, or maybe he is too busy in this moment, I do not know.

but I think that it would be better that this is explained so we can understand why and so we can wait until is finished

boysenberry likes this.
  28. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

The problem of update from Unity 4 to 5 is that I should redo almost everything and I would have to create a new asset to download by charging again those who already have the 4 version. I would avoid this.

But now I've found a solution.
    I will create a free package that does not contain the things that have not changed since Unity 4 version downloadable from those who already have version 4.

29. Frogger007

Frogger007

"I would have to create a new asset to download by charging again those who already have the 4 version"

Why you must create a new asset for the update ?

30. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

To avoid that no longer work with Unity 4. But as I said I'll do both. An updated and a Unity 5 only version.

boysenberry and Frogger007 like this.
  31. Frogger007

Frogger007

I think this 2 way solution sounds ok !

32. hopeful

hopeful

Looking forward to the Unity 5 update. I only see a few errors in the console when I import it into U5, so I hope it will be a relatively easy process.

33. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Yep, I have already solved the errors in console, they were due mainly to not working files of unity 4 standard assets, which included on my asset that can also delete and replaced with Unity 5 standard asset files.
    Also I solved some shader problems displaying.
    News soon.

34. melonhead

melonhead

sounds like good news, will certainly re-purchase once i see this work with unity 5, keep up the good work

35. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

OK guys ...
    It 'a first test.
    The Unity 5 update is here: http://www.wilez.it/liquidum/Updates/LIQUIDUM_V1.5(u5_onlyUpdate).unitypackage

But before you import the new package (if you have not done):

After importing Liquidum 1.4.5 (Unity 4 version) in Unity 5, will have many errors.
    Follow these instructions:

- Delete "Image Effects (Pro Only)" directory
    - Delete "Utitity Script" directory under "Standar Asset / Script" dytectory
    - Delete "Image Effect" under Editor directory. (You can reimport the new version from menu Asset / Import Pakage / Effects in Unity 5)
    -Now, import Liquidum 1.5 update.
    -Cross your fingers.

boysenberry likes this.
  36. hopeful

hopeful

I've tried this patch for U5, and the demos seem to be working. I'm not sure if any particular feature was considered broken on U5, so I don't know if there's something in particular I should look for.

37. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

There is still to fix some small detail because of the different management of some different characteristics between U4 and U5.

But all features are unchanged and functioning.

38. hopeful

hopeful

If I wanted to have a scene that takes place in a home or car interior, looking out through a window into the rain, how would I get the raindrop / drip / blur effects (but mainly the speckling of drops) to occur on a window, not on the camera?

It would also be nice to get the drops / trickles to move in a direction on the window, to reflect the effect of wind or opposite the movement of the car.

+10 genius points if there's a way to do windshield wipers :)

39. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

You know that's a good question ...
    Indeed, it would be a nice feature to add to the new version of the asset.
    But it would be used sparingly, that is, you will not have many windows or projections with this effect because it alone is already heavy.
    But it's a great idea!

40. hopeful

hopeful

Probably the performance can be managed, as rarely does a person look out of more than one window at a time, and if they can look through more than one, they are likely a distance back, so maybe no rain details when a person is more than a meter or so away from the window.

41. Stephen_O

Stephen_O

For mobile it did not work out of the box at all, I played with the different components included with the kit to get it to work. textures were some of the things I adjusted to be able to get a visual. I don't recall if I got full screen distortion to work or not. but I had drops on screen rain lightning and a decent storm effect going. I basically just reduced the quality on everything and adjusted the inspector by disabling the features that wouldn't run on Android.

The main drawback for mobile is that all that effort has to be done for it to work. It's possible. but at that point you're gutting the asset and rebuilding it. And there are so many features being unused. It can be used for newer mobile devices just needs to be optimized or have editor options to make the required adjustments. I used Note 3 for testing, I liked what I saw.

I'm not complaining just providing insight as it was requested. This is a great asset.

42. hopeful

hopeful

Looks like the U5 version is available for download. :)

boysenberry likes this.
  43. Pedro-Alaiagames

Pedro-Alaiagames

Hello!

Im trying the plugin in Unity 5, all seems to work fine. But ive got an error in the MS Visual Studio.
    "
    Error 1 } expected ...\Assets\LIQUIDUM\Data\Scripts\Liquidum_AutomaticWeatherEvents.cs 127 38
    "
    At line 127

Is that normal?

Thank you very much!

44. Pedro-Alaiagames

Pedro-Alaiagames

Solved!!!

There are some especial ASCII character in line 128- 129 but they are invisibles on the MS Visual Studio Editor. Once they are erased the errors disapears... and the project compiles properly.

Thanx.

45. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Small note:
    The Unity 5 Liquidum link (http://u3d.as/gdx) at the moment does not work, but it is correct.
    Simply the asset store team has yet to enter the asset. I sent Unity4 and Unity5 versions together but it seems that when it comes to a new asset times are longer.;)

I'm working on a new component called "liquidum on window glass." From the name you can imagine what it will do, drops and trail drops over objects (using render to texture).
    News soon...

ksam2, hopeful and boysenberry like this.
  46. matej_mnoucek

matej_mnoucek

Hello,
    is possible to exclude NGUI elements from this great effect ?

I have just build wonderfull weather prefabs but with this one issue.
    My NGUI UI is affected the same way as scene. That is not what I want.

Thank you for your advice.
    M.

47. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

You can post a picture to let me know the problem?
    Do you want your Ngui over the Liquidum effects and not influenced by the various distorted effects?

48. matej_mnoucek

matej_mnoucek

Yes, I want NGUI over the Liquidum. Now all of the UI elements are distorted.

How can I deal with that issue ?

Thanks
    M.

49. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Ops... :)
    I had not thought about this problem. I'll try to solve as soon as possible.

50. sluice

sluice

I have to say that I love that asset.
    Many Thanks for updating to Unity5! :D