Search Unity

Linux client?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deleted User, May 25, 2013.

1. Dantus

Dantus

Isn't the topic of this thread about the Unity Editor for Linux?

:)

2. Ryiah

Ryiah

That's the fault of the manufacturer of your computer. If you buy a boxed, or digital, copy of Windows it will not come with any of that.

Internet Explorer has become a decent browser. It isn't quite up to the level of Chrome or Firefox, but it is much better than it used to be. It is also used internally by a number of programs such as Visual Studio.

3. Sslaxx

Sslaxx

Certainly an option, yes.

4. Tomnnn

Tomnnn

Heh, I know. But you never get the option with a packaged deal on a gaming laptop to have a boxed / blank / clean install. It always comes with like 10 programs to make sure the touchpad can detect you rolling your face all over it, several programs to make sure the audio is smooth, a few NVidia optimizers, and some premium bloatware.

I replaced visual studio with QT on all of my computers :D

I recommend it. Even if you're unmotivated to try something new, you'll be pleasantly surprised by the small setup.

5. Ryiah

Ryiah

Visual Studio has gotten a bit hefty as of late.

Tomnnn likes this.
  6. thxfoo

thxfoo

Yes. Community edition like 10GB, WTF. Installed it yesterday on my dualboot.
    Crashed during install (running UE4 in parallel was too much heat for my notebook). At least you can resume the install and it does not download everything again (if you find out how).

7. Tomnnn

Tomnnn

Haven't we all :/ lol oh, how this field has destroyed my health ;_;

QT is 214MB :D

Ryiah likes this.