Search Unity

Linux build 5.4RC compatible with Unity Remote 4?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by fceuppen, Jul 17, 2016.

1. fceuppen

fceuppen

I've been using the experimental Linux Unity3D builds for a while. Each version is more stable and offers more accurate GUI, better performance. So I'm quite happy with the Linux port. Big thanks to the Linux team!

Recently I've been trying to hook up Unity Remote 4 android app. The app works fine using Windows Unity3D on the same machine and same tablet.

The same app connected to the Linux Unity3D Editor has a different behavior: when in game view, switched to Remote (1280x752), this view is visible within the app, although it only shows : the "Scene" and "Game" tabs, Remote, Scale, "Maximize on Play" up to "Gizmos". The actual game view is grey. When I interact with the scale or click on Stats, the GUI does change in the app, both using PNG and JPEG. A screenshot is included.

Furthermore the App does emit touch events, I've added some debug logging. So I've concluded there is bidirectional communication.

Linux: Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS
    Android: 5.1.1

Same issue using AMD cards as NVidia.

Any idea's?

Attached Files:

2. Tak

Tak

Unity Remote 4 should work with the Linux builds - I tested it a few versions ago, although it's always possible that something regressed.

3. fceuppen

fceuppen

Thanks for the positive feedback. Now I know it should work.
    As mentioned before, there is communication both ways and even the JPEG/PNG's are being displayed, although only the title bar of the game window.

It seems there's an issue with "only" with the transformation of the 3D game view to JPEG or PNG. Are there any specific settings, such as shaders settings or other graphics settings advisable?

Are there some specific log files where I could look for issues, maybe external libraries?

4. codeviki

codeviki

Hello was this issue resolved, I have the same exact issue with Ubuntu and Unity 5.4.0f3 build. Can some one please help.