Search Unity

Lightmap / light intensity problem

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by emeryon, Jan 3, 2014.

1. emeryon

emeryon

hello,
    i am working on a lightmap and have a problem that i can t fix. I am trying to lightmap my static elements which receive lights from one or two point lights and two directional lights. the result is ok but i can't obtain the intensity i want from the points lights. i ve changed a few things but nothing seems to work. May be someone will understand what i am doing wrong or missing ? I join screens of various intensities giving the same results and a screen showing the one i want ( right side, second screen ).
    $intensity_1.jpg $intensity_to_achieve.jpg $intensity_7.jpg

thanks for replies.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  2. Thomas-Pasieka

Thomas-Pasieka

It's hard to figure out what you're after here. You say you got 2 directional lights, various point lights and I see that you have a Skylight Intensity of 1 additionally. You also got Bounce Intensity cranked up to 3.

I suggest using low settings to make quick renders first. Turn off all lights but one directional light first and then do quick renders - and continue adding/taking lights. Seems a bit of a mess at the moment.

3. emeryon

emeryon

hello Thomas,
    thx for your answer. i did start with low settings, no bounce, only a directional, then only point lights but it seems dir and point together don t work well for me. it does lightmap but with poor point light intensity compared to no lightmapping ( like on the right side on screen 2 ).
    I tried multiple passes to obtain the result i want but no succes. if i can give other info i ll glady do.
    edit : i did not try to get rid of the sky intensity, may it be the cause of the problem ( why ) ?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  4. nandos81

nandos81

Hi Emeryon,
    I got the same problem.
    Did you resolve it?
    Best.