Search Unity

Level 11 issues.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Remiel, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Remiel

Remiel

Can you provide more information about level 11?
    I see it provides some discounts as well as free assets, will it continue to do so? Do you have a fixed number of free and discounted assets each month or does it vary?
    Will this program be permanent, meaning that 10 years from now it will be still active, or are you just giving it a go and seeing how it turns out?
    As a professional licence holder, how long do I have free access to the program? Forever? For 2 years? Until the next major version of unity?

2. josker

josker

Just to add when will it be available to Personal users?

Sir-Spunky likes this.
  3. Remiel

Remiel

That's also an interesting question. +1

4. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

For the forseeable future at least it will continue to do so. I'd imagine for a long time since it is one of the benefits to a Unity Pro subscription

The Free assets change monthly. I'm not sure how they determine discounted assets. They probably change monthly or daily or whenever Unity decides to rotate them, but I'm guessing they will rotate frequently.

I'm not sure anyone can predict the future 10 years from now. :) But it seems to be a permanent fixture.

The assets you get through the program should be yours forever. I'm not clear on how long the program lasts. Many of the services available with Unity Pro I believe are an annual subscription, so I think the Pro perpetual licensees will have access to them (like Cloud Build) for 1 year and will have to buy a subscription to continue going forward, though I'm not 100% positive and not sure if Level 11 will follow the same model so I'm also curious about this one. :)

5. dc

dc

As a Unity 4 Pro user I can say that Level11 discounts and freebies does not seem to apply.
    If Level 11 is only for Subscription Pro users or Unity 5 Pro this should be made clear. The current wording "Upgrade to Pro and get access to Level 11 right now" it's somewhat unclear. Cheers!

6. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

The only Pro on sale for months has been Unity 5 Pro. When you purchased your 4 Pro there was no Level 11 to get access to. It's a Unity 5 service.

7. shaderop

shaderop

When they upgrade to Pro.

8. Ryiah

Ryiah

They're supposed to be making it available to Personal users for $19/month.

9. josker

josker

They have said in another thread that it will be available after March (no date given), there is a delay due to payment issues.

Kiwasi and Ryiah like this.
  10. Frogger007

Frogger007

I would like to see the availability in march !

11. OneThree

OneThree

I have Unity Pro, but the most recent round of Level 11 assets are not showing up as free for me. Am I missing something? I'm logged into my account in both the editor and on the Asset Store website, and I've confirmed on the license page that I have a Unity 5.x Pro license.

12. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

@OneThree - Are you sure you're looking at the correct column? There are 3 free assets (Pro Mouse, plyGame and Edy's Vehicle Physics) and a few deeply discounted ones.

13. OneThree

OneThree

Yep. ProMouse is showing $19.95 for me right now.

14. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Silly question but... are you sure you're logged in? Try blowing away your browser cache and coming back... Also, just try adding one to your cart and see if it shows up as free. They still show free for me (also a Pro subscriber).

15. OneThree

OneThree

I'm working with support now. I'm logged in, and my account has Level 11 access. If I view ProMouse on the Level 11 page, it shows as free. As soon as I click the Asset itself to go to its page, it shows $19.95. It also shows $19.95 if I add it to my cart.

The Asset Store is super buggy, at least on OS X, so I won't be surprised if this is just another navigation bug.

16. Doddler

Doddler

I have Unity 5 pro, got my free Level 11 assets last month, but this month I'm getting told I don't have access. I have a ticket in with support too. Seems pretty buggy. :/

17. Afif-Faris

Afif-Faris

Wew, I thought I am the only one who got this problem. Suddenly my Level11 access is gone too.

18. Games-Foundry

Games-Foundry

Confirmed.

19. tnaseem

tnaseem

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but thought I'd ask.

I'm a Unity Pro 5 user (pre-ordered a perpetual licence a while ago). I normally have access to the Level 11 deals. But as of today, the Asset Store has decided I no longer have access to Level 11 (No '11' icon on my name, nor can I get the free assets).

Checked my Unity Licence to see if anything is borked there, but it still states Unity has the pro licence.

Logging out and in again to the Unity store doesn't help, nor restarting Unity. Also checked on the Unity Store on the web, and it's the same.

Something not right here...

20. the_motionblur

the_motionblur

The Icon is gone for me as well but the Link to Level 11 still works and shows the free and reduced assets while I'm logged in.

21. tnaseem

tnaseem

hmm... The link is there and I can get to the page, but I'm presented with this:

Screenshot_29_04_15_10_31_pm.png
    It thinks I'm on a Personal Edition for some reason. If I click on the offers below, it takes me to their page, but only gives me the full price too.

Do you get this screen too?

22. the_motionblur

the_motionblur

Yes. I do get the same screen. But I'm not sure about the prices since I've already got all the free assets. Don't know whether they rise to full price again after one buy - since everybody gets only one free license.

It is odd, though. You are right.
    Maybe @Aurore knows what's going on, here?

23. tnaseem

tnaseem

I've only grabbed the one free asset prior to this (Edy's vehicle physics). Going to that asset page gives me the download button and another to buy extra licences (as normal for purchased assets). The other assets in Level 11 are the ones that display the full price on their pages, however (ProMouse, plyGame, etc)

Anyway, it sounds like it's a system wide issue then, as it appears you're in the same boat. I've sent in a support request, just to see what's going on.

Thanks for letting me know!

Cheers,
    Taz

24. super-cypher

super-cypher

me as well. Pro user - level 11 gone and full price when i click to buy something.

tnaseem likes this.
  25. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

Ah! Ok I'll let people know ASAP about this and keep you updated.

Just double checking though, you all have Pro licenses right and have not received a refund.

26. JAMiller

JAMiller

I'm having the same issue! I have Pro 5 and really want to try out Eddy's vehicle physics & plyGame but they don't show as free. I'll email support, but hopefully they can resolve it before the assets rotate out at the end of the month (tomorrow?!)

I tried logging in and out, tried from Website (Chrome/Windows) & from Asset Store window in Unity 5... no luck.

I've never tried to use Level11 until today, because I was deciding whether or not to request a refund on my Unity 5 Pro pre-order. Yesterday I decided I would keep Pro, which was a difficult decision, but now I'm feeling pretty disappointed by this problem with my 'pro benefits'!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  27. tnaseem

tnaseem

Yep. Still on Pro. Didn't go for a refund. This Level 11 thing just occurred out of the blue today.

28. Jaimi

Jaimi

Same for me - Level 11 access is gone, and I'm still a Pro owner with a perpetual license.

29. superwendel

superwendel

This is strange, just the other day it was Level 11 for me and now it isn't showing next to my profile icon within the asset store and I don't have access to the Level 11 sale prices. Everything shows up full price when I actually go to the product page. I was someone who pre-ordered Unity 5 so I've had it since it began. Hope this gets sorted out as I was waiting till the end of the month to purchase a certain package.

30. Aurore

Aurore

Cool thanks for the info, I've passed it on. Luckily I'm in Copenhagen today so I could run around and tell people in person!

31. Aurore

Aurore

We've had a few reports now of Pro users not having access to Level 11 and we're investigating to problem, please follow this thread for information about it. I've merged a thread into this one covering the same topic.

32. the_motionblur

the_motionblur

Just checking in as well. Also Pro Customer without refund.

33. LaneFox

LaneFox

Ditto, worked recently, not working today.

34. Aurore

Aurore

We located the issue and it should be fixed now so please try again :) Log in and log out again to get access again.

35. LaneFox

LaneFox

Relogged and its back to normal. =)

Aurore likes this.
  36. superwendel

superwendel

Didn't even have to log back in. Back to normal. Thanks!

Aurore likes this.
  37. Afif-Faris

Afif-Faris

Back to normal again!
    Thanks =D

Aurore likes this.
  38. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

All is working now, thank you :)

39. OneThree

OneThree

I was able to initiate the purchase process in the editor, with the assets now showing up as free, but when I got to the web browser portion of the purchase (which showed up as $0.00), I got the following error:

Your order was declined. Please verify your information.

The Asset Store has been so buggy for so long ... you'd think Unity would want to make it as easy as possible for people to give them money.

40. OneThree

OneThree

I was able to do the purchase correctly when going solely through the Asset Store website, not using the editor at all. I didn't change any of my account info; the editor purchase path was just broken.

41. Rowell

Rowell

I am experiencing the same issue. I have a Unity 5 Pro license, yet when I add the free items to my cart (in the Unity Asset store, or the Web asset store), the price is being used instead of free.

I've tried logging off then back on, restarting the browser, closing out of Unity. Nothing seems to be working to clear it.

42. Amon

Amon

Unity 5 Pro customer here and I cannot access Level 11. Having the same problems as others. A fix would be cool.

43. JAMiller

JAMiller

I was happy to see that today it was allowing me to add to my cart for free, however I get the same error when trying to go through with the $.0.00 purchase:

Your order was declined. Please verify your information.

Edit:

I was able to "trick it" into working by adding the 3 free items to my cart, and then a $2 item (Inspector Navigator) to my cart and paying for it...

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  44. Aurore

Aurore

Thanks for letting us know, we're looking at the issue now.

45. Rowell

Rowell

Thanks for the response. Trying to get a few of the freebies/discounted items before they change tomorrow.

EDIT: Problem seems to be resolved. Many thanks for the quick response and resolution.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  46. Aurore

Aurore

Apparently this issue doesn't affect every Level 11 user, if you're using the express checkout, select "Go To Shopping Cart" in the Express Checkout window, and choose Checkout from there. That should work.

mcconrad likes this.
  47. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

Is curious that EVEN PRO users does not have access or problems when trying to use the Level 11

I think that I have to agree with shaderop, it seems that the ONLY way after already 3 months waiting is upgrading to PRO because it seems that they do not care about personal users and does not bother to make it available as promised on March.

I understand that maybe it could not be available on the first month for personal users, but now we are already on the THIRD MONTH of Level 11 and there is no news about this 19$

How much will the Personal users will have to wait to getting Level 11 access?

Frogger007 likes this.
  48. mcconrad

mcconrad

yes i was having issues for 2 days with transaction declined using express purchase, but going to shopping cart first allowed me to actually complete it. thx!

49. Aurore

Aurore

Not much longer, we're working on it.

50. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

So even if you are PRO user, you still have problems to buy things in the Level 11 store, so then why being a PRO

Is curious that the only real and available motivation to be a PRO (at least for me and others I know) does not work as expected and there is still no news about when already PRO user will be able to benefit from Level 11

And what about the rest of the post you quoted?

Well, I suposse that also the answer is "we are working on it" and maybe this could take 3 or 4 months or maybe we have to wait to have access top Level 11 paying 19$ as a Christmas gift