Legacy Online Entertainment is recruiting for ~ Guild of Legends ~

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by Legacy, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Legacy

Legacy

We have just released a new preview video showcasing the Unistorm Dynamic weather and sky system we have recently added to the project. Check it out:

A new tech demo for steve from arteria who does all of the assets we are currently using can be played here - http://legacyonlineentertainment.com/WebPlayer/

A tech demo is available(keep in mind this is just a tech demo it is not everything i have done. It is just a demo scene built to show some of the work that has been done.)

You can download the tech demo at: http://guildoflegends.com/GuildDemo.zip
    Alternatively if you are having download issues please use the link: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21086155/GuildDemo.zip

The Tech Demo Includes:
    - NGUI demo(Next Gen UI)
    - Itweenpath(You can take a flight on the dragon that is flying around torching everything ;))
    - Roughly 35% of the main human capital(Tidus).
    - Camera Clipping and occlusion(needs a little more tweaking)
    - Camera Controls(needs a few more features that i havn't had the chance to get around to coding.)
    - Particles(the fog around the river in the woods and the dragons flame)
    - Character Controls(Yes i know he jumps like superman, i did this to make it easier to get to places i shouldnt be able to get to it will be tweaked back down in the future.)
    - Shadows and Amazing looking trees and plants :)
    - River tool (will probably replace the shader but the tool is awesome!)
    - 1 Dynamic magic effect when you jump(i bought the pack just havn't gotten around to using it all yet.)
    - Run/walk toggling
    - Main Menu Toggling
    - Camera switching

Make sure to give feedback and let me know about any bugs :)

I am reposting this topic as the other topic has become messy(if a moderator could please delete the old topic it would be great, thanks!)

Hello Unity community! (Hey that rhymes!),

I am the Lead Designer and Owner of the game Rise of Guardian’s currently in development by Legacy Online Entertainment. You’re probably wondering why I’m posting here, right? Well it seems that our small team is in need of some artists! So where better to look for aspiring artists who want to make art for great games written with the Unity game engine? The Unity Community forums of course! We are currently looking for artists for graphical images such as interface layouts or website graphics as well as modelers and animators. Now, I am decent with modeling and animating myself but I just do not have the ability to design the game, write the code, and do the art as well so I am looking to you for help.

A little background on the game –

Rise of Guardians is our current game in development. Previously named guild of legends we decided to rename the project to better fit the story and avoid any name conflicts. Rise of Guardians is about a world that is changing, the world is on the eve of total darkness and corruption. The people of this world are totally unaware of the threat that is rising. People around the world have begun to notice some very interesting signs. Vicious creatures have been appearing in places they do not normally dwell. Villages have been raised to the ground leaving naught but ashes.

Here is a little excerpt I wrote to explain the player’s role:

Rise of Guardians​

As I arrived upon the glistening shores of Sarth’ul, I could not but notice the beautiful surroundings. The tropical plants and trees that lined the shore were slowly waving in the wind as if they were saying hello and welcome to Sarth’ul. There was a large waterfall flowing with the clearest blue water I have ever seen over very large rocks that glistened under the suns radiance. As I stepped foot on shore I noticed some ruffling in the tree line ahead, all of a sudden as the trees parted an ogre arose from the forests edge. I was stunned in disbelief and fear. The ogre glanced over and immediately noticed me standing there and began charging towards me with a tree trunk he was wielding as a club. Just as he was about to swing his club an arrow seemed to come out of nowhere and struck the ogre in the arm. The ogre looked down at the arrow and then back up at the location the arrow came from and standing in the clearing was a child no older than 15 years of age standing there with a bow. The ogre turned and roared then began to charge at the child wielding the bow. The child rose up his bow and drew back his arrow and suddenly the arrow began to glow a bright orange and as the child steadied the arrow it ignited with fire and the child let go and fired the arrow striking the ogre in his left shoulder. The ogre immediately screamed in pain from the searing arrow still burning in his shoulder. The ogre pulled out the arrow and even angrier than before began charging towards the child again. The child drew back his bow once more, this time he had 2 arrows drawn back at once. As the child drew the bow back further one of the arrows began to glow a bright blue colour and started to emanate a frosty blue trail while the other began to glow a dark brown colour and began to emanate what looked to be small stones. The child fired the arrows. The blue arrow charged ahead of the brown one and struck the ogre first square in his chest. The ogre began to slow down to a dead stop as if he was frozen in time. As the brown arrow struck the ogre, his body shattered and all of the pieces scattered everywhere as if he were made of glass. The child approached me and asked me if I was alright. Still stunned from what just happened I looked up and asked him what had just happened. The child said “Wonder not, in time you will know. Let me help you up and show you to my village.” I followed the child%
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  2. NOVASOFTstudios

NOVASOFTstudios

While you've got a lot done I can't help thinking that it looks and sounds a lot like WoW...

What distinguishes your game from the likes of WoW?
  3. Legacy

Legacy

well i do want to design the game with some of the systems that work for wow but the look and feel of our game is already different from wow. Blizzard chose a cartoony style art and our game is going to look more realistic, more rustic than wow. Theres a few systems that we are implementing that i have not seen before and there are a couple of features that we are going to redesign.you've got to remember that every mmo is similar to another in some way shape or form. What i hope to accomplish is to refine some of the common features that you see in most mmo's as well as introduce some new features that i believe will make this game stand out from the rest. Unfortunately i cannot disclose these as i require a non disclosure agreement in order to disclose any information listed in our G.D.D =)

Edit: I want to clarify that we are not trying to build a wow killer here. I just have some unique design ideas =)
  4. Legacy

Legacy

monday bump
  5. kmgilbert100

kmgilbert100

Looks great! WoW does not come to mind for me, I think it looks more like a Oblivion Online version! Keep up the good work.
  6. Legacy

Legacy

Thanks =) im working as much as i can to get a new video out, i do alot of different things from video editing to programming and even rigging and animating lol. My client developer is doing a pretty good job coding the login screens(character creation, selection, and realm selection). I have been writing all of the server code and designing the game logic.
  7. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape Moderator

The only issue I have is the erotically charged bald oiled male with bright red nipples and really tiny pinched penis. Personally I find it deeply disturbing, as though I was trapped in a medieval prison cell with him, with only a few rays of sunlight peeping in through the tiny opening at the top of the cell, as he gets closer to me.

You might either want to give him clothes or something!

[​IMG]

Here, we can see him balancing on a tightrope, naked at night time. He is sweaty with exertion and will soon cross the gap towards the player, who is cowering in fear.
  8. Legacy

Legacy

lol was thinking about using make human models for cut scenes that was just a test import into 3ds max
  9. Legacy

Legacy

Decided to go with a different server approach, we are going with the new loadbalancer server that photon offers giving us the ability and flexability of having a master server and multiple different types of sub servers that each handle different things. I should have the new servers up by the end of the week with logging in etc done. With this type of design i will be utilizing photons ability to have servers talk to each other and exchange data the same way a client does.
  10. Dávid Debnár

Dávid Debnár

Well...I could do some stuff :). I saw you wan't some Game Designers and coders :). I could help you with both (wasn't that obvious from the previous sentence? :D). I have a small team called Nitidus Consto and I am a programmer and game designer in it but currently our projects are kinda frozen so I could help you with some stuff. I am not offering a 24/7 support but what I would like more would be just a part of your team and have a word in it :). I mean making games isn't just about actually making them but I think that talking and consulting the story etc.. is really a big part. So I would like to be a guy in team that would be kinda forming the game with you guys and maybe even occasionally programming :). I think this is it :D. I'm gonna send you an email too in case you don't reply in a day or so :). Just so you know.

I really like your idea :).

-- David
  11. Legacy

Legacy

Sounds good, i do require team members to sign an NDA before any information is disclosed. I will provide you with this and if you could print it out and sign it and then send it back to me electronicly via email that would be great. This will give you a physical copy and me a digital copy =)
  12. Dávid Debnár

Dávid Debnár

I am sorry then because I cant sign NDA :/. Not 18 yet.
  13. Dávid Debnár

Dávid Debnár

I think your "needage" just went to 0. I got it, no one wants a kid in their team :/. No offence dude :D.
  14. Legacy

Legacy

Never said that, just at work at the moment can't really reply lol. Well i cannot disclose any information on the game systems itself until i release previews but you are more than welcome to pitch in your ideas =)
  15. Dávid Debnár

Dávid Debnár

Thanks for the V.I.P pitching ^^. That will be just enough for me :). That's what I meant so I will be happy with that "position". I will be waiting for that day :). If anything just send me and email to nitidusconsto@gmail.com .

And I really didn't wanted to say anything against you or your work, but I just wanted to point out that laws aren't suited for adolescents (I hope that this word means like not adults, because I always have a mix about the meaning of it).

And I would like to consult some stuff with your too :). If our projects melt and we start doing some stuff, than I would like you to post your ideas too :). I will just pinch a bit about our current idea. Main character will be an "idea" or an "tought" in some folks brain. He will be dead. But you will make him live and you will be situated in his dreams/other ideas and we wanna make it in the edge of a horror or a psychotic game. But we don't have anything except some sketches and this big idea in our heads :).

-- David
  16. Legacy

Legacy

Alrighty, i will be posting any game progress or previews on this topic so just stay tuned =). If you see anything and would like to pitch in an idea then just let me know.
  17. Legacy

Legacy

I found a very nice document explaining multi player updating and 2 systems that you could use to acheive this. This document also explains the downsides of both of the systems, one of which is Interpolation which is the method we are going with. Thought this could be of use to some people

Attached Files:

18. Legacy

Legacy

Thursday Bump
  19. Legacy

Legacy

Thursday Bump - Almost finished with region stitching. Layout done for player movement and multiplayer movement updates. Working on a way to implement NPC movement updates.
  20. Toxic3DArt

Toxic3DArt

21. Legacy

Legacy

Some recent updates:

- Wrote a paged terrain system for the client(not sure if i should be using loadlevelasync instead but i havn't seen any examples of this).
    - Basics down for spell system including a system that loads information to a hover over component(for highlighting spells on the spell bar).
    - Started building the first dungeon level.
    - Random additions to the human capital city(castle, mote, etc...)
    - Basic region server system using Photon's load balancing server.
    - Im sure theres more random things i have been working on that i have not mentioned lol...

Ive got a few pics i will upload when i get home, also im trying to look into the plugin that was released to allow photon to act as a router so to speak and use a "Master client" to simulate the physics and allow for a fully authorative type server, If anyone has any input on this let me know =).
  22. Prion Games

Prion Games

23. Legacy

Legacy

Some recent scenes ive been working on =)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  24. Prion Games

Prion Games

Just amazing!
  25. Legacy

Legacy

I finally got around to finishing exporting the 90 layers of the Necromancer GUI PSD into seperate files and loaded them into a texture atlas. Here it is in action with the NGUI system -

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  26. Astero

Astero

xD !
  27. Legacy

Legacy

Yea i wish i could have seen the pictures he posted but sadly they are broken ='/
  28. beckett230

beckett230

Hey mate, i've sent you an email. Please read it.

Thanks Chris
  29. Legacy

Legacy

I did get your email, i just have not had a chance to reply back yet. It has been very busy the last few weeks with work but rest assured i will attempt to contact people tonight, i will be re installing skype aswell tonight. If anyone wishes to speak to me i will be home around 6:30 eastern standard time.

In other news - I have a couple pics of the dragon model i just purchased from 3DFoin, it looks very very nice in this scene with the shader im using =).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  30. Dabeh

Dabeh

That looks scary.
  31. Legacy

Legacy

im gonna play around with it tonight to see what kinds of things i can do with it =) im also thinking of getting the hydra model they have, i want to stray away from using dragons or hydras too much(like blizzard does making them kind of a joke). You are supposed to see a dragon and be like "O.O IM OUTTA HERE!" lol
  32. Prion Games

Prion Games

When you get skype working add me.
  33. rik338

rik338

Thoose new scenes look great!
  34. Prion Games

Prion Games

I too have a few hundred dollars worth of assets that I can contribute :)
  35. logana60

logana60

i hope you have unity pro because with more players thats gonna "grape" alot of peoples grapchics cards

*cough* skyrim online *cough*
  36. TehWut

TehWut

.......what?
  37. logana60

logana60

which part lol i think you mean the grape part here

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  38. TehWut

TehWut

both. the first one makes no sense and there's a reason Skryim is not online.

VERY nice dragon by the way.
  39. logana60

logana60

well with unity pro you get access to occlision culling which would allow a broader spectrum of players to try your game players + enviroment + hordes of monsters doesnt sound to graphic freindly even with the fog you are going to get better performance
  40. Overlord

Overlord

You know why it rhymes right? :)
  41. logana60

logana60

im confused
  42. Legacy

Legacy

I currently do not own a license to unity pro but have been saving up for a copy and will have a full license way before development for the game finishes, currently i am uploading a demo scene to show how the game will look, i know all about ambient occlusion and will be using it but first i need someone with a super computer to bake it -_-, no matter what settings i try it always seems to error out on the pvs sampling and i have decent computer specs including a decent graphics card and a decent core 2 running at 3.4ghz 6mb l2 cache and has virtualization technology(just thought id splash that in there has nothing to do with game development or calculations for game development lol).

In other news i have made the dragon breath fire and made him follow a simple itween path. All which will be seen in the demo scene(i have added a small button to switch to the dragon, i would have used NGUI for the button but i deleted my old texture atlas and havnt gotten around to creating the new one with new fonts.)
  43. Overlord

Overlord

You can't spell community without "Unity" commUNITY.
  44. Legacy

Legacy

A tech demo is available(keep in mind this is just a tech demo it is not everything i have done. It is just a demo scene built to show some of the work that has been done.)

You can download the tech demo at: http://guildoflegends.com/GuildDemo.zip

The Tech Demo Includes:
    - NGUI demo(Next Gen UI)
    - Itweenpath(You can take a flight on the dragon that is flying around torching everything ;))
    - Roughly 35% of the main human capital(Tidus).
    - Camera Clipping and occlusion(needs a little more tweaking)
    - Camera Controls(needs a few more features that i havn't had the chance to get around to coding.)
    - Particles(the fog around the river in the woods and the dragons flame)
    - Character Controls(Yes i know he jumps like superman, i did this to make it easier to get to places i shouldnt be able to get to it will be tweaked back down in the future.)
    - Shadows and Amazing looking trees and plants :)
    - River tool (will probably replace the shader but the tool is awesome!)
    - 1 Dynamic magic effect when you jump(i bought the pack just havn't gotten around to using it all yet.)
    - Run/walk toggling
    - Main Menu Toggling
    - Camera switching

Make sure to give feedback and let me know about any bugs :)
  45. Prion Games

Prion Games

I have great internet speed and great computer specs so why am I only getting 6-10kb/s? Will take hours that way. Might be I need to reset internet but if not I have no idea.
  46. ivanzu

ivanzu

You don't have to it looks like server problem as I'm getting the same speed.
  47. Prion Games

Prion Games

Just thought it was me :)
  48. Rush Rage Games

Rush Rage Games

Hmm, I'm getting a really slow download rate too! The time to complete the download just keeps going up.
  49. Legacy

Legacy

Hmm im not exactly sure why it would be going that slow, the server is located at my house and i pay for fast internet speeds let me check it.
  50. Legacy

Legacy

Well i remoted into my system from my phone and things seem okay im not sure why its acting up, if it doesnt speed up soon ill have to upload it to legacyonlineentertainment.com which is hosted seperately on a server rack in another building with business class net. I reset the router remotely hopefully that will work