Search Unity

Learning Unity I did a first person swing copter inspired game called swing spaceship

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by rbreve, Aug 28, 2014.

1. rbreve

rbreve

2. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

I think you should provide some screenshots/videos/details about the game.

3. rbreve

rbreve

Just click on the link, you will see screenshots and a video. Sorry for the low quality.

4. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

if it plays like the gameplay video, it would be horrible.

5. ReinholdRunner

ReinholdRunner

Please help me with the code. I'm very new and I would be soooo happy, if you said me how to change the flight directory by tapping the screen like in the video

...thanks

6. Vesper7dc

Vesper7dc

Why you make it 3D? Since you are new, you should make it 2D and with simple pixel art graphics. Also DONT release your first games on play store, you just destroy your name, wait until you have something good that its not a copy of a copy of a copy and then release it or find a publisher.

7. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

Congratulations, you've won worst advice of the day award.

Please head over the claims counter to collect your prize.

8. joni-giuro

joni-giuro

Congratulations, you've won most arrogant award.
    Please head over the claims counter to collect your prize.

(And that's also directed to your "if it plays like the gameplay video, it would be horrible." comment).

Even though I disagree with Vesper7dc about the 2d/3d stuff (I don't think making a 2d game is easier than making a 3d game) I think you could just try and be nice to the other people, especially if it's clearly a beginner thread (are you trying to scare them away?). Who knows, maybe rbreve will save your ass one day, answering a question you post on here..

9. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

OMG OMG I HOPE I WON SOMETHING AWESOME.

10. Skyriot

Skyriot

I think it does seem quite hard to play, maybe too hard. Flappy bird was hard to play, but it had a certain graphical simplicity to it that made it palatable to a wide base of users. I think a space-ship theme is harder to sell to a wide audience, and those who are interested in space or spaceship games are more the hard-core style gamers.

11. Amon

Amon

You know there is advice and then there is the absolute apex of the most stupid replies giving the worst advice ever.

Deffo agree with JamesLeeNZ. I wouldn't award you an over the counter prize though. For that reply with that advice I'm happy to say that you get two prizes. 1st: 98,000 Ugandan Dollars and 2nd: The entire Internet.

12. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

to the op... stop the spaceship swinging around, and it will possibly be a much more playable experience... also limit it so that you cant crash into the sides of the tunnel.

The swinging is too wild...

joni-giuro likes this.