Search Unity

LaunchScreen-iPad.xib internal error.

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Lasyin, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Lasyin

Lasyin

Hello! Was wondering if anyone else was getting this error in Xcode (built with Unity).
    When I try to build onto my iPhone 5s it fails and says:
    "LaunchScreen-iPad.xib
    Internal error. Please file a bug at bugreport.apple.com and attach all the crash logs from ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports"

I started getting this error when I updated to Xcode 7.1. I am using Unity 5.2.2f1 on OSX El Capitan 10.11.1 building to iPhone 5s running iOS 9.1.

If anyone could help it would be appreciated! :)

Edit: I have filed a bug report like they asked, no response as of yet!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
    Aelcyx likes this.
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yes! I am getting it, too. I just deleted splash screens for now and was going to deal with it later, as I am swamped. Please post here if you find something out :)

Aelcyx and Lasyin like this.
  3. ArkDyne

ArkDyne

Hallo Lasyin!!

I am Japanese.
    Since English is not good at it will post using the translated site.
    Please forgive me clumsy sentence is given to.

General -> DeploymentInfo -> Status Bar Style [Requires full screen] is check on

This came to pass build. (Version 4.6.5f)

Even to resolve if, it is also that the following error occurs.

-fembed-bitcode is not supported on versions of iOS prior to 6.0

Solution is equal to or less than.

BuildSetting -> Build Settings -> Build Options bitcode -> Yes→No

Now I have to resolve the issue.
    We wish you good luck.

Lasyin likes this.
  4. lmlab

lmlab

Had the very same issue.
    In my case the solution was just to build from Unity to a different directory.
    Know it sounds weird, but it did work for me.
    I have a sneaking suspicion that for every build Unity or XCode does, some hidden/temp/cache data is generated somewhere on the disk and that data is being accessed by XCode during build.
    The problem is that somehow XCode accesses old data or the data that wasn't properly cleared/regenerated/flushed, whatever.
    That would also explain why I keep having my app's old splashscreen shown just before the new one fades in, despite the fact that I've already deleted the old splashscreen.

Btw, had very similar splashscreen issue with Marmalade API. Had to find where the temp splashscreen data was stored and delete it manually prior each build.
    Too lazy to find out where Unity/XCode stores it. Maybe later :)

5. sdf_eee

sdf_eee

same problem here.. what is the best & right way for solve it?

6. povilas

povilas

Unity Technologies

We've heard reports of similar issues for some time, but couldn't reproduce ourselves. Usually a suggestion to update Xcode and its command line tools to the last supported version helped.

@lmlab Could you please check whether deleting the folder specified in Xcode->Preferences->Locations->DerivedData helps in your case?

7. prestonjbh

prestonjbh

I'm having this problem using Xcode 7.1 and Unity 5.2.1f1.

As asked by @povilas - deleting the deriveddata folder does not fix the situation.

I have build logs if that will help diagnose the problem.

8. lmlab

lmlab

@povilas
    So that's where all this stuff is stored!
    Thanks, I had no idea (I do not use Xcode for anything, except building Unity projects).

Yes, in my case deleting all these intermediate files did work.
    I should run more tests to see if splash screen issue I've mentioned is fixed, but it probably is.

9. litebox

litebox

Same problem. Deleting folder Xcode->Preferences->Locations->DerivedData doesn't help.
    Strange thing: first build ends with error, but if I rebuild project - it works.

10. prestonjbh

prestonjbh

FYI (per lmlab's suggestion) I was able to fix my scenario by changing the folder that my jenkins build agent was using. Seems to work fine after that.

EDIT: Actually the build continues to fail with the same error occasionally... and then fix itself... and then fail again. Not sure what's going on here. We have other Unity builds on the same Mac that do not exhibit this problem. And more to the point, we had a similar error on a non-Unity build earlier today. Feels like an issue with Xcode more than anything else.

I've attached the relevant part of the build log where this error first pops up below.

00:02:51.119 /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/ibtool --errors --warnings --notices --module simprodemo --output-partial-info-plist /Users/buildmaster/jenkins-slave/workspace/SimPro_MockDemo_Dev_iOS2/Development/autobuild/artifacts/generated_build/build/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/LaunchScreen-iPad-PartialInfo.plist --auto-activate-custom-fonts --target-device iphone --target-device ipad --minimum-deployment-target 6.0 --output-format human-readable-text --compile /Users/buildmaster/jenkins-slave/workspace/SimPro_MockDemo_Dev_iOS2/Development/autobuild/artifacts/xcode-build-output/simprodemo.app/LaunchScreen-iPad.nib /Users/buildmaster/jenkins-slave/workspace/SimPro_MockDemo_Dev_iOS2/Development/autobuild/artifacts/generated_build/LaunchScreen-iPad.xib
    00:02:52.569 2015-11-04 11:06:44.700 ibtoold[45253:4770043] [MT] DVTAssertions: Warning in /Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/IDEInterfaceBuilder/IDEInterfaceBuilder-9059/InterfaceBuilderKit/Utilities/IBAbstractInterfaceBuilderPlatformToolManager.m:253
    00:02:52.570 Details: Failed to attach to Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool with error: Error Domain=com.apple.InterfaceBuilder Code=-1 "Encountered an error communicating with Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool." UserInfo={NSUnderlyingError=0x7fa4b1dd1f50 {Error Domain=com.apple.InterfaceBuilder Code=-1 "Failed to launch Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool via CoreSimulator spawn" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to launch Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool via CoreSimulator spawn, NSUnderlyingError=0x7fa4b1dd1410 {Error Domain=com.apple.InterfaceBuilder Code=-1 "Failed to handshake with platform tool" UserInfo={NSUnderlyingError=0x7fa4b6852ee0 {Error Domain=com.apple.InterfaceBuilder Code=-1 "" UserInfo=0x7fa4b1dd5690 (not displayed)}, NSLocalizedFailureReason=Failed to open connection over FIFOs with platform tool, NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to handshake with platform tool}}}}, NSLocalizedDescription=Encountered an error communicating with Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool., NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Please check Console.app for crash reports for "Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool" for further information., NSLocalizedFailureReason=Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool (45272) failed to launch}
    00:02:52.574 Object: <IBCocoaTouchToolManager>
    00:02:52.574 Method: +_THREADSAFE_launchNewToolWithLaunchContext:executionContext:toolProxyClass:failureContext:requestingMethod:error:forReason:
    00:02:52.575 Thread: <NSThread: 0x7fa4b1d1ba70>{number = 1, name = main}
    00:02:52.575 Please file a bug at http://bugreport.apple.com with this warning message and any useful information you can provide.
    00:02:52.575 2015-11-04 11:06:44.704 ibtoold[45253:4770043] [MT] IBPlatformTool: *** Failed to launch tool with description <IBCocoaTouchPlatformToolDescription: 0x7fa4b3f82bb0> System content 1x for IBCocoaTouchFramework-NineOneAndLater w/ default fidelity: Encountered an error communicating with Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool. (Failure reason: Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool (45272) failed to launch): Failed to launch Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool via CoreSimulator spawn: Failed to handshake with platform tool (Failure reason: Failed to open connection over FIFOs with platform tool): : Failed to open FIFOs for handshaking with platform tool (Failure reason: Timed out waiting for FIFOs to open. Most likely Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool crashed before it could open the other end.)
    00:03:02.170 2015-11-04 11:06:54.313 ibtoold[45253:4770043] [MT] IBPlatformTool: Wrote failed marshalling request diagnostics to path: /var/folders/4w/l2tzd4fd5bb23zd2nxr2csjr0000gp/T/IB-agent-diagnostics_2015-11-04_11-06-53_260000
    00:03:02.170 /* com.apple.ibtool.errors */
    00:03:02.171 /Users/buildmaster/jenkins-slave/workspace/SimPro_MockDemo_Dev_iOS2/Development/autobuild/artifacts/generated_build/LaunchScreen-iPad.xib: error: Internal error. Please file a bug at bugreport.apple.com and attach "/var/folders/4w/l2tzd4fd5bb23zd2nxr2csjr0000gp/T/IB-agent-diagnostics_2015-11-04_11-06-53_260000".
    00:03:02.172 Recovery Suggestion: Please check Console.app for crash reports for "Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool" for further information.
    00:03:02.172 Underlying Errors:
    00:03:02.172 Description: Encountered an error communicating with Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool.
    00:03:02.173 Failure Reason: Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool (45272) failed to launch
    00:03:02.173 Recovery Suggestion: Please check Console.app for crash reports for "Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool" for further information.
    00:03:02.174 Underlying Errors:
    00:03:02.174 Description: Failed to launch Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool via CoreSimulator spawn
    00:03:02.175 Underlying Errors:
    00:03:02.175 Description: Failed to handshake with platform tool
    00:03:02.175 Failure Reason: Failed to open connection over FIFOs with platform tool
    00:03:02.176 Underlying Errors:
    00:03:02.176 Description:
    00:03:02.176 Recovery Suggestion: Try restarting your computer
    00:03:02.177 Underlying Errors:
    00:03:02.177 Description: Failed to open FIFOs for handshaking with platform tool
    00:03:02.177 Failure Reason: Timed out waiting for FIFOs to open. Most likely Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool crashed before it could open the other end.
    00:03:02.422

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  11. litebox

litebox

No, it doesn't work for me (

12. lmlab

lmlab

Both deleting intermediate Xcode files or building into different directory keeps working for me (different directory every build).

Unity 5.2.1f1
    XCode 7.1
    OSX El Capitan 10.11.1
    iOS 9.1

13. Lasyin

Lasyin

Sorry for the late response!
    Setting [Requires full screen] to on worked for me! Thank you for the help!
    Thanks everyone for the replies, try setting [Requires full screen] in the deployment info to on and see if that helps!

14. litebox

litebox

Yes, different directory every build is working perfect, but this is not very good solution, when you have to make additional set up in xCode project.

15. lmlab

lmlab

True. It's not a good solution. But, as a temporary (hopefully) workaround, it's a rather simple one.
    Besides, the only thing I'm tweaking in Xcode is setting "Requires full screen" thingy.

16. litebox

litebox

Yes, for workaround it's good. Or, you can use even one project - every second build is successful ))))
    Also, I have to choose my dev. account and fix libs linkage for Game Center.

17. JosepSerres

JosepSerres

Add this line to your Build Settings -> Header Search Paths:

Don't replace the existing line that looks similar, that is still needed to be backwards compatible with Xcode 7 and Xcode 6.4.

This solved the error to me :)

18. munaeem

munaeem

The way I do it is from Unity: Build setting>Player setting>splash image> launch screen type :none (for both iPhone and iPad

19. djoshi

djoshi

Just clean the build files.

cmd + shift + k

Hope this helps.

20. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Just doing

CMD + SHIFT + K

AND

CMD + OPTION + SHIFT + K

Worked!!!