Search Unity

Launch rope and swinging on the rope (Spider Type)

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by engelcj, Aug 4, 2015.

1. engelcj

engelcj

Hello everyone.

I need someone to help me make a system of throwing a rope and swinging.

2. DonLoquacious

DonLoquacious

Google it, check the AssetStore, or, if you can't find it as a free or paid script by searching around, hire a programmer to make it for you. This forum is for scripting problems, so if you try to write the script yourself and you run into an error or an issue where you can show your code, point to a spot, and say "why isn't this working like its supposed to?", then we'll be glad to help (provided you've already put in some time and effort trying to fix it yourself). We absolutely will not write it for you, sorry.

EDIT: I was curious and found this on the AssetStore. Enjoy!

3. engelcj

engelcj

@Lysander I'm not asking to give me all the code but rather a simple idea. I'm just a little confused with this issue. Thanks for your answer. :)

4. DonLoquacious

DonLoquacious

@fekj97 Then you need to explain exactly what with the issue is confusing you- to start with, what have you found in research on the problem and what part of it don't you understand?

A simple 30 second Google search brought up the AssetStore link I already shared, along with these two discussions on exactly this problem, with exactly your example. A thread that says "help me do this" is not going to get any responses beyond the kind I'm giving you right now: do the research and if and when you run into an actual calculable problem, then come post on the scripting support forum with the code you've written and the error and/or your specific issue as best as you can describe it.

I wish you luck!