Search Unity

Large memory usage found from Profiler - Not saved - Mesh

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by alpha bravo, Feb 3, 2014.

1. alpha bravo

alpha bravo

Hi Guys,

I'm using Unity 4.2.2 on my Windows PC.
    About a month ago my project works just fine on Android platform. However, today I found that I have a serious memory problem.
    As I attached a screenshot, I have lots of memory usage under Profiler - Not Saved - Mesh. I checked my old project and it seems like used 100 times less than now.
    Strange thing is I have no Mesh memory issue when I played on Unity Editor but only problem occurs on Android platform.

Here're my questions.

1. What is the "Not Saved - Mesh" in Profiler?

2. How to reduce memory usage of "Not Saved - Mesh"?

3. How to avoid this issue in the future?

4. Where I can find a info about "Not Saved - Mesh" exactly is?

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. MOlmstead

MOlmstead

I would also like to know what "Not Saved" is and if I need to worry about it. Mine isn't as bloated as alpha bravo's but it's still there and grows as the game runs.

3. NICEBASEGUYS

NICEBASEGUYS

4. gecko

gecko

"Not Saved" is also quite large (21mb) in our project -- but we're not using NGUI. Are there any other possible causes?

5. Meltdown

Meltdown

I would also like to know more about this...

6. guavaman

guavaman

It looks to me like they might be some temporary meshes created by a plugin. My guess would be that it appears when you create a new mesh and set the hide flags to DontSave. The meshes may be sticking around because they are needed -- in the op's case, looks like some UI system created them. It may also be they're not being destroyed by the plugin properly if they're not needed anymore, because Mesh objects will not automatically be cleaned up when they go out of scope.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  7. fffMalzbier

fffMalzbier

Is the Profile form the editor of form the android device?
    In the editor there is a lot of stuff stuff that will not be in the build version.
    Just connect too the development Android build and see if it still sticks around.

8. Meltdown

Meltdown

From the OP "Strange thing is I have no Mesh memory issue when I played on Unity Editor but only problem occurs on Android platform"

9. fffMalzbier

fffMalzbier

Sorry for having something on my eyes for not seeing this.