Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Kryptic Killing

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Rin-Dev, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Rin-Dev

Rin-Dev

10/16/15 Update

10/6/15 Update

Sorry for such a late update, I've had personal life agenda to attend to recently, and this is a hobby to do when I'm not busy so I haven't been able to get much work done. However, I figured exploding zombies would be awesome.

9/24/15 Update

New look, 2 new weapons, and cars explode. Damage is still being worked on. Hope whoever reads this gets the chance to check out the GameJolt or watch the video. Have a great day !

____________________________________________________________________________

Kryptic Killing is a zombie game attempt. I wanted to combine all my favorite aspects of a zombie game into one. It'll feature a full weapon list, special powers such as slow time , super speed, etc..., the story mode is being worked on, as it starts with you building your base with your fellow survivors and popping you right into the action. and one thing I loved, it gives you traditional zombies. Thanks to Bloody Mess Dismemberment, body part dismemberment will be a feature for this game, but the only true way to kill the zombie, is a shot to the head. Multiple shots. Whether it be a melee weapon or a gun, headshots are required. Because of this, there will be no special zombies or infected. Instead, psychopaths will be a problem along side your decaying menace.

The Arena mode is something close to a mixture of Cod Zombies and Left 4 Dead. I plan on it being wave based , but you also have a goal to reach. The way this will work is a ranking system. The higher waves and points at the end, the higher grade rank you receive , the more you unlock in the shop, the more in game cash for you to spend on upgrades for your story mode.

Gamejolt page for downloads
    http://gamejolt.com/dashboard/games/92414

A screen shot of battle
    Promo.jpg

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
    RavenOfCode and Aiursrage2k like this.
  2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

There seems to be one blue frame in the M4's shooting atlas.
    I think the audible indicators for the zombies are a little far. I think traditional zombies would be pretty much silent until they got close.
    I really like the text. It's different.

3. Rin-Dev

Rin-Dev

I've gotten mix reviews on the text. I think I might have it in the options menu to change it in game for people who struggle reading it. Also, I've noticed the blue frame too however , I believe this to be a problem with unity as I get an error about lights and layers specifically when the guns fire. I'm looking into it

4. Rin-Dev

Rin-Dev

Update *
    I've updated the game, some bugs are still there but overall it's better.

Someone's video review and current gameplay showing major changes over the original

5. Rin-Dev

Rin-Dev

Changes added to the first post !

6. Rin-Dev

Rin-Dev

New video added of version 3 update