Search Unity

Klonoa or Pandemonium game camera like (Path camera for 2.5D platformer )

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by orokborokhulu, Jan 31, 2013.

1. orokborokhulu

orokborokhulu

Hi, i made an example for camera path from itween. The camera system is look like klonoa game or Pandemonium game.
    so thank to the guy behind iTween who make this happen easily.
    I made it for free, I hope it will be helpfull for some people.

grab it here:

http://depositfiles.com/files/ofiljbwj6

2. SteveJ

SteveJ

Ahhh, Pandemonium. I loved that game so much...

3. sonofbryce

sonofbryce

Thanks for this example! Super helpful.

4. fstenbergp

fstenbergp

I know this is a VERY old thread, but the file is unavailable, and it seem to be exactly what I'm looking for. Any chance you still have it all this time after?

Best regards

5. khrysller

khrysller

yeah I was looking for it too

6. sonofbryce

sonofbryce

I'm sorry, I can't find the project anymore. From what I remember, the technique was using on of iTween's curved path functions. I believe it was a little half circle arena and there were gameobjects placed for the positions for the curve points. Those were in an array that made a path similar to what's discussed in this thread: https://answers.unity.com/questions/326039/make-an-object-follow-a-curved-path-using-itween.html

I think the X and Z position were based on the positions along the curve but I remember it not being completely smooth (because I think the points would have to be equidistant apart from each other and that's tricky placing points by hand).

It was a cool demo/proof-of-concept but I don't think it would've been a strong enough technique to build entire levels from it. I would think there's better solution now in 2020! ;)

khrysller likes this.