Search Unity

Kiduoso - First Words

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by casimps1, Jun 10, 2014.

1. casimps1

casimps1

I'm finally releasing one of the projects I've been working on these past months. This is an educational app designed to help young children learn their first words. It's currently available for Android devices.

Please download, rate, and share if you like it! Thanks!

App description

Kiduoso - First Words is a free educational tool designed to teach your children their first words in a fun, effective, and fully customizable way.

With Kiduoso your child will discover new words in a familiar flash card style environment that uses both visual and verbal cues. Our official Word Sets are organized into coherent themes, but you are always free to change them to suit your personalized needs and teaching strategies. Remove words from Word Sets. Combine Word Sets. Change a word's picture or audio. Even create brand new words yourself with your device's camera and microphone.

With Kiduoso's Custom Words feature you can teach your kids words that no other commercial set of flash cards or images can - words like "Daddy", "Mommy", and "Brother". You can also record yourself speaking a word in your accent or even your own native language.

Transform your kid into a Kiduoso!

Kiduoso - First Words is a free educational tool designed to teach your children their first words in a fun, effective, and fully customizable way.
    With Kiduoso your child will discover new words in a familiar flash card style environment that uses both visual and verbal cues. Our official Word Sets are organized into coherent themes, but you are always free to change them to suit your personalized needs and teaching strategies. Remove words from Word Sets. Combine Word Sets. Change a word's picture or audio. Even create brand new words yourself with your device's camera and microphone.

With Kiduoso's Custom Words feature you can teach your kids words that no other commercial set of flash cards or images can - words like "Daddy", "Mommy", and "Brother". You can also record yourself speaking a word in your accent or even your own native language.

Transform your kid into a Kiduoso!

Features:
    - Flash card style Learn Mode
    - Highly configurable
    - Simple to use - just choose your Word Set and hit Play
    - Edit official Word Sets or create your own
    - Edit official words or create your own using your device's built-in camera and microphone
    - Words can advance on a timer for a more passive learning experience geared toward infants and toddlers
    - Words can also wait for a tap to give interactivity and opportunity to sight read to preschoolers and beyond
    - Can display words in uppercase, lowercase, or a mix
    - Parent Lock prevents your child from making In-App Purchases or editing your Words and Word Sets so that they can safely use the app unsupervised
    - Official Word Sets are available that typically include 20 words per set with high quality photos and recorded speech for each word

Includes 4 FREE official Word Sets:
    - Animal Sampler
    - Colors
    - Letters A-G
    - Numbers 1-5

4 premium official Word Sets also available for purchase:
    - Letters A-Z
    - Numbers 1-20
    - Fruits
    - Sports
    - and much more coming soon!

UPDATED: Jan. 18, 2015 - Totally overhauled interface (switched over from NGUI to new Unity UI). Screenshots of new UI below

Screenshots

screencap1.png
    screencap4.png
    screencap6.png

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
    graveking likes this.
  2. casimps1

casimps1

3. casimps1

casimps1

v1.1 released! More interactivity with new Quiz Mode.

Quiz Mode lets you present your child with a word and have them choose the matching image. Alternately, you can present your child with an image and have them choose the matching word.

4. casimps1

casimps1

5. PAEvenson

PAEvenson

Wow, thats awesome man. I had an idea exactly like this 5 years ago that I abandoned. The ability to add your own images/voice stuff too! Awesome job! I was planning on placing 9 or 12 tiles on a page so the user can click them and have some animation (spin the tile, expand/contract, etc) occur and play the sound effect for the tile. Got the idea from the "My Big Animal Book". I definitely have to try this out on my 2 youngsters.

6. casimps1

casimps1

Thanks! Yeah, I have lots of ideas for more interactive "games" to play with the words and images. I just need it to get a little more traction first before I can feel confident that it's worth the effort to continue expanding it.

7. Epictickle

Epictickle

Wow, I can't wait until my daughter is a little older so she can start playing around with technology/games. I REALLY.. SINCERELY... ABSOLUTELY want to get her into video game dev once she's a bit older and can learn to code... I mean, I'd never force her to do it, but if she ever seems interested I'm definitely going to jump on that quick and teach her the ins and outs. Absolutely love the app man, can't tell you enough how great of an idea this was!

casimps1 likes this.
  8. casimps1

casimps1

v1.1.1 posted to Google Play and Amazon. Fixes a few bugs with Quiz Mode.

9. casimps1

casimps1

The latest version of Kiduoso (v2.0) is a major update and features a totally overhauled user interface that is cleaner, better looking, and most importantly, easier to use. Everything you've come to expect from Kiduoso is all still there under the hood, just with a more shiny exterior.

Kiduoso 2.0 is available now on Google Play and Amazon Appstore. Screenshots above have been updated to reflect newest version.

10. casimps1

casimps1

11. joni-giuro

joni-giuro

I think it looks cool, but there's a bug: the dude in the last pic is not my daddy.

12. casimps1

casimps1

Hmm... strange. We tested the daddy feature extensively. Try downloading the app and giving it a good review. Then you should be able to see the correct image. ;)

13. joni-giuro

joni-giuro

xD I'll wait until I have a child and then I will try the daddy feature on myself. Sorry I won't download it now, I really don't need it (yet)