Search Unity

Kickstarter for Robot Rundown has begun!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by vmsmitty, Oct 22, 2014.

1. vmsmitty

vmsmitty

The retro side-scrolling shooter game Robot Rundown is looking for Kickstarter backers. Robot Rundown is currently only available on the iOS platform and we want to make our game accessible to as many people as possible, on as many platforms as we can- not just to iPhone users.

Visit the Kickstarter page

Robot Rundown is a retro side-scrolling shooter game built in Unity3D and designed for smartphones that directly ties into the story universe of Transolar Galactica, an award winning Sci-Fi Comedy series. It was developed by the Transolar Team in partnership with Vexing Media.

Robot Rundown comes packed with challenging gameplay, loads of humor, and an awesome eight-bit graphic design and musical score. Plus there's a ton of cool video cut scenes built into the game that weave the story into the Transolar universe.

You play as Sol-Bot, the underappreciated, motorized newbie heroine of the S.S. Transolar’s crew. After an unintended crash, you learn that the S.S. Transolar’s flight records, including the truth behind the accident, are stored within your databanks. That makes you a target. Now the UGCA is after your beating mechanical heart, and it’s up to you and your Transolar allies to escape.

2. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

Its your lucky day, I took a look at your kickstarter and how the costs are broken down, and the good news is you can save $3400 by not using unity pro (which you obviously dont need) to drive a kickstarter campaign. yay!

youre welcome.

3. primus88

primus88

Why you need Unity PRO and all the extra for a sidescrolling game? Also, I'm not really sure that I want to play such a pixelated game on a 24' monitor...

Things aside, the KS page looks well done and the game seems fun.

vmsmitty likes this.
  4. 1HpLeft

1HpLeft

Hello ,

some feedbacks :
    -you don't ask for too much money and that's nice.
    -I think that the game trailer is too fast (the pace) I don't understand how do you play it... I have max 2seconds to understand what is happenning.
    -I'm not a big fan of the art ( it may looks good on a iphone but on a galaxy note ....)
    -It's nice to have video on the game but that would turn me off , your iphone version is around 350Mo , it's a lot of memory for some phone . ( I have a lot of games on mine, and if a game take that much space it need to be very good in order to not be uninstall)

Good luck with your KS

vmsmitty likes this.
  5. vmsmitty

vmsmitty