Search Unity

[KICKSTARTER] Deadwood: The Forgotten Curse

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Steamroller, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Steamroller

Steamroller

Hey Fellow Unity Devs!

Do you have a minute? Let’s talk about our new game Deadwood: The Forgotten Curse. It's a game about exploration and survival. You play a woodling named Lathe. By day you travel the world, and advance through a carefully crafted story. You quest, gather resources and prepare for the night. You are accompanied by a stone giant name Roguard, who's job is to help you along on your adventure. During the day he’s a powerhouse. At night though, he falls asleep on you. Then it becomes about using your resources, wit, and skill to survive the night (and help him survive as well)

We hope we are blending the best aspects of games like Zelda and Don't Starve to create a game that we know you will love. Have any suggestions or questions? Let us know. And if you are so inclined, we’d really appreciate you checking out the Kickstarter Campaign and spreading the word to help make this a reality.

SullyTheStrange likes this.
  2. 1HpLeft

1HpLeft

Hey,

the game look really good ( I'm not a fan of the main character, he seem pretty generic)

good luck with your KS

3. Steamroller

Steamroller

4. Steamroller

Steamroller

We released a new production video today.

And if that tickled your fancy, I implore you to check out the 10 other videos we have already released.

5. SullyTheStrange

SullyTheStrange

Oh hey, I didn't know this was in Unity! Already backed it a few days ago, looks really fantastic. I hope you guys get more media coverage soon for some well-deserved recognition!

6. Steamroller

Steamroller

Oh yeah! I saw your name roll by on the backers page. Thanks for the support!

We are not sure why the Kickstarter gods have frowned upon us. We have seen much less games get much more exposure. All I can say its not for lack of trying. We have done everything we can think of to try and gain the attention of the press and even Kickstarter itself for that matter but we are kinda at a loss.

Anyways, we have started to see a bit of movement on the campaign today so we are hoping all our hard work is starting to pay off.

Fingers crossed and onto the next email...

7. SullyTheStrange

SullyTheStrange

One suggestion, have you been playing up the "Zelda" meets "Don't Starve" angle? I see you mention it often but usually a paragraph or two down. It might work better as an opening hook that gets people to keep looking to see what you mean, especially in press emails where they might not even open the message if they don't get hooked immediately. Sadly there ARE a lot of survival games out there, so you gotta do everything you can to keep people from writing you off before they really know what it is.

That's what we did with our game Sneaky Ninja, we almost always start by saying "Mario" meets "Mark of the Ninja", and I think it worked pretty well at keeping people from thinking it's "just another 2D platformer" at first glance.

If it's not in your email subject line, maybe try that out!

8. 1HpLeft

1HpLeft

I think the idea of sullyTheStrange is not bad ( I just clicked on it because I loved Mark of the Ninja ) even if I don't become a backer I saw the page because I was intrigue and it's a good thing .

Good luck with your KS.

9. Steamroller

Steamroller

Advice taken. The comparison is now the very first thing on our Kickstarter page. Thanks for the advice!

10. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Good luck on kickstarter. Your game looks interesting.
    It's nice to see some fellow Mudbox & Max users around here!