Search Unity

Jolly Joyriders for android (Need Feedback plz)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by 8Eye, Nov 18, 2014.

1. 8Eye

8Eye

https://googledrive.com/host/0B5W_LfgkGmcMT1plR1

I finished up one of the games ive had on my hard drive for a while and i just wanted to get some feed back on it before i release it on the asset store. The game is an endless runner where you avoid all the traffic and get as many points as you can. The GUI is a little buggy i know, i will be working on that tommorow and pollishing the overall quality of the game.

Guide - Use the mouse to guide the car . Make sure you do not go on the grass or you will lose points.

And please don't try to be nice just tell me how it could be improved and what is good about it.

Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  2. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

It's a simple game. What is in there seems well-implemented. The first time I played it I made it to 100.

I never hit the grass. I think after a certain amount of time you could add in some water or oil on the road. Or simply add some more cars. If you want to really spice it up flip the other cars around so the player is an "insane driver" driving the wrong way.

3. 8Eye

8Eye

I never actually thought of flipping the cars around but it sounds like a good idea. I dont think oil is needed because after a while the track will turn icy and slippery. Thanks for the feedback though GarBenjamin.

GarBenjamin likes this.
  4. jtok4j

jtok4j

First Props for this alone: You finished the project and got it released! :D

So many people have unfinished projects lying around (me included - *ducks head) which took up their time, and they never released or bothered to finish! You've surpassed them with this release!

First impression: Cool, this brings back memories of childhood gaming without end...

Second Impression: Hmmm... the engine sounds has leveled off, there's almost no cars on the road. . (frantically pressed every key on the keyboard in order to change gears and go faster, but it was stuck on gear 2 with no options found to shift up and increase the speed.

Played it several times, and made it to the snow/raining part, although there wasn't much to do while waiting to arrive at this part, there was only a few cars, and I was desperately wishing for a higher gear to shift into so I could go faster if possible.

It's great, but in this day and age, I'd recommend allowing the speed to increase, and more cars/obstacles to come along the way. (Or perhaps car upgrades/different models to choose from? )

Once again: You are to be proud for this released game!
    (Now, back to my unreleased project, I go! )

8Eye likes this.
  5. 8Eye

8Eye

Thanks for playing jtok4j, and thanks for the feedback. The version you played was from yesterday and i have made the gear shifting alot more faster so that people can get into the game a little faster rather than trudging around in gear 2, it almost sounded like a learner driver trying to shift gears lol. I am also adding a 16 wheeler truck when you get further in but im stuck on drawing it :( That reminds me, i need to get back to it. Thanks for the feedback and good luck with your games.

6. jtok4j

jtok4j

Hey,

Nice! I'm super happy with the speed-up and automatic gear shifting now!
    I did notice that when I start the came, it counts the points, but after moving onto the grass, it stops counting points.
    Then after moving back to the road, nothing happens for about 10 seconds, and then the points start adding again.

If, however you crash, the points don't start incrementing up, when you "play again", but after you play and crash, the game mentions that your score is: (the original score you received in your first attempt at playing.)

Hope this is helpful for troubleshooting. :) Great changes! I'm subscribed to this thread, 'cause I can't wait to play with the 16 wheeler! :D :D

7. 8Eye

8Eye

Thanks for the report jtok, i would never have found it otherwise ;).

Just fixed it and added a bonus points system that gives you extra points for driving in the oncoming lane. Now its time to add some new vehicles.

8. 8Eye

8Eye