Search Unity

Jib Life on Kickstarter

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by illogikaStudios, Mar 14, 2012.

1. illogikaStudios

illogikaStudios

It's here! Jib Life is real and we're ready to open up our early development build to the public!

Jib Life is a skiing/snowboarding game built around the freestyle, or newschool, aspects of the two sports. We are utilizing the Unity engine, which will allow us to publish the game to both PC and Mac, as well as a possible browser integrated version of the game. Whether you're obsessed with getting your tricks clean on an insane urban rail, dialing in your double corks on a massive park jump, or finding that pillow line deep in the back country, this game will have it all.

We need your HELP!

In order to bring Jib Life to the next level we need your love and support!

This Kickstarter campaign offers a unique opportunity for Jib Life to bring our loyal fans and newfound enthusiasts into the inner sanctum of Jib Life’s development, while also being able to push out our first playable map (Camp of Champions Proving Grounds) as well as some incredible in-game rewards that will only be available to purchase during this campaign and will accompany you and your account into the next release of the game.

And the best part about this campaign? (Besides getting access to the first map, and the sweet in-game gear, and the custom art, and your own personal in-game element?) Your pledge and support keeps this game in our control, which allows us to keep it legit. Period.

Jib Life on Kickstarter

2. EricTheCoolDude

EricTheCoolDude

It looks interesting, but I couldn't find more than about three seconds of actual gameplay footage in there.

And the physics look pretty sluggish.

3. kootenay

kootenay

It's an interesting concept re the focus on new school jibbing etc.. I've been working on browser and mobile ski apps for the past year or so.... check out my apps at alpenglowgames.com and on iTunes under "Ski Full Tilt 3D".... I'm on iphone, ipad, android etc... I've also posted my browser game on the Asset Store, (Ski Game Starter Kit) and have just submitted a Mobile Ski Game Starter kit to the Asset Store. Maybe we could cross promote somehow?

4. 686InSomNia686

686InSomNia686

Hi illogikaStudios,
    I'm a French young programmer, I've a Master Degree in Computer Science and I begin to use Unity right now for my own pleasure.
    I'm a huge fan of skiing (Tom Wallisch, Henrik Harlaut,...) and snowboarding (MFM, Torstein,...) since so much time and your video is really cool.
    I wanna made a snowboard game close to the video game of Skate by EA.
    I have some much cool ideas for my game but I have to start with a simple version.
    Have you any advices for me to begin well my project?
    Thanx for your help.
    Best Regards,
    Clément.

5. kootenay

kootenay

My advice, leverage coders and animators from Unity commercial forums, and use the Asset Store .... it will save you LOTS of time! :)

6. diegzumillo

diegzumillo

I've skipped through the video and could only find footage of people. I know that sounds lazy of me but it's what people will actually do, and that doesn't sell the idea.

edit: Sorry, I judged from the video you posted here, and the one there is much better! a lot of showing, lot of explaining, I like it.

edit2: Aaaand I just realized this is an old thread.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  7. 686InSomNia686

686InSomNia686

Thanx a lot, I have found a Ski Asset but 45$ is too expensive for me.
    So I'm gonna build my game from scratch for the moment... :)